• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners - Cryboys

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! 23-7 should have been 33 to 7 except for the ultra conservative offense.
Once again... Shanahan is awful. We should fire him. He definitely should have had Jimmy throwing the ball more in that game... for sure. That's what we needed.

Do you ever get tired of this ridiculous online persona you've developed?

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 thing ive noticed about Kyle is that he can go inexplicably away from what is working for him at times later in ballgames.

did it in Washington too, usually with an effective running game, that for whatever reason in his head (he often said... game script called for it - it didnt-and only begrudgingly took responsibility for these variations to passing way more...)

e.g. Falcons loss against the Patriots in the SB

McVay does the same exact thing at times. Strange but a pattern ive seen since he as our OC. don't get me wrong I think hes an excellent coach, he just has flaws. his people skills and ego being another.

one thing ill Gove him, NO-ONE scripts the first 10-15 plays better than him
Yeah... he's pretty good at game planning. In-game decisions can be odd from time to time, for sure.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why did TW even have to shift over to the right side? Was that supposed to fool Dallas?

In that scenario, Shanahan could only call a QB sneak.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did TW even have to shift over to the right side? Was that supposed to fool Dallas?

Interesting, when did that happen during the game? I didn't notice it and am curious.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah... just think the shift was designed to force a last second D-line adjustment. An added wrinkle that they wouldn't have seen to provide a small edge. Jimmy rushed it, unfortunately. They did get the line to shift towards TW. Could definitely argue that they made it unnecessarily complicated.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting, when did that happen during the game? I didn't notice it and am curious.
It was on the "would've sealed the game" QB sneak play where Grop snapped the ball too early.

Prior to the snap, TW shifted over to the RT position, but Grop snapped the ball before TW was fully set. So instead of a successful sneak play and the end of the game, there was a flag and a punt.

Like deep, I don't really know what the shift was supposed to accomplish, as everyone and their grandmother knew it was going to be a sneak behind center and/or LG.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
awesome, just awesome

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th and inches play that would have sealed the game. They got penalized 5 yards for Williams not being set. Garoppolo rushed the sneak. It was successful but called back for that penalty.
Another one of those simple plays where Shanahan out-smarted himself by having them do something dumb. Then he threw Garoppolo under the bus in his interview.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th and inches play that would have sealed the game. They got penalized 5 yards for Williams not being set. Garoppolo rushed the sneak. It was successful but called back for that penalty.
Another one of those simple plays where Shanahan out-smarted himself by having them do something dumb. Then he threw Garoppolo under the bus in his interview.
seems like it would be more on JG and his execution or lack there of with the snap to me. didn't see Kyles comments on the play but did he actually throw the blame on JG? not a good look if he threw him under the bus but holding him accountable is not exactly wrong either

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems like it would be more on JG and his execution or lack there of with the snap to me. didn't see Kyles comments on the play but did he actually throw the blame on JG? not a good look if he threw him under the bus but holding him accountable is not exactly wrong either
Point taken but the over thinking of the play was what killed them. The only QB in the league more successful on QB sneaks than Garoppolo is Brady
The play should have been executed by Garoppolo and quite frankly it was, executed but called back for a penalty which had nothing to do with the play. Why is your left tackle switching over to the right side of the line when everyone in the stadium knew the play was going to be a sneak up the middle. It makes no sense and Shanahan does this time after time. He is so in love with himself as a play caller that he over engineers the simplest of plays

Last edited: