• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners - Cryboys

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait for this one but its starting to piss me off with all the clowns at ESPN trying to fire the Cowboys up with bulletin board material saying the 49ers will end their season and "the Cowboys are one and done" or "the 49ers will out-physical the Cowboys". You know they want the Cowboys to win.

I think the 49ers can play with them as long as Garoppolo takes care of the ball. I think the 49ers are hot and the 49ers have as much talent as the Cowboys. But the biggest advantage the 49ers have is the buffoon that coaches the Cowboys.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can't wait for this one but its starting to piss me off with all the clowns at ESPN trying to fire the Cowboys up with bulletin board material saying the 49ers will end their season and "the Cowboys are one and done" or "the 49ers will out-physical the Cowboys". You know they want the Cowboys to win.

I think the 49ers can play with them as long as Garoppolo takes care of the ball. I think the 49ers are hot and the 49ers have as much talent as the Cowboys. But the biggest advantage the 49ers have is the buffoon that coaches the Cowboys.
It'll be the same formula we use every winning week..............no mistakes on our part especially turnovers, but also no big penalties.

Next, we need an effective run game so we can stay "physical" with their front 7. They're LB's aren't slouches, so we'll run a little more outside. The passing game will be the passing game, short throws and RACS.

Defensively, not expecting them to run WELL against our front 7. But they'll get their completed passes, just make good tackles in the open field so they earn it. If we can force more field goals, we'll definitely be in the game.

TV people can say whatever they want, its their job to drum up interest. For Cowboy fans, they can say whatever they want too, what they doesn't affect the players. There is no doubt in my mind, Cowboy fans would rather have played the Eagles or even the Rams or Cardinals. ie its their "scared talk".

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners will control the game, but what I am afraid of is the Cowboys ability of the big play and the Niners secondary that gives up big plays. I can vision the Niners put together a couple long sustaining drives controlling line of scrimmage and the clock taking a 10-0, 13-0 or 14-0 lead then botta boom botta bing Cowboys make a couple big plays and it’s 14-10, 14-13 or 14-14. Kinda like the Tennessee game.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off Topic not worthy of a thread.
On the CBS sports page they have the released list of opponents for each team, home and away, What freaked me out is that they have the "Naw" Leans Saints as a home opponent. Hasn't it been like a decade (excluding playoffs) since the Niners have played them at home instead of on the Road? :eek:
If I am wrong them I deserve this :brick:

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas has the Niners as 3, 3.5pt favorites. That surprised me with Dallas being the home team. Since I'm out in east Texas, I might just make teh trip and catch the game live.

The GOOD
Dallas is shaky on the OL and they'll be missing a starting WRs.
The Dallas D is only middle of the pack at stopping the run, so we should have some room.
They're middle of the pack in sacks given up, so our pass rush should have some effect
Cowboys' pass defense is in the bottom third of the league. While they get a lot of turnovers, they give up a lot of passing yards.
Over the past several years in the WC round, the road team tends to win twice as often as the home team

The BAD
Dallas is the #1 offense in the NFL--in both points and yards. They can SCORE.
The Niners struggle against teams with mobile QBs. And Prescott is a mobile QB.
We'd better pray Trent Williams is back at LT b/c the Dallas DL is deep.
Dallas's D will make us dump the ball off, so we have to take care of teh ball and not force it

The stats say that this one will come down to whether the Niners D plays well.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be the same formula we use every winning week..............no mistakes on our part especially turnovers, but also no big penalties.

Next, we need an effective run game so we can stay "physical" with their front 7. They're LB's aren't slouches, so we'll run a little more outside. The passing game will be the passing game, short throws and RACS.

Defensively, not expecting them to run WELL against our front 7. But they'll get their completed passes, just make good tackles in the open field so they earn it. If we can force more field goals, we'll definitely be in the game.

TV people can say whatever they want, its their job to drum up interest. For Cowboy fans, they can say whatever they want too, what they doesn't affect the players. There is no doubt in my mind, Cowboy fans would rather have played the Eagles or even the Rams or Cardinals. ie its their "scared talk".
Well said. Cut out the stupid penalties and Garoppolo has to protect the ball. Just can’t have Shanahan out the shackles on him in order to do that. The D is playing well but they have to do a better job of getting off the field on 3rd down. Can’t get behind against the Cowboys like they did against the Rams

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners will control the game, but what I am afraid of is the Cowboys ability of the big play and the Niners secondary that gives up big plays. I can vision the Niners put together a couple long sustaining drives controlling line of scrimmage and the clock taking a 10-0, 13-0 or 14-0 lead then botta boom botta bing Cowboys make a couple big plays and it’s 14-10, 14-13 or 14-14. Kinda like the Tennessee game.
And Garoppolo must take care of the ball. He must avoid throwing the big pick in this one. They have to take some risks in order to get the big plays they’ll need but no silly turnovers or penalties at inopportune times

