• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nkemdiche and Dabo

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
FWIW, I don't think of many verbals as anything other than an affirmation that the school is their number one choice... for now. Recruiting high profile guys is such a fluid situation, and until I get confirmation that his named has been inked on a LOI and faxed to the Clemson athletic department his recruiting is still open.

I'd definitely agree with that ^^^

and fair enough .. you live in SC so you're probably hearing a lot more about this than we are .. but at least agree with me that if Carter gets an offer from Clemson, it wreaks of shit?

Let's face it .. Carter is a 2* recruit, his best offers are Arkansas State and East Carolina ... oh .. and Ole Miss (wonder why??). Based on the recruits that Clemson has been pulling the last few years, he is NOWHERE NEAR Clemson-caliber. Now I will admit that I haven't watched his film and I don't put THAT much stock in stars, and maybe his offer list will improve -- but based on his offer list NOW ... he's not Clemson-caliber.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd definitely agree with that ^^^

and fair enough .. you live in SC so you're probably hearing a lot more about this than we are .. but at least agree with me that if Carter gets an offer from Clemson, it wreaks of shit?

Let's face it .. Carter is a 2* recruit, his best offers are Arkansas State and East Carolina ... oh .. and Ole Miss (wonder why??). Based on the recruits that Clemson has been pulling the last few years, he is NOWHERE NEAR Clemson-caliber. Now I will admit that I haven't watched his film and I don't put THAT much stock in stars, and maybe his offer list will improve -- but based on his offer list NOW ... he's not Clemson-caliber.

It looks to be a moot point anyway; we already have two DBs committed and will take one more IF we can get either Fuller or Hargreaves.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
and I'm sorry -- visiting brother or not ... I bet Dabo is pissed about that picture of him with an Ole Miss jersey POSTED ON TWITTER .. If I were him, I wouldn't be very happy about it.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I'm sorry -- visiting brother or not ... I bet Dabo is pissed about that picture of him with an Ole Miss jersey POSTED ON TWITTER .. If I were him, I wouldn't be very happy about it.

I haven't seen it yet; not on Twitter. What's the handle?

EDIT: FTR, I like Dabo coming out and saying in his eyes, a verbal commitment is a bond because it's the recruit's word. However, in this day and age, kids don't care too much about honoring their word if something better comes along...

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can totally respect Dabo's stance and I agree .. It's one of the few things that I like about Paul Johnson (Georgia Tech's coach). He has the same attitude towards that .. a commitment is a commitment ... So if Nkemdiche starts taking visits, Dabo is in a lose-lose situation.

Tweet was from his brother, Denzel

Denzel Nkemdiche ‏@denzelnkemdiche
Straight like that ... Ha ha. #brotherlylove

0c182decd43211e193761231381b7339_7.jpg

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can totally respect Dabo's stance and I agree .. It's one of the few things that I like about Paul Johnson (Georgia Tech's coach). He has the same attitude towards that .. a commitment is a commitment ... So if Nkemdiche starts taking visits, Dabo is in a lose-lose situation.

Tweet was from his brother, Denzel

0c182decd43211e193761231381b7339_7.jpg

'Preciate the post; I would be dumbfounded if he ended up at Ole Miss.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll have to forgive me; I live in the Columbia, SC area and have heard enough misdirected "reporting" on this issue to drive any rational fan insane.

And FWIW, I don't harbor any animosity toward VT or their fans; just heard enough of the misdirection and false reports regarding this issue already.

fucking coots!! :lol:

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i'll give dabo credit .. i honestly didn't think he would suspend watkins for 1 full game, save 2 ... but he did --- good for him

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Clemson will tell this guy's 2 star high school buddy DB to hit the road too. That is what I would do...if nothing else to send a message to future guys who want to try and fuck with the Tigers.

You can just tell this guy is a egotistical douche (at least that is the way it seems to me). I hope he goes to Ole Miss where he will be lucky to win a conference game every year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Clemson will tell this guy's 2 star high school buddy DB to hit the road too. That is what I would do...if nothing else to send a message to future guys who want to try and fuck with the Tigers.

You can just tell this guy is a egotistical douche (at least that is the way it seems to me). I hope he goes to Ole Miss where he will be lucky to win a conference game every year.

That's how I feel about it too. Here's an article with some Clemson perspective and a great SB nation site.

