• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners - Eagles

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So lucky there. Play clock expired before the Garoppolo sneak. Refs missed it somehow. This team is so poorly coached

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was that a late hit on Ward? Hurts had not touched out of bounds yet when Ward hit him.
Never should have got out there in the first place. How can the Niners d lineman not know about containment? Every high school lineman knows about outside containment

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-0 start to a season in which your first 2 games are on the Road and across country; you'll take that as a promising start to any season no matter how pretty or ugly the wins were.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2-0 start to a season in which your first 2 games are on the Road and across country; you'll take that as a promising start to any season no matter how pretty or ugly the wins were.
Agreed, But boy, do we lack discipline and composure. Lucky we were playing two bad teams. Wins are wins but if we play like that against GB and Seattle, we will quickly be 2 and 2.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, But boy, do we lack discipline and composure. Lucky we were playing two bad teams. Wins are wins but if we play like that against GB and Seattle, we will quickly be 2 and 2.
We'll see on Green Bay tomorrow. They looked pretty terrible last week. That might be a team in turmoil that has just giving up.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see on Green Bay tomorrow. They looked pretty terrible last week. That might be a team in turmoil that has just giving up.
I doubt it. The good thing about playing GB is that they like to play man coverage which makes it easier for the QB to know where to go with the ball. Even Kaepernick had big games against them

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These were the grades from CSN Bay Area:

My grades:
Rushing Offense: C Too many fumbles and poor blocking. Sermon really looked explosive on his one carry despite the final (there's hope)
Passing Offense: B Garoppolo had to make up for the poor running attack . Great leadership
Rushing Defense: D- Horrendous failure to play containment and constantly let the QB or RB get outside. Complete lack of discipline
Passing Defense: A- Other than two bullshit penalties on Norman and the big one Lenoir gave up, they held up well
Special Teams: A Great block on the field goal and outstanding punting and coverage kept the Eagles in poor field position
Coaching: D Shanahan has got to get control of these players. The lack of understanding pass rush lanes and backside containment is unbelievable and it continually happens
Overall: B-

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Very encouraging to see 3 O-linemen that graded high. Its expected of T. Williams but not Tomlinson, and certainly not McGlichey, good job McGlinchey!

Below are Pro Football Focus' five highest-graded 49ers players on offense against the Eagles.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I doubt it. The good thing about playing GB is that they like to play man coverage which makes it easier for the QB to know where to go with the ball. Even Kaepernick had big games against them
I saw on TV that Green Bay's run D isn't good? IF so, thats exactly what we need, an effective run game. It 'controls the clock' and makes play action effective.

I would think Lance plays again.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No question!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My 37-34 offensive battle sure turned out wrong
I was closer but STILL too high?! Yep, bookies made money again.

The first thing that comes to mind is scoring based on Sunday, but since Bookies always stay in business, likely a lower scoring game? Poor reasoning i know, but i'll go with it anyway. :-)

49ers 26
Eagles 20

The 49er defense will tighten up against the run and not allow a 100 yard RB. Give up the short passes and make them earn every yard.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw on TV that Green Bay's run D isn't good? IF so, thats exactly what we need, an effective run game. It 'controls the clock' and makes play action effective.

I would think Lance plays again.
We'll have to watch and see how their run D looks tonight against Detroit I wonder if Sermon will be able to play on Sunday. That run he had where he fumbled, he looked really explosive.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I expect Green Bay to look GOOD, but they're on Monday night and then have to travel to SJ.

The 49ers have some injuries but don't think enough to make it an excuse. Just don't turn it over and it should be a good game next week.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Green Bay to look GOOD, but they're on Monday night and then have to travel to SJ.

The 49ers have some injuries but don't think enough to make it an excuse. Just don't turn it over and it should be a good game next week.
They look mediocre so far but they will definitely come out throwing against us because of our weakness at Corner. Problem for them though is their pass protection. Got some new guys on the O line.