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off Topic not worthy of a thread.
On the CBS sports page they have the released list of opponents for each team, home and away, What freaked me out is that they have the "Naw" Leans Saints as a home opponent. Hasn't it been like a decade (excluding playoffs) since the Niners have played them at home instead of on the Road? :eek:
If I am wrong them I deserve this :brick:
Not since the heroic playoff game by Alex Smith I think

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas has the Niners as 3, 3.5pt favorites. That surprised me with Dallas being the home team. Since I'm out in east Texas, I might just make teh trip and catch the game live.

The GOOD
The Dallas D is only middle of the pack at stopping the run, so we should have some room.
They're middle of the pack in sacks given up, so our pass rush should have some effect
Cowboys' pass defense is in the bottom third of the league. While they get a lot of turnovers, they give up a lot of passing yards.
Over the past several years in the WC round, the road team tends to win twice as often as the home team

The BAD
Dallas's D will make us dump the ball off, so we have to take care of teh ball and not force it

Good analysis. I’m surprised the 49ers are favored. But the the Vegas line is not based on who they think will win, it’s based on where they think they can get the same amount of money bet on each time in order to guarantee a profit because of the Vig

If Garoppolo protects the ball and they don’t turn it over it will be a good game. Can’t have Shanahan out bubble wrap on him though. He’s got to allow Garoppolo the opportunity to put up some points

TheLonestarDUCK

Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The GOOD

The BAD

Niners are not the favorites. Most Vegas lines have Dallas -3

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well said. Cut out the stupid penalties and Garoppolo has to protect the ball. Just can’t have Shanahan out the shackles on him in order to do that. The D is playing well but they have to do a better job of getting off the field on 3rd down. Can’t get behind against the Cowboys like they did against the Rams
Why would you think JG isn't going to protect the ball?

Oh yeah, because he can get inconsistent at times.

Shanahan doesn't 'shackle' JG, don't make up stuff.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good analysis. I’m surprised the 49ers are favored. But the the Vegas line is not based on who they think will win, it’s based on where they think they can get the same amount of money bet on each time in order to guarantee a profit because of the Vig

If Garoppolo protects the ball and they don’t turn it over it will be a good game. Can’t have Shanahan out bubble wrap on him though. He’s got to allow Garoppolo the opportunity to put up some points
So Shanahan is purposely "shackling" JG, because Shanahan doesn't want to score points. Uh.....Ok.

Oh yeah, Shanahan purposely waits for the very last drive of the game, then unshackles JG.

TheLonestarDUCK

Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Shanahan is purposely "shackling" JG, because Shanahan doesn't want to score points. Uh.....Ok.

Oh yeah, Shanahan purposely waits for the very last drive of the game, then unshackles JG.
I read it as he means Shanahan plays conservative with JG at times in fear of the turnover.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another interesting nugget for this game is that Dallas leads the league in penalties, specializing in holding, offsides, DPI, and unnecessary roughness. For half the season, the Niners specialized in stupid penalties, so maybe we get lucky and the flags fall on Dallas...

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you think JG isn't going to protect the ball?

Oh yeah, because he can get inconsistent at times.

Shanahan doesn't 'shackle' JG, don't make up stuff.
He has a habit of throwing an INT at inopportune times. You know damn well Shanahan shackles Garoppolo. I won't even dignify that nonsense with examples. When he is forced to take those shackles off Garoppolo because his ridiculous conservatism has gotten the 49ers behind, Garoppolo almost always comes through.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't be a fool. You sound childish and ridiculous with your silly attempt at sarcasm. Anyone that would complain about a QB who has a record of 33-15 when he plays and the team is 8-28 when he doesn't is a fool

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The GOOD

The BAD

Do you understand how to read odds

All I see is Dallas -3

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Correct Vegas odds are made on how they think they can get even money.

Back in the day Vegas shaded the poins against Dallas while Reno shaded the points against SF

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't be a fool. You sound childish and ridiculous with your silly attempt at sarcasm. Anyone that would complain about a QB who has a record of 33-15 when he plays and the team is 8-28 when he doesn't is a fool
When you resort to name calling, you give yourself away. You do that when you know you're wrong and don't have an answer. Your posting speaks for itself, everyone can read it.

The topic was JG being inconsistent this season but while you love him, you can't use facts to show otherwise. So all you can do is fall back to "winning QB". You already know that JG he is inconsistent, had some bad 1st halves, and sometimes throw BAD interceptions. For example, in his last two games, he's thrown 4 INTs.