• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners - Steelers

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one should be an easy pick but I've been with the Niners long enough to know that nothing comes easy for this team. Something seems different about this group though.

With no Big Ben, no Antonio Brown, no Leveon Bell and a gimpy James Conner I like the 49ers' chances. Sherman should be able to neutralize Schuster and the D should be able to get after the young Pittsburgh QB and rattle him although Pitt has a solid O line.
I'm concerned about the Pittsburgh front seven and Skule covering Garoppolo's backside though. Garoppolo gets rattled easily when he's pressured and if Skule can't hold up it could be a problem.
The Niners are the more talented team (wow, been a long time since we've been able to say that) and they should be fired up for their home opener. With no pick sixes or defensive TDs for Pittsburgh, I have
49ers - 31
Steelers - 16

DurbanPoison2121

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one should be an easy pick but I've been with the Niners long enough to know that nothing comes easy for this team. Something seems different about this group though.

With no Big Ben, no Antonio Brown, no Leveon Bell and a gimpy James Conner I like the 49ers' chances. Sherman should be able to neutralize Schuster and the D should be able to get after the young Pittsburgh QB and rattle him although Pitt has a solid O line.
I'm concerned about the Pittsburgh front seven and Skule covering Garoppolo's backside though. Garoppolo gets rattled easily when he's pressured and if Skule can't hold up it could be a problem.
The Niners are the more talented team (wow, been a long time since we've been able to say that) and they should be fired up for their home opener. With no pick sixes or defensive TDs for Pittsburgh, I have
49ers - 31
Steelers - 16

In order to win, we need to stuff the run and force this young QB to throw against a blitzing defense. Our CB can play well in press coverage and if we are sending people at the QB, this can be a relatively easy one defensively. Offensively, we have to run the FOCK out of the ball and pass through play action. Juice needs to help chip the rusher on Skule's side and we should look to bootleg away from LT position. This game is seriously beyond winnable.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order to win, we need to stuff the run and force this young QB to throw against a blitzing defense. Our CB can play well in press coverage and if we are sending people at the QB, this can be a relatively easy one defensively. Offensively, we have to run the FOCK out of the ball and pass through play action. Juice needs to help chip the rusher on Skule's side and we should look to bootleg away from LT position. This game is seriously beyond winnable.
Agreed with all.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

49ers - 31
Steelers - 16

Skule is a concern. He looked bad in preseason pass protection. I actually thought Brunskill looked better then Skule but the coaches know better than me. My concern is the 49ers come home complacent after going 2-0 on the road. They need to keep the peddle to the floor

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skule is a concern. He looked bad in preseason pass protection. I actually thought Brunskill looked better then Skule but the coaches know better than me. My concern is the 49ers come home complacent after going 2-0 on the road. They need to keep the peddle to the floor
We think the same

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

49ers - 31
Steelers - 16

Vegas has this as a fairly comfortable win for SF...-6.5 is the last number I saw.

I think SF will win also, but this could be a much closer game than your projected score. I watched the SF @ CIN game and they really dominated the LOS in that one.

Steeler front 7 is better than CIN imo, it will be interesting to see if they can control SF run game...if they can this might be a one pos game in the 4Q...Rudolph is not Ben of course, but a good OL, and run game (Samuels is not much drop off from Conner imo)...PIT might hang around longer than you think, or they can get behind early and be every bit the game you thought.

That’s why they play the games... right?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas has this as a fairly comfortable win for SF...-6.5 is the last number I saw.

I think SF will win also, but this could be a much closer game than your projected score. I watched the SF @ CIN game and they really dominated the LOS in that one.

Steeler front 7 is better than CIN imo, it will be interesting to see if they can control SF run game...if they can this might be a one pos game in the 4Q...Rudolph is not Ben of course, but a good OL, and run game (Samuels is not much drop off from Conner imo)...PIT might hang around longer than you think, or they can get behind early and be every bit the game you thought.

Agreed. Hence the first sentence of my post that you quoted. Its below.
""This one should be an easy pick but I've been with the Niners long enough to know that nothing comes easy for this team.""

Last edited:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Hence the first sentence of my post that you quoted. Its below.
""This one should be an easy pick but I've been with the Niners long enough to know that nothing comes easy for this team.""

But...working in SF favor is PIT on the West Coast under Tomlin has been bad.

If I were a betting man I'd probably take SF and give the points...fortunately I'm not much of a betting man anymore.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But...working in SF favor is PIT on the West Coast under Tomlin has been bad.

If I were a betting man I'd probably take SF and give the points...fortunately I'm not much of a betting man anymore.
I like the 49ers chances. If Staley being out causes Garoppolo to get knocked out of the game then its a toss up. But right now I like No Staley over no Big Ben and a gimpy Conner at home in California.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never get overconfident these days after what we've been through the past several seasons. I did enjoy listening to Tomlin's press interview that was played on local radio yesterday. He was asked about the 49ers. He really does a good job of pumping up opponents, lol. He was talking like the 49ers are as good as the Patriots, lol

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! Not the start we needed. Brieda fucked that up

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good defensive stand after the turnover. Held em to 3

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we did say the only way the 49ers could lose this one is with a bunch of turnovers and they are right on cue on the first drive.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the 49ers fumble again on the second drive killing the drive

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2