• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NightMare 1st Rd Picks for our Division

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Rams have 2 picks, 49ers/Cards have 1 pick in the first round. What are your nightmare scenarios?

Mine:

Rams #2: Sammy Watkins (WR)
Rams #14: Taylor Lewan (OT)

First off, Taylor Lewan paired with a POTENTIAL healthy Jake Long makes that O-Line MUCH improved. Sammy Watkins would be a surprise at #2, but he's well worth the overall. All of the sudden the Rams have a scary offense if Watkins lives up to the hype and Austin can be a Percy Harvin type player on that team. Cook actually has been decent since his cancer days at Tennessee. I know everyone is expecting OT/S for the Rams, but they can find secondary help in later rounds.

They already (IMO) have the best front 7 in the NFC West (Quinn/Long/Brockers/Ogeltree/Laurinitis/Langford)

Cards #22: C.J Mosley (ILB)

Cards always seem to draft smart and this is just a smart draft pick. They lost Dansby and Washington seems to get injured. Mosley is the top ILB prospect this year and just brings great football IQ, leadership, and excellent pass coverage skills to an already good Cards defense. This keeps the Cards defense great and with Carson getting a completely re-built offensive line.... Cards could be dangerous.

49ers #30: Brandin Cooks (WR)

49ers get their Percy Harvin type player they initially wanted. 49ers outside of Vernon Davis have no stretch field talent at WR and Colin outside of throwing to Sherman has a decent arm to sling it. The mobility of Kaep + Davis + Cooks could turn that team into a nightmare to play against. If Gore holds up bleh. I know our secondary specializes in exploding players in mid field but Kaep is mobile, it's not Peyton Manning. Mobility + a Harvin type player.... well just look what it did for Seattle.

Cooks prob. wont be there at 30, but the 49ers have PLENTY of picks to trade up.

So... what are your dread scenarios?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the rams drafting jadaveon clowny would be a nightmare

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Hope you don't mind a niner popping in here.

Rams would be Clowney and lewan.

Cards would be Mosely

Seahawks would be Kevin Benjamin

I say that because as much as Wilson likes to extend plays, Benjamin is a huge target or him to help bail out broken plays. He also compliments Harvin well. And gives you a big target in the redzone that Rice just couldn't stay healthy to do.

As a niner fan, would love Cooks, but we need corners as well. Tough call

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you don't mind a niner popping in here.

Rams would be Clowney and lewan.

Cards would be Mosely

Seahawks would be Kevin Benjamin

I say that because as much as Wilson likes to extend plays, Benjamin is a huge target or him to help bail out broken plays. He also compliments Harvin well. And gives you a big target in the redzone that Rice just couldn't stay healthy to do.

As a niner fan, would love Cooks, but we need corners as well. Tough call

Not at all!

Benjamin is definitely solid but I really hope Seattle trades down and grabs Mathews. Interesting to see we agree on Mosley.

As for Clowney... do the Rams need all that with what they have? I guess they'd have the most deadly pass rush (on paper, Clowney hasn't played yet) in NFL history. Regardless, if Houston takes Clowney... then IMO Rams should def. grab Watkins. He's right up there with AJ Green in terms of the best WR prospect to come along since Calvin.

BamaCards1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going with Calvin Pryor or Ha-Ha Clinton Dix. Either would be a big upgrade for the Cards and much needed. They can't cover a TE to save their life. The one glaring need they have on defense. Dansby already has his replacement.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Gilbert on the Niners
Clinton Dix on the Cardinals
Aaron Donald on Seattle.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the niners having problems at corner. So nightmare would be the Michigan st kid falling or...them trading up for him or gilbert...

Rams, Clowney, hands down. They did unspeakable things to our oline last year can you imagine adding that guy. Also considering the fire their team played with the second game last year i doubt effort would be a prob v us.
I also like the Rams receivers right now. so watkins wouldn't be good either but nowhere near as scary as clowney.

Cards. mehh, i guess oline with the statue back there. But ill go off script, how about Johnny Manziel? Ive seen ONE mock where he fell ,,, he has "it" ,,,, he also has that "bust gene" too so who knows.