• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners prefer Witner over Brown

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late 1st to 2nd rd CB's

CB- Verrett from TCU
CB- Purifoy from Florida
CB- Roby from OSU
CB- Stanley Jean Baptiste
CB- kyle Fuller from VT

I would be happy with any of these CBs in the 2nd rd.

Question: Would u want 49ers to trade up and grab Darqueze Dennard?

Im ok with a Trade up to grab Dennard, WR Watkins or WR Mike Evans.

Dennard might be available in the mid 20s so trading up for him won't cost the Niners much. If the Niners feel he is their CB of the future, then trade up for him. Trading up for Watkins will cost the Niners the farm and some, so I think it's out of the question. I would rather have the Niners resign Boldin, select a CB in the first round and possibly trade up in the 2nd round and select Matthews.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My draft crush is Mike Evans. I think this kid is going to be a stud. I agree Watkins would cost us a lot.

Evans would cost almost as much. He will be pick 10-12 where Watkins is 5-8.

I guess our best bang for our buck would to trade up for Dennard because u are right it wouldn't cost as much. We would have to maybe just give up 1 of our 2nd rd picks to move up to grab him. The problem is if he moves up in that 10-16 range then he would cost us a lot. Lets hope he stays in that 18-23 range.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My draft crush is Mike Evans. I think this kid is going to be a stud. I agree Watkins would cost us a lot.

I guess our best bang for our buck would to trade up for Dennard because u are right it wouldn't cost as much. We would have to maybe just give up 1 of our 2nd rd picks to move up to grab him. The problem is if he moves up in that 10-16 range then he would cost us a lot. Lets hope he stays in that 18-23 range.

It also depends on how the other CBs do in the combine. Some teams become enamored with certain players because of their perfomances on the combine. I also like Evans because of his height and physicality. It looks as though the Lions, Steelers and Ravens will probably be drafting a WR. Lions need someone opposite Johnson. The Steelers need help on defense, but might draft a WR because they lost Wallace last year. Ravens definitely need a WR as evident to their offensive struggles. I saw one mock draft where the Niners traded with the Cowboys and selected Evans. I don't know how much the Niners gave up though.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Evans as well but there is not a chance he will be available by the time the 49ers' pick comes around.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also depends on how the other CBs do in the combine. Some teams become enamored with certain players because of their perfomances on the combine. I also like Evans because of his height and physicality. It looks as though the Lions, Steelers and Ravens will probably be drafting a WR. Lions need someone opposite Johnson. The Steelers need help on defense, but might draft a WR because they lost Wallace last year. Ravens definitely need a WR as evident to their offensive struggles. I saw one mock draft where the Niners traded with the Cowboys and selected Evans. I don't know how much the Niners gave up though.

Lions need defensive help and they can't ignore it once again...

I thought Dunham or Durham, whatever its spelled, he's a 6'6 WR and I thought he played well with Stafford.... they can add a WR in rd 2 should they feel so or pick one up FA...

but either LB or Secondary they need to upgrade ASAP

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the feeling we are gonna tag Whitner and draft and groom his replacement for 2015.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes I don't know why Im saying adams. Its starting to piss me off. LOL

I Disagree. I think he gave us 2 very good years. He was bad last year and so so this year. I do agree we better cut him.

I think we agree on this??? He's only been here 3 years. 1st year he was very good. And I agree that he's been bad and so so last couple of years.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I got to step in on this one. Rogers in his first yr with us played exceptional n created interceptions

Definitely agree. I wasn't real clear in my post I dont think though.

The one year signing of Rogers is perfectly fine and it worked out great. If the CB is older, no biggy giving him a 1 yr deal.

My biggest problem was giving rogers the contract extension when he was 29 or 30 years old. We gave him a pretty big deal and its pretty clear that CB's start to drop off that time of their lives. This is the #1 reason why I dont want to resign Brown. I think its a somewhat similar situation, although he wouldn't be as costly.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The only possible way I'd want SF to sign Tarrell Brown is of he signed a 1-year deal. Those 1-year deals are going to be the secret to success in the NFL IMO; gets the most out of players.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The only possible way I'd want SF to sign Tarrell Brown is of he signed a 1-year deal. Those 1-year deals are going to be the secret to success in the NFL IMO; gets the most out of players.

The only guys that get the one year deals are typical dudes with injury concerns. There are plenty of dummies in organizations what will dole out multi year contracts to players because they are A) Stupid B) Know they can just cut a guy with little problems if it doesn't work out.

I think the secret to our success is going to be what we did in this past draft and get multiple picks and use some of those picks to roll the dice on players with injury concerns.

Tank and Lattimore were early 1st round picks if healthy and if they bounce back strong we have them at absolute bargains.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

You don't think all the GMs know this? To apply this philosophy in real life is very tough. No wonder people around here say you think fixing a team in the NFL is like Madden.

Last edited by a moderator:

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ok so you're just being a dick for no apparent reason. Got it.

No, I'm honestly not trying to be a dick. I just feel like you're not taking into account how hard it actually is to implement some of your philosophies. Your ideas about cutting, signing or trading players are generally sound, but things don't always work that way in the real world. I'm sure you have thought things all the way through, but it's not how see it when I read certain posts of yours.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
No, I'm honestly not trying to be a dick. I just feel like you're not taking into account how hard it actually is to implement some of your philosophies. Your ideas about cutting, signing or trading players are generally sound, but things don't always work that way in the real world. I'm sure you have thought things all the way through, but it's not how see it when I read certain posts of yours.

When did I ever say any of this stuff is going to work out in the real world? I don't expect the 49ers to run the team by my philosophies. This is a message forum.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
When did I ever say any of this stuff is going to work out in the real world? I don't expect the 49ers to run the team by my philosophies. This is a message forum.

Again, I never said you said anything. I was only commenting on how I view some of your posts. Maybe I expect some semblance of realism when I read peoples' thoughts on this board. Obviously, I can't control how you post. But I will continue to comment as I see fit.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Again, I never said you said anything. I was only commenting on how I view some of your posts. Maybe I expect some semblance of realism when I read peoples' thoughts on this board

There's no such thing. Unless you actually know Trent Baalke. None of us know what he's going to do.

But signing players or a player to a 1-year contract isn't exactly fantasy world stuff.