• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Foles to Chicago

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, the supporting cast is what made Mitch look serviceable in 2018. That and Nagy sort of surprising a lot of the league, I think. You put a legitimate NFL QB into the offense and suddenly I would be willing to bet some of those weapons take off. Robinson goes from an 1,100 guy to a 1,400 yard guy, Miller breaks out, Cohen returns to relevance and the TE position probably even looks better.

I don't know if Foles is that guy, but we'll see. The line really has to be addressed in the draft.

One thing everyone has reported about Nagy is that Mitch has always been on training wheels and never allowed him to open up his full offense. I'm interested in seeing what that might look like if Foles is the starter.
The line was the biggest surprise. I'm hoping it was something of a blocking scheme/coaching thing cause it was far worse than it's talent. Massie had a massive drop off from 2018 and Leno looked like a turnstyle after looking quite stout in 2018. Whitehair and Daniels had issues and Long was downright horrible after coming back healthy for the first time in years. Rashaad Coward was about as good as you could realistically hope for a guy who entered the year as a backup who converted from DL 2 years ago.

The nice thing is that Pace has basically set himself to not HAVE to spend a 2nd round pick on any position other than O line. The edge rusher need has been addressed with Quinn. We added 2 tight ends to add to a (hopefully) healthy Burton with Graham and Harris. Foles takes over at QB. We're pretty good at WR with Robinson/Miller/Wims/Ridley and RB with Montgomery/Cohen. We could use a speedy receiver and some depth in the defensive backfield, but realistically, i don't see how Pace could have had a significantly better offseason thus far considering how limited his options were.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pace is the goods. The minute Rodgers is out of the North, my guess is Bears will be mainstay competitive if Pace stays in charge and we just for the love of God get some decent QB play. The roster overall will continue to be well maintained with talent.

He might get buried if we suck this year, though. And that is sad to think about. But he is in with our team ownership much like Lovie was...so it would have to be a horrendous fall.

Starting Mitch for 16 more games could be that kind of fall.

*fingers crossed*

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is Cam gonna go? I just don't see the Pats being a fit.

Good God I want NOTHING to do with him.

Which means Belichick will do it :gaah::gaah:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 backup QB's on the Bears now...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3t9vx4.jpg

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles is not called BDN for figurative reasons. It may be a myth, but he is said to have an unusually large unit for real. His nickname in college was "Footlong Foles". Then in Philly, linebacker Connor Barwin told reporters that Foles had the biggest dick on the team, and it kind of spread from there.
see? This guy is THE authority on dicks

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like I said, you love the attention and remain a legend in your own mind

these are two more things I've been saying to you for well over 3 years
He claims I'm absurd for stating Watson>wentz