Robert Nkemdiche Chronicles: De-Commit? - Shakin The Southland

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we rescind the offer and tell him to GTFO. If the kid is that persuaded by momma crying about his choice, let him go to a racist school and play with his brother; hard to believe momma is allowing that shit to even continue given the recent (and past) history at Ole Miss. No 17 year old could be is worth the headache this kid will cause if he gets on campus and a) doesn't play b) gets disciplined in any way, shape or form c) destroys team chemistry d) causes an NCAA violation or e) all of the above, and then transfers or gets his dad to take all the blame.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we rescind the offer and tell him to GTFO. If the kid is that persuaded by momma crying about his choice, let him go to a racist school and play with his brother; hard to believe momma is allowing that shit to even continue given the recent (and past) history at Ole Miss. No 17 year old could be is worth the headache this kid will cause if he gets on campus and a) doesn't play b) gets disciplined in any way, shape or form c) destroys team chemistry d) causes an NCAA violation or e) all of the above, and then transfers or gets his dad to take all the blame.

Agree. I understand that mommy wants him to be with bubby more for family travel purposes than anything, but if she lives in Nigeria, how many games does she actually get to see. I don't live in the SE but can't imagine Clemson is much further than 5-6 hours away from Oxford..so whats the big deal?? Let the guy go where he wants, where he will be with his buddies and actually win some damn games.

It is baffling how much some mothers just want to have control and keep their kids on their tit for as long as they can. Just a year ago a young african american college grad interviewed for a position in our group. HE BROUGHT HIS PARENTS TO THE INTERVIEW. Red fucking flag. Funny enough..mommy took a look around the office and asked my supervisor where all the black people were..no shit. Needless to say, he wasn't offered the job (and that WAS NOT because of his color).

EDIT: Didn't mean to turn this into a post on race. That is not what it is about. Situations like this are not limited to any race.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. I understand that mommy wants him to be with bubby more for family travel purposes than anything, but if she lives in Nigeria, how many games does she actually get to see. I don't live in the SE but can't imagine Clemson is much further than 5-6 hours away from Oxford..so whats the big deal?? Let the guy go where he wants, where he will be with his buddies and actually win some damn games.

It is baffling how much some mothers just want to have control and keep their kids on their tit for as long as they can. Just a year ago a young african american college grad interviewed for a position in our group. HE BROUGHT HIS PARENTS TO THE INTERVIEW. Red fucking flag. Funny enough..mommy took a look around the office and asked my supervisor where all the black people were..no shit. Needless to say, he wasn't offered the job (and that WAS NOT because of his color).

EDIT: Didn't mean to turn this into a post on race. That is not what it is about. Situations like this are not limited to any race.

Dumb people are dumb regardless of race, color, creed, or whatever else people want to bitch about. Agree 100% that mom's decision trumps whatever Nkemdiche wants, I just cannot believe that Ole Miss could be her first choice. He's got offers from everyone, so nothing would surprise me at this point except if he did end up at Ole Miss. For the mom to be some sort of politician in Nigeria, you would expect her to be a little more in tune with current events, right? I sincerely wish the kid well, just not anywhere near Clemson, SC.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great quote from Dabo on his approach accepting verbal commitments:

“If you have those and they don’t commit, then you could really target and move on to those that are committed,” he said. “I tell them up front - I just tell guys up front and I am sure the coaches cringe every time they bring me a prospect or I get on the phone with one. The first thing I do is I try to talk them out of it. Then I ask them if they are serious, and I define it so we can agree on a definition. But I tell them if they want to be a commit and take visits to other places, then don’t commit. Let us just keep recruiting you. I don’t know what is so complicated about it. We try to not operate like that here. I wouldn’t want a guy to not do anything that is not best for him. When a guy makes a commitment at Clemson, we define it up front. There is no gray area. We have to make sure we can cover ourselves.
When people are committed to other schools and they reach out to us, then they are not committed to that other school.”

I hope he tells Nkemdiche to GTFO and stops recruiting him; we thankfully had a decommit from the two star DB that we had committed because of him anyway. Maybe now we'll go after guise that want to be at Clemson and actually have a chance to make a positive impact.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great quote from Dabo on his approach accepting verbal commitments:

I hope he tells Nkemdiche to GTFO and stops recruiting him; we thankfully had a decommit from the two star DB that we had committed because of him anyway. Maybe now we'll go after guise that want to be at Clemson and actually have a chance to make a positive impact.

Great quote by Dabo, that pisses me off more than anything. DONT commit to a team if u arent sure or still visiting other schools, especially if his mommy is sayn go play with ur brother. Ignorant people, that do decommit for indecisive reasons. Disrespect to the football program, recruiting coaches, and school!!!