• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners - Steelers

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did everything we could to make it an ugly win
3 and 0 Baby!!!! 3 and 0

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win like this may be an indication that SF truly does have a team that can compete. To do almost everything in your power to give the undermanned opponent a victory, and still pull it out says something.
Agreed. You can't always play well but if you win when you play poorly, that's a big plus and the 49ers have done that twice already. They're becoming a team that finds a way to win instead of finding a way to lose.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did everything we could to make it an ugly win
3 and 0 Baby!!!! 3 and 0
Better not play like this against Cleveland. I see tonight that all 4 of Cleveland's starting DBs are out tonight. Hopefully that is still the case in two weeks. Garoppolo got slammed around pretty good today. They better clean that up or he won't last the season. To his credit though he hung in there pretty well.
Skule didn't look too bad at Left Tackle until his 3 drive killing penalties in the 4th quarter nearly cost them the game. He did better than I expected.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still can't figure out what Garoppolo was seeing on that winning TD pass to Pettis. He was triple covered but he sneaked it in there somehow. I just don't like His judgement sometimes. Watching replays of it, it looks worse every time.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still can't figure out what Garoppolo was seeing on that winning TD pass to Pettis. He was triple covered but he sneaked it in there somehow. I just don't like His judgement sometimes. Watching replays of it, it looks worse every time.

Congrats on the W!

49ers tried their best to give to PIT, but they didn't want to take it.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on the W!

49ers tried their best to give to PIT, but they didn't want to take it.
Agreed. From what I saw, its going to be a long season for the Steelers.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. From what I saw, its going to be a long season for the Steelers.

I mostly agree, but that's what happens when you put a 1st yr starter behind center in his 1st game...fortunate the DIV looks rather weak overall so maybe they will win their share I suppose.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mostly agree, but that's what happens when you put a 1st yr starter behind center in his 1st game...fortunate the DIV looks rather weak overall so maybe they will win their share I suppose.
I don't know; if you get 5 turnovers and can't win that's pretty bad.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know; if you get 5 turnovers and can't win that's pretty bad.

Well, that's very true...+3 in the turnover dept and lose the game is probably not a record or anything. If the QB had 10 starts under his belt, I would be more concerned...with only one, I have to assume he'll get better.

In the meantime, call it like I see it...they sucked on OFC yesterday and deserved the loss.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rudolph did some nice things and he has a good O-Line which should help as the season wears on. I think they have at least two wins in the division against Cincinnati and I think they can get one against the Browns.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's very true...+3 in the turnover dept and lose the game is probably not a record or anything. If the QB had 10 starts under his belt, I would be more concerned...with only one, I have to assume he'll get better.

In the meantime, call it like I see it...they sucked on OFC yesterday and deserved the loss.
The critical play was the defensive holding play on an incomplete pass on third and goal from the 14. That allowed the drive to stay alive and the winning TD to be scored. That stuff just cannot happen.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The critical play was the defensive holding play on an incomplete pass on third and goal from the 14. That allowed the drive to stay alive and the winning TD to be scored. That stuff just cannot happen.

Yeah...on that drive for sure. But worse case, they were going to get a fairly short FG attempt to tie the game.

I think more critical than that was Connor fumbling the ball back to SF. That put a tired DEF back right out there.

I was saying with my buddy watching the game...the turnovers were the equalizer for PIT...SF would've run up 500+ yds in this game if not for the turnovers.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...on that drive for sure. But worse case, they were going to get a fairly short FG attempt to tie the game.

I think more critical than that was Connor fumbling the ball back to SF. That put a tired DEF back right out there.

I was saying with my buddy watching the game...the turnovers were the equalizer for PIT...SF would've run up 500+ yds in this game if not for the turnovers.
Agreed. Without those TOs its probably a 37 - 7 game. I always admired the Steelers for their continuity and ability to find good players but you can only lose so much firepower and still remain effective.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yeah, i'm almost ready to say Garapollo won't be a top tier or "elite" NFL QB.... almost. Not complaining mind you because it isn't easy to obtain one. We could do a lot worse than JG plus we only gave up a 2nd rounder for him.

But regarding his judgement, seems ok but not "Tier 1".

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, i'm almost ready to say Garapollo won't be a top tier or "elite" NFL QB.... almost. Not complaining mind you because it isn't easy to obtain one. We could do a lot worse than JG plus we only gave up a 2nd rounder for him.

Define 'elite.'

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think I noticed right away during his win streak in 2017 that he threw a lot of balls up for grabs hoping his guy would get it. It seemed to work a lot more often than it didn't so I kind of disregarded it but it really stood out in season two for him. As you said though, we could do a lot worse. If he could lean to limit his mistakes he could be tier 1.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Define 'elite.'
Tom Brady, Pat Mahomes, Drew Brees. So far I'm satisfied with Garoppolo. he's doing it with nobodies. No non 49er fan can name a 49er wide receiver or running back.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tom Brady, Pat Mahomes, Drew Brees. So far I'm satisfied with Garoppolo. he's doing it with nobodies. No non 49er fan can name a 49er wide receiver or running back.

Yeah, this looks like a good definition of 'elite'.

Yeah, not complaining about JG either, we could do much worse. But judgement was mentioned and sometimes you do question it? Not a lot mind you, but sometimes.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this looks like a good definition of 'elite'.

Yeah, not complaining about JG either, we could do much worse. But judgement was mentioned and sometimes you do question it? Not a lot mind you, but sometimes.
Yes, I certainly do.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers GM Lynch 'proud' of Jimmy G's game vs. Steelers
Well John, You can be proud all you want but if he keeps getting up looking out his ear hole like he did numerous times against Pittsburgh, he's going to be on the sidelines again. Better to figure out a way to protect him rather than marvel at his toughness.