• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Foles to Chicago

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Foles is called Big Dick Nick, what is the Stache’s nickname since he ran Foles out of town?

Foles is not called BDN for figurative reasons. It may be a myth, but he is said to have an unusually large unit for real. His nickname in college was "Footlong Foles". Then in Philly, linebacker Connor Barwin told reporters that Foles had the biggest dick on the team, and it kind of spread from there.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like a lot of what Pace has done, unfortunately Trubisky is the big clout in the resume'.

I hear a lot of bear fans say similar, and honestly I'm not sure I get it

While he's done some good, he's bungled a lot

He's only had one winning season and 0 playoff wins as GM

He's not drafted particularly well. He's running about 50% on his free agents. Mack Trade, brought high impact player in, but lack of draft capital is showing

Bears could have Mahomes/Kittles, they got Mitch/Sheehan

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's not drafted particularly well. He's running about 50% on his free agents. Mack Trade, brought high impact player in, but lack of draft capital is showing

Well, it's super-easy to play captain hindsight. Nobody could foresee what Mahomes is doing. The Shaheen pick was bungled for sure. That draft was a mess. The Bears had an open draft that year, with no real needs outside of QB. He got cute with that draft for sure. But he also arguably got the steal of that draft with Eddie Jackson too.

Pace inherited a complete dumpster fire when he took over.

He is on the hotseat this year. They flail again, and he could be gone.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paces 2015 Draft
Kevin White-Bust
Eddie Goldman-Hey, he got a player
Garsu-a back up OL
Langford-Ok rookie year, out of the league
Well, it's super-easy to play captain hindsight. Nobody could foresee what Mahomes is doing. The Shaheen pick was bungled for sure. That draft was a mess. The Bears had an open draft that year, with no real needs outside of QB. He got cute with that draft for sure. But he also arguably got the steal of that draft with Eddie Jackson too.

Pace inherited a complete dumpster fire when he took over.

He is on the hotseat this year. They flail again, and he could be gone.

Agreed, hindsight is 2020. But look at his drafts

2015-Goldman/Amos were ok picks, rest was crap
2016-Whitehair is an above average starter/Floyd Is ok Starter (for different team now) Rest was crap or at best backups
2017-Jackson was injury gamble that has paid off. Cohen is a solid role player bringing unique utililty. Trubs/Shehan looking like busts. Morgan never played
2018-Looks promising
2019-Montogemry looks ok.

Too few picks and too few hits on his picks.

One winning season, 0 playoff wins.

Yes, he inherited bad roster and atrocious defense is now one of the best. Offense is still miserable.

I would think if bears repeat last year, Pace would be fired, but what do I know

As a viking fan, I know my team at best is a wild card contender, so before you accuse me of glass houses.......

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paces 2015 Draft
Kevin White-Bust
Eddie Goldman-Hey, he got a player
Garsu-a back up OL
Langford-Ok rookie year, out of the league

Agreed, hindsight is 2020. But look at his drafts

2015-Goldman/Amos were ok picks, rest was crap
2016-Whitehair is an above average starter/Floyd Is ok Starter (for different team now) Rest was crap or at best backups
2017-Jackson was injury gamble that has paid off. Cohen is a solid role player bringing unique utililty. Trubs/Shehan looking like busts. Morgan never played
2018-Looks promising
2019-Montogemry looks ok.

Too few picks and too few hits on his picks.

One winning season, 0 playoff wins.

Yes, he inherited bad roster and atrocious defense is now one of the best. Offense is still miserable.

I would think if bears repeat last year, Pace would be fired, but what do I know

As a viking fan, I know my team at best is a wild card contender, so before you accuse me of glass houses.......

Most drafts only net a couple to a few quality players. No team hits on every pick. Goldman is a fucking beast, and Amos is one of the better strong safeties in the league, imo.

Whitehair is a good player. Had he not been bounced back and forth from center to guard, due to poor supporting cast, he could easily be a Pro Bowler. Kwitkowski and Howard were also good picks from that draft. Howard in round 5 was arguably a great pick.

2015 and 2017 were his worst drafts.

As far as FA, let's not forget about Akiem Hicks. That was a great pick-up.

But I agree, as I already stated, that he is on the hotseat, and another year of failing, and one has to think he could be on his way out.

If he gets canned, Kevin White, Floyd, Trubisky and Nagy will likely be why.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is Cam gonna go? I just don't see the Pats being a fit.

I would think Cam would be a better fit than Winston in NE, but outside of NE, it's really starting to look like a backup role for both. I could see Cam in TN behind Tannehill.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most drafts only net a couple to a few quality players. No team hits on every pick. Goldman is a fucking beast, and Amos is one of the better strong safeties in the league, imo.

