• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Niners - Chiefs

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After re-watching the entire first half I'm very pleased with what I saw from Garopollo. he rebounded from two bad throws right off the bat to throw some very good passes and he looked much more poised in the pocket than I've seen in a long time.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James and Matthews really showed well yesterday. Samuel played well also. Hurd was a no show again this week.
Brieda looked really good; surprised that Mostert didn't get a ahot at all today. he's been good.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooo.....is JG gonna make the final 53 cut? It sure was laughable reading all the nonsense about him after the Denver game.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James and Matthews really showed well yesterday. Samuel played well also. Hurd was a no show again this week.
Brieda looked really good; surprised that Mostert didn't get a ahot at all today. he's been good.

I think Mostert had some sort of minor injury and they held him out

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to watch the whole game Saturday. Jimmy G looked better, especially as the game went on. His timing was off at the start and was off with his accuracy. Forced a couple of balls that should not have been thrown. As the game went on he looked sharper and a nice game overall. As a frequent critic of Jimmy Ward I have to give him props for Saturday's game. He played surprising well. Brieda looks like a better runner than Coleman. Looks quicker and more decisive. Mullens missed two easy passes early on but he seems to have a good grasp of the offense. I think he has earned the backup role.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mostert had some sort of minor injury and they held him out
What is it the 49ers and injureies? Its absurd.
I was very pleased to see Garopollo look confident back there and I think James and Matthews earned themselves spots.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooo.....is JG gonna make the final 53 cut? It sure was laughable reading all the nonsense about him after the Denver game.
It wasn't just the Denver game, it was looking like shit in all three games last year and the Denver game. I'm looking at it just the opposite as you. Is one good half in an exhibition game enough to make you think he's back to 2017? I have to say though that I liked what I saw on Saturday.

DurbanPoison2121

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dig this team. I have some pretty high hopes and feel as if Shanahan is the best coach we have had since Mariucci based on his ability to get no names to moves the ball down the field. When an offense of UDFA like Breida and Mullens can still put up 20+, this was what I think all of us wanted to see during the Harbaugh years, when we had superior talent.

Now, we have a defense full of talent that needs to play up to their potential and a blossoming offense where the only real weakness lies in its interior OL play...something that has shown to have improved this preseason, despite Richburg being hurt.

DurbanPoison2121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was very pleased to see Garopollo look confident back there and I think James and Matthews earned themselves spots.

In: Pettis, Samuel, Hurd, Goodwin, James, Matthews

PUP: Taylor, Poindexter

Out: Bourne and everyone else

James earns it based on versatility in playing ST. Matthews because of production and Shanahan's hard on for him. Other 4 because of draft status and/or production.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to watch the whole game Saturday. Jimmy G looked better, especially as the game went on. His timing was off at the start and was off with his accuracy. Forced a couple of balls that should not have been thrown. As the game went on he looked sharper and a nice game overall. As a frequent critic of Jimmy Ward I have to give him props for Saturday's game. He played surprising well. Brieda looks like a better runner than Coleman. Looks quicker and more decisive. Mullens missed two easy passes early on but he seems to have a good grasp of the offense. I think he has earned the backup role.
Agree on all. Mullens just missed that wide open bomb to Matthews. That would have been sweet. One edge that Beathard has over Mullens, in my opinion, is the deep ball accuracy.
I'm also pleased that the 49ers' second and third units seem to be better than all the other teams they've played. I'm hopeful that that speaks to some quality depth on this team.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it was a quad. They seem to be babying these players during the preseason. I think they wanted to look at some of the other running backs anyway. Mostert is a probably a lock because of his special teams play

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dig this team. I have some pretty high hopes and feel as if Shanahan is the best coach we have had since Mariucci based on his ability to get no names to moves the ball down the field. When an offense of UDFA like Breida and Mullens can still put up 20+, this was what I think all of us wanted to see during the Harbaugh years, when we had superior talent.

Now, we have a defense full of talent that needs to play up to their potential and a blossoming offense where the only real weakness lies in its interior OL play...something that has shown to have improved this preseason, despite Richburg being hurt.
Yes. let's see if we can at least get them on the field. We definitely need Richburg and Kittle to come back as well.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on all. Mullens just missed that wide open bomb to Matthews. That would have been sweet. One edge that Beathard has over Mullens, in my opinion, is the deep ball accuracy.
I'm also pleased that the 49ers' second and third units seem to be better than all the other teams they've played. I'm hopeful that that speaks to some quality depth on this team.

Beathard does have a stronger arm than Mullens but I've never been impressed with his deep ball accuracy. Every once in awhile he throws a really nice deep pass but more often than not he seems to be off target

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a quad. They seem to be babying these players during the preseason. I think they wanted to look at some of the other running backs anyway. Mostert is a probably a lock because of his special teams play
That's what I was hoping.

DurbanPoison2121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Literally the only thing I feel CJ has over Mullens is this....Mullens is, IMO, the best overall QB.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beathard does have a stronger arm than Mullens but I've never been impressed with his deep ball accuracy. Every once in awhile he throws a really nice deep pass but more often than not he seems to be off target
It seems to me his long ball accuracy is much betterthan Mullens'.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shanahan is the best offensive coach for sure. Harbaugh was good overall but his weakness by far was his X an Os. Garland played a little better this past week but not having a good preseason overall. Hopefully Richburg comes back ready to play. Our interior depth is not good. Skule and Toran are a liability.