• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nkemdiche and Dabo

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bigger question may be what Dabo will do if/when Nkemdiche takes that visit to Ole Miss in the fall...

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ Clemson building a HS football team.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The bigger question may be what Dabo will do if/when Nkemdiche takes that visit to Ole Miss in the fall...
my guess ... not a damned thing ... but if he stood by his mantra, i would be impressed. for dabo's credibility's sake, he'd better hope he doesn't.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I can't believe Nkemdiche went public with something like that. But Dabo will still offer the Carter kid.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a bunch of hot air; the morons on 107.5 the game brought this up today. Wayne Gallman is a consensus 4 star RB that could've gone anwhere; Kamara had multiple offers from top tier schools. The kid from Mrs. State has said he wanted to be closer to home, and enrolled early this summer; he is going to basically give up a scholarship to walk on. Since he has enrolled and accepted financial aid, this renders him unable to receive any sort of aid for the academic year (meaning he'll be paying his own way). Nkemdiche should've kept his mouth shut, but considering he's a 17 year old kid, he doesn't really have the wherewithal to know any better. I'd be throwing my weight around too if I were the number one overall recruit if it gave my buddy a shot at a major D1 scholarship.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You coots can dream all you want, but it's just a slow day in the media and they've literally run out of things to talk about if this is making headlines :rolleyes:

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a bunch of hot air; the morons on 107.5 the game brought this up today. Wayne Gallman is a consensus 4 star RB that could've gone anwhere; Kamara had multiple offers from top tier schools. The kid from Mrs. State has said he wanted to be closer to home, and enrolled early this summer; he is going to basically give up a scholarship to walk on. Since he has enrolled and accepted financial aid, this renders him unable to receive any sort of aid for the academic year (meaning he'll be paying his own way). Nkemdiche should've kept his mouth shut, but considering he's a 17 year old kid, he doesn't really have the wherewithal to know any better. I'd be throwing my weight around too if I were the number one overall recruit if it gave my buddy a shot at a major D1 scholarship.

The bold is the story, and it's significant, as it does look like the kid is setting up a soft-extortion package deal. Of course there's always networking among local high school athletes. Gilmore and Devonte Holloman worked Clowney at South Pointe to go Gamecock, for example. We offered one of Clowney's teammates (one of the Dixon brothers - I get 'em confused). But you didn't hear Marcus Lattimore going to the media and saying he would come to USC if we offered his friend Nick Jones.

Nkemdiche's action, and Dabo's soon-to-be offer reflect poorly on the institution.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bold is the story, and it's significant, as it does look like the kid is setting up a soft-extortion package deal. Of course there's always networking among local high school athletes. Gilmore and Devonte Holloman worked Clowney at South Pointe to go Gamecock, for example. We offered one of Clowney's teammates (one of the Dixon brothers - I get 'em confused). But you didn't hear Marcus Lattimore going to the media and saying he would come to USC if we offered his friend Nick Jones.

Nkemdiche's action, and Dabo's soon-to-be offer reflect poorly on the institution.

:rolleyes: Maybe the mudslingers should do a little research before they completely trash the hypothetical offer; if Ellis Johnson found it appropriate to offer the kid, I'm pretty sure he'll have some more major D1 offers before he NSD.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(a) G. A. Mangus was the recruiter on Nkemdiche.
(b) Even if it had been Ellis Johnson, I doubt the kid would have gone to Southern Miss. Our DC is now Lorenzo Ward.

Considering Mr. Carter currently holds an offer from Southern Miss, I would have to disagree, sir.

EDIT: In before the edit/delete :dhd:

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering Mr. Carter currently holds an offer from Southern Miss, I would have to disagree, sir.

I deleted the post - I thought you were talking about Nkemdiche. But here is So. Miss's current commit list - 3 unrateds and a 2-star.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I deleted the post - I thought you were talking about Nkemdiche. But here is So. Miss's current commit list - 3 unrateds and a 2-star.

I have heard conflicting reports on the athletic ability of Ryan Carter; the Grayson coach is claiming he can run a 4.2, but I have yet to see or hear anything else that substantiates that claim. We'll just have to wait and see how things play out; the kid could turn out to a big sleeper. Lots of kids don't pop up on the radar until their senior year, and with playing at the same school as the top DE and a coveted RB, it would be fairly easy to get overlooked.

Besides, if Ellis Johnson sees fit to extend an offer, the kid can't be a complete slouch.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
THe story is that Dabo has basically pulled offers for less ... He's a fucking hypocrite
.. Period ... Not to say that he'd be wrong to offer the scrub but it is what it is. His blue chip should've handled this behind closed doors and it's pretty obvious to me that he's a SOFT commit

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I'm a huge Dabo fan but why does this ruffle your feathers?

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2