Whitehair is a good player. Had he not been bounced back and forth from center to guard, due to poor supporting cast, he could easily be a Pro Bowler. Kwitkowski and Howard were also good picks from that draft. Howard in round 5 was arguably a great pick.

2015 and 2017 were his worst drafts.

As far as FA, let's not forget about Akiem Hicks. That was a great pick-up.

But I agree, as I already stated, that he is on the hotseat, and another year of failing, and one has to think he could be on his way out.

If he gets canned, Kevin White, Floyd, Trubisky and Nagy will likely be why.

Pace isn't incompetent, but for every success you can point out several failures. I don't think his drafts have been good enough, which is why bears only have one winning season. I know no GM hits on all their picks, he hasn't hit enough IMO. He also hasn't had very many due to aggressive moves that haven't always paid off

Hicks Good
Burton bad

You're one good wr (blanking on his name) Good
Glennon Bad

Spielmen (vikings gm) has done really well with two exceptions, OL and QB. And those are biggies...

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think Cam would be a better fit than Winston in NE, but outside of NE, it's really starting to look like a backup role for both. I could see Cam in TN behind Tannehill.

That's a great fit actually.....I think NE trades for Dalton.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think what a lot of Bears fans are saying is Pace is aight, no need for the pitch forks and calling for for his head for right now. I feel like he just got here, he’s made some hits, he’s made some misses but we should give him some more time

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what a lot of Bears fans are saying is Pace is aight, no need for the pitch forks and calling for for his head for right now. I feel like he just got here, he’s made some hits, he’s made some misses but we should give him some more time

He's 34-46. Was 2017 a flash in the pan or was 2018 just a bump in the road in return to being a relevant team

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a great fit actually.....I think NE trades for Dalton.

Dalton, Newton, Winston...one of them will be a starter. NE would have to give up something for Dalton I'm sure...maybe a 5th, but he has a pretty reasonable cap hit for a QB.

Coming off injury... I can see Cam being a backup that could take over...maybe the Jets, 'Skins

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you have to look at where Pace started with this team when he took it over in 2015. He had to clean up one of the biggest messes in modern day NFL history by Phil Emery. The guy went all-in on Cutler and signed every big name free agent on the market before 2013 and 2014 to long-term deals. Jared Allen, Lamar Houston, Willie Young, Martellus Bennett, DJ Williams, Jermon Bushrod, etc. It's almost IMPOSSIBLE to invest in THAT many flops. They went 5-11 and the locker room imploded in the worst Bears season of my lifetime.

It wasn't even a rebuild when he took it over. It was like a damn ghost town of something that never even was. Just an old ass group of has beens. No cap space, nothing. He moved what he could in the way of trade but it was a BAAAAADDD situation. The rebuild didn't even really get started until 2016 and they STILL had Cutler on the books/roster through the end of that season.

He slowly put a core together and by 2017 he had a real good looking D together. Then, he hit on a few draft picks and signings to make the offense decent enough (along with the Mack deal) for a little run in 2018. I mean, in 2015 it looked like they were going to be the Browns of the decade. Somehow by just 2018 they were going 12-4 and winning the NFC North. He won exec of the year for a reason. It was one HELL of an overhaul.

I mean, front to back on the D - he built just a savage unit. Did he miss a couple of picks? Yes, but guess what? 31 other teams could have had George Kittle.

The only thing stopping the Bears from being a prime SB contender over the past two years has been QB. Which is why it's regarded that Mitch is his only big clout. You get the QB position right? Along with how the D has been playing? The team would be pretty scary.

But alas... he blew it.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have to look at where Pace started with this team when he took it over in 2015. He had to clean up one of the biggest messes in modern day NFL history by Phil Emery. The guy went all-in on Cutler and signed every big name free agent on the market before 2013 and 2014 to long-term deals. Jared Allen, Lamar Houston, Willie Young, Martellus Bennett, DJ Williams, Jermon Bushrod, etc. It's almost IMPOSSIBLE to invest in THAT many flops. They went 5-11 and the locker room imploded in the worst Bears season of my lifetime.

It wasn't even a rebuild when he took it over. It was like a damn ghost town of something that never even was. Just an old ass group of has beens. No cap space, nothing. He moved what he could in the way of trade but it was a BAAAAADDD situation. The rebuild didn't even really get started until 2016 and they STILL had Cutler on the books/roster through the end of that season.

He slowly put a core together and by 2017 he had a real good looking D together. Then, he hit on a few draft picks and signings to make the offense decent enough (along with the Mack deal) for a little run in 2018. I mean, in 2015 it looked like they were going to be the Browns of the decade. Somehow by just 2018 they were going 12-4 and winning the NFC North. He won exec of the year for a reason. It was one HELL of an overhaul.

