• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nitty Gritty Time

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
slow draft going on... 15 team, points league, round 17 approaching and I'm going to get my second closer.

criteria to think about: 6 pt saves, -3 pt blown saves, 1 pt per k, 1/2 pt per inning... -3 loss, 6 pt blown save-bullshit win. Also, must draft two RP, and can only roster two (unless injury), so no handcuffs here, just a free for all on waivers when shit happens...

John Axford - so all that pitch tipping talk and his remained K-rate keeps him in the mix
Nate Jones - should be able to stay ahead of Lindstrom, and I like that K-rate, but no "experience"
Joakim Soria - seems to be the forgotten man, and could be the sneaky guy I'm looking for
Neftali Feliz - meh, see above... arm troubles his whole career

Other? -- they would have to be ranked very low, or one of your DEEP sleepers (which I guess would make me hold off until round 20 -- we must fill our roster before drafting our reserves)

the only other positions I need filling are two MI's (looking at Rutledge, Weeks, Uggla, Rollins, Dee G, and Brian Roberts), and my 4th OF (not much left on the scrap heap, might take a shot on Grady Sizemore)

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you don't really need to see my roster, but I'll give you a run down anyway...

5th pick ...

(-1 for batter K's, 1.5 for SB, 1/2 for BB, and pretty standard after that)
(SP are the same as RP, except 9 for the W, and 4 for QS, 2 for CG and 8 for SO)
(start real DH's 15 games last year or 10 this year to gain eligibility and our U spot must be a multi-positional player)
(or you can start a 2nd catcher in place of a DH)

C - Brian McCann (7th) -- own him everywhere, I think he'll end up top 3 at least
1B - Brandon Moss (12th) -- I took a hit at 1st again, I always just wait and wait, ...we'll see
2B -
3B - Aramis Ramirez (10th) -- took him over Arenado... stay healthy ARam!
SS - JJ Hardy (8th) -- was thrilled to grab this 20 HR guarantee
MI -
CI - Trevor Plouffe (13th) -- with Sano out for the season, my soft spot in Plouffe stays alive)
OF - Jay Bruce (6th) -- did not expect him to fall this far
OF - Billy Hamilton (9th) -- I usually hate having same team players, but Bruce was a surprise
OF - A.J. Pollock (15th) -- my sleeper of the year is on all my teams, like McCann
OF -
DH - Victor Martinez (4th) -- the first hitter I drafted, I expect a big year
UT - Anthony Rendon (14th) -- gives me options to fill out my roster, as he can go to 2nd or MI, I can put Moss here (he's 1B/OF) and draft another 1B (Howard?) if need be.

SP - Clayton Kershaw (1st) -- hope his Australia game is a 5 inn. warm up, we're not using those games
SP - Max Scherzer (2nd) -- 21-3 might be hard to repeat, but his stuff is real and nasty, me likey
SP - Adam Wainwright (3rd) -- if my plan doesn't work out, one of these three are easy trade bait
SP - Andrew Cashner (11th) -- five SP off my queue board during this round, saved one
SP - Yordano Ventura (16th) -- just picked him.. over Nova and Lincecum (who were on my queue)
RP - Kenley Jansen (5th) -- after Kimbrel and Chapman, but would have taken him as the 1st RP anyway
RP -

we get seven bench spots as well... yes, I have weak hitting, but I think I can get by if my aces produce

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there goes Axford and Jones...

guess I shouldn't have taken Ventura and went closer there!

:)

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha, sorry boys, didn't think it would move this quickly this morning...

Street is there too, but I think I'm intrigued with Soria...

we'll see

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
slow draft going on... 15 team, points league, round 17 approaching and I'm going to get my second closer.

criteria to think about: 6 pt saves, -3 pt blown saves, 1 pt per k, 1/2 pt per inning... -3 loss, 6 pt blown save-bullshit win. Also, must draft two RP, and can only roster two (unless injury), so no handcuffs here, just a free for all on waivers when shit happens...

John Axford - so all that pitch tipping talk and his remained K-rate keeps him in the mix
Nate Jones - should be able to stay ahead of Lindstrom, and I like that K-rate, but no "experience"
Joakim Soria - seems to be the forgotten man, and could be the sneaky guy I'm looking for
Neftali Feliz - meh, see above... arm troubles his whole career

Other? -- they would have to be ranked very low, or one of your DEEP sleepers (which I guess would make me hold off until round 20 -- we must fill our roster before drafting our reserves)

the only other positions I need filling are two MI's (looking at Rutledge, Weeks, Uggla, Rollins, Dee G, and Brian Roberts), and my 4th OF (not much left on the scrap heap, might take a shot on Grady Sizemore)

With your rotation you can take a risk with any Closer, so i would not be in any rush to get one... I would go offense MI, take Dee gordon or wong as a sleeper, there values can be much higher than their draft pick...
Not sure the OF not taken, but maybe it is time to take one of the 3 big prospects(polanco,tavarez, Springer)

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice grab on Ventura! I'm betting you won't regret that one!!!!

Feliz got to 94 his last outing...his velocity last thing Washington was waiting to see I believe. Street struck out 2 in his first outing I think (I read shit and forget an hour later) but I remember thinking hmmm...maybe he'll be ready.
I'd take both over Soria, but shit happens fast with closers. I'm betting someone not in anyone's top 30 becomes a top 10 option due to injury or demotion.
My guesses: Clippard, Santos, Allen... heck could be Hembree, Gausman :)

I like your team btw!!!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With your rotation you can take a risk with any Closer, so i would not be in any rush to get one... I would go offense

I agreed with this... MI just seems to have about 10 options about the same right now... I took a chance and went with a man named Grady!

(not feeling the prospects yet -- I'm thinking Polanco for my bench though, I think he'll be up sooner)

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha, sorry boys, didn't think it would move this quickly this morning...

Street is there too, but I think I'm intrigued with Soria...

we'll see

I think Soria is pretty likely to close for TX. Thought Scheppers would win the job, but I think they might try him in the rotation.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ended up filling my roster out with Grady Sizemore, Dan Uggla, Huston Street and Mark Reynolds. (moved Rendon to MI and Moss to Util), and bench spots with Michael Choice, Danny Espinosa, yIkes Davis and Drew Hutchinson

final three spots are added one a day... I added C.J. Cron today (hoping he Trumbos his way into the lineup and fills my 1B spot)

two to go.. may looks at some arms, although Gregory Polanco is still there and I don't think I can resist, actually, I am not going to resist.

arms I'm looking at for the last spot... Roark/Jordan, McAllister, Gausman and a few other streamers (so I might just keep going hitters)

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am now officially kicking myself for drafting Scherzer over King Felix. Waiting on Kershaw would be much easier had I not over thought Felix's "career innings count", and maybe had dreamy eyes for Scherzer's 20+ wins.

It's early, someone cheer me up.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am now officially kicking myself for drafting Scherzer over King Felix. Waiting on Kershaw would be much easier had I not over thought Felix's "career innings count", and maybe had dreamy eyes for Scherzer's 20+ wins.

It's early, someone cheer me up.

Searching that phrase on google images yielded this:

images

And this:

images