• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners prefer Witner over Brown

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There's no such thing. Unless you actually know Trent Baalke. None of us know what he's going to do.

But signing players or a player to a 1-year contract isn't exactly fantasy world stuff.

But we know what Baalke is NOT going to do which is Madden-esque trades/free agent signings.

It is a fantasy to think it's possible to sign outgoing FAs to only one year deals unless they have serious legal/injury/performance problems. One year deals are never used to just keep players around. If anything, they are a good tool for bringing new players into the fold. I'm 100% sure Baalke isn't going to approach Tarrell Brown in this manner. That's not how a team negotiates with players that have been part of the organization for some time. They may not want him anymore, but they definitely won't disrespect him with a one year offer. You address any concerns with less guaranteed money and more incentives, not one year contracts.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
But we know what Baalke is NOT going to do which is Madden-esque trades/free agent signings.

It is a fantasy to think it's possible to sign outgoing FAs to only one year deals unless they have serious legal/injury/performance problems. One year deals are never used to just keep players around. If anything, they are a good tool for bringing new players into the fold. I'm 100% sure Baalke isn't going to approach Tarrell Brown in this manner.

No you're not. Some deals that aren't even 1-year deals turn out to be 1-year deals after all based on how they're structured. You don't know all the details of the offer Baalke made to Brown.

Fortunately Brown rejected an offer from the Niners anyway.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No you're not. Some deals that aren't even 1-year deals turn out to be 1-year deals after all based on how they're structured. You don't know all the details of the offer Baalke made to Brown.

Fortunately Brown rejected an offer from the Niners anyway.

I definitely know more than you do in this case. Probably because I understand it's real life while you think it is like Madden.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I definitely know more than you do in this case. Probably because I understand it's real life while you think it is like Madden.

Constantly ending sentences with "you think it's like Madden" doesn't mean you have any point whatsoever. Unless you're Brown's agent you don't know shit about it. The offer was 4 years, 14 million, but you don't know the details of the offer. And he rejected it anyway. And a better CB than he (Rogers-Cromartie) accepted a 1-year deal last offseason; and he was 3 years younger than Tarrell Brown is now! So you can forget this dumbass notion that 1-year contracts are a "Madden" kind of phenomenon.

Now go away unless you actually have something to add to the conversation besides "you think it's like Madden."

...For the record, I haven't played Madden since the mid 90's.

Last edited by a moderator:

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Constantly ending sentences with "you think it's like Madden" doesn't mean you have any point whatsoever. Unless you're Brown's agent you don't know shit about it. The offer was 4 years, 14 million, but you don't know the details of the offer. And he rejected it anyway. And a better CB than he (Rogers-Cromartie) accepted a 1-year deal last offseason; and he was 3 years younger than Tarrell Brown is now! So you can forget this dumbass notion that 1-year contracts are a "Madden" kind of phenomenon.

Now go away unless you actually have something to add to the conversation besides "you think it's like Madden."

...For the record, I haven't played Madden since the mid 90's.

You think I'm the only poster that has recently compared your ridiculous statements to a certain game called Madden? It's just a figure of speech. The basic premise is that you treat everything like it's a video game. You show zero ounce of understanding that there's a human element to this sport.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You think I'm the only poster that has recently compared your ridiculous statements to a certain game called Madden? It's just a figure of speech. The basic premise is that you treat everything like it's a video game. You show zero ounce of understanding that there's a human element to this sport.

And suggesting Baalke offer a 1-year contract is your example of video-game like management? :bullshit:

You said it in the other thread, and it's so typical it's almost cliche'. You're butt-hurt because I made negative comments about the QB you like. Period.

Why do people go all Kill Bill when it comes to quarterbacks? That above anything else. People get more butt hurt over QBs than negative comments about the entire team or any of the other position players combined. What is it about the guy with his hand on the center's taint that makes people so cuckoo? :noidea:

Kaepernick's a dummy. A big, dumb, drooling retard. The truth hurts. Don't take it out on me.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And suggesting Baalke offer a 1-year contract is your example of video-game like management? :bullshit:

You said it in the other thread, and it's so typical it's almost cliche'. You're butt-hurt because I made negative comments about the QB you like. Period.

Why do people go all Kill Bill when it comes to quarterbacks? That above anything else. People get more butt hurt over QBs than negative comments about the entire team or any of the other position players combined. What is it about the guy with his hand on the center's taint that makes people so cuckoo? :noidea:

Kaepernick's a dummy. A big, dumb, drooling retard. The truth hurts. Don't take it out on me.

Lol I'm butthurt? You are the one calling a player "DumbDumb" after he made some mistakes. That makes you sound like an upset little kid. Hence, my earlier statements saying your statements are making me feel dumb. I'd rather hear more intelligent remarks from people who will refer him by his name instead of those who resort to calling names. I remember as a kid calling Steve Young dumb after watching him continuously lose to the Packers in the 90s. Maybe you feel the same way about Kap?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You forgot "rich" and "famous".

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least those are actual facts. "Dumb, drooling, retard" sounds like something kids say on the playground.

Ya, I'm not a huge fan of the way Kaepernick conducts himself or his limited game but I can't say he is any of what Sickness called him.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The pillow of his head is so freaking weird. How do you even think to ask someone for a print like that? Imagine how awkward it would be if someone was gonna crash on his couch!

Kap: "Yo dawg, I got a pillow for you; you want a pillow of my head with or without a helmet?"

He probably gives out these pillows as stocking stuffers to his friends.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

It is a fantasy to think it's possible to sign outgoing FAs to only one year deals unless they have serious legal/injury/performance problems. One year deals are never used to just keep players around. If anything, they are a good tool for bringing new players into the fold. I'm 100% sure Baalke isn't going to approach Tarrell Brown in this manner. That's not how a team negotiates with players that have been part of the organization for some time. They may not want him anymore, but they definitely won't disrespect him with a one year offer. You address any concerns with less guaranteed money and more incentives, not one year contracts.

I don't know if that's truly the case in today's NFL. Look at Goldson two years ago. Or Michael Bennett for the Hawks last year (granted he had some injury concerns). I was thinking about this just yesterday. The FA pass rusher market is flush this year, for example. Cap space isn't increasing much. Several teams will roll over substantial cap space, but not a whole lot of them. It's entirely possible that several of these guys will not get the deals they are looking for, and will agree to one-year deals. I could definitely see something like that happening with Brown (don't know offhand what the FA CB market looks like), though he's pushing 30, so he may prefer the security of a long term deal. In that case, though, there's a decent chance he could end up back on our roster for basically the contract we reportedly offered him during the year.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't know if that's truly the case in today's NFL. Look at Goldson two years ago. Or Michael Bennett for the Hawks last year (granted he had some injury concerns). I was thinking about this just yesterday. The FA pass rusher market is flush this year, for example. Cap space isn't increasing much. Several teams will roll over substantial cap space, but not a whole lot of them. It's entirely possible that several of these guys will not get the deals they are looking for, and will agree to one-year deals. I could definitely see something like that happening with Brown (don't know offhand what the FA CB market looks like), though he's pushing 30, so he may prefer the security of a long term deal. In that case, though, there's a decent chance he could end up back on our roster for basically the contract we reportedly offered him during the year.

You make some good points. When I said outgoing FAs, I meant players currently on your roster that will become FAs as soon as the new NFL year starts. Hawks signed Bennett from the Bucs I believe. Also, I wasn't talking about franchise tags (Goldson) either. But I guess fundamentally there isn't that much of a difference b/w that and a 1 yr deal. Except I believe the guaranteed money might be higher in a franchise tag contract and it's a means to continue extension talks.