I mean, front to back on the D - he built just a savage unit. Did he miss a couple of picks? Yes, but guess what? 31 other teams could have had George Kittle.

The only thing stopping the Bears from being a prime SB contender over the past two years has been QB. Which is why it's regarded that Mitch is his only big clout. You get the QB position right? Along with how the D has been playing? The team would be pretty scary.

But alas... he blew it.
This x1,000. There's literally only 2 mainstays on the roster that Pace hasn't brought in: Kyle Fuller and Charles Leno Jr.

The elite defense we have/had: all Pace. On the front-line, Goldman was Pace's first 2nd round pick and one of the better block-eating nose tackles in the league. People forget that Akeim Hicks wasn't a blockbuster free agent and Pace hit big on him. The other DE has been a rotation of solid picks Pace has made (Nichols/Bullard) or signed as a UDFA (RRH).

On the next level, another stellar free agent signing was Danny Trevathan. He obviously traded for Khalil Mack, which was a homerun move. Leonard Floyd wasn't a great pick but he wasn't a bad player; was versatile and defended the run well just didn't rush the passer like he needed, so Pace went out and got Robert Quinn. Lastly Pace's last 1st round pick is awesome (Roquan Smith) and a perennial pro-bowl type player. Let us not forget how good a 4th round pick Nick Kwiatkowski was last year as well, who just signed a big contract with the Raiders.

The secondary has taken a hit this year, but before that, Pace's signing of Amukamara was another savvy move. He inherited Kyle Fuller. Had a talented nickel in Bryce Callahan before replacing him last year with Buster Skrine who was another great pickup. Eddie Jackson might be the best free safety in football and Pace got him with a 4th round pick. Adrian Amos (another Pace draft pick) left for Green Bay and Pace replaced him with a good signing in HHCD. Another 4th round pick of his (Deon Bush) has been good in relief duty.

The offensive side hasn't been as good obviously, but there's some nice pickups there. Whitehair and Daniels are good 2nd round picks. Bobby Massie had a great 2018, not so much 2019. Anthony Miller as a 2nd round pick looks really good if he can stay healthy. Allen Robinson was a great free agent signing by any measure. Trey Burton had a good 2017 before getting hurt in the playoffs and not being able to make it back in 2018. Jordan Howard as a 5th round pick had a nice couple years here while the latest 3rd round pick (Montgomery) looks like a stud and Cohen is a really good passing game back.

The big miss is Trubisky, and it remains to be seen if Nagy can be Any Reid-esque for the long-term or if 2018 was an aberration.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This x1,000. There's literally only 2 mainstays on the roster that Pace hasn't brought in: Kyle Fuller and Charles Leno Jr.

The elite defense we have/had: all Pace. On the front-line, Goldman was Pace's first 2nd round pick and one of the better block-eating nose tackles in the league. People forget that Akeim Hicks wasn't a blockbuster free agent and Pace hit big on him. The other DE has been a rotation of solid picks Pace has made (Nichols/Bullard) or signed as a UDFA (RRH).

On the next level, another stellar free agent signing was Danny Trevathan. He obviously traded for Khalil Mack, which was a homerun move. Leonard Floyd wasn't a great pick but he wasn't a bad player; was versatile and defended the run well just didn't rush the passer like he needed, so Pace went out and got Robert Quinn. Lastly Pace's last 1st round pick is awesome (Roquan Smith) and a perennial pro-bowl type player. Let us not forget how good a 4th round pick Nick Kwiatkowski was last year as well, who just signed a big contract with the Raiders.

The secondary has taken a hit this year, but before that, Pace's signing of Amukamara was another savvy move. He inherited Kyle Fuller. Had a talented nickel in Bryce Callahan before replacing him last year with Buster Skrine who was another great pickup. Eddie Jackson might be the best free safety in football and Pace got him with a 4th round pick. Adrian Amos (another Pace draft pick) left for Green Bay and Pace replaced him with a good signing in HHCD. Another 4th round pick of his (Deon Bush) has been good in relief duty.

The offensive side hasn't been as good obviously, but there's some nice pickups there. Whitehair and Daniels are good 2nd round picks. Bobby Massie had a great 2018, not so much 2019. Anthony Miller as a 2nd round pick looks really good if he can stay healthy. Allen Robinson was a great free agent signing by any measure. Trey Burton had a good 2017 before getting hurt in the playoffs and not being able to make it back in 2018. Jordan Howard as a 5th round pick had a nice couple years here while the latest 3rd round pick (Montgomery) looks like a stud and Cohen is a really good passing game back.

The big miss is Trubisky, and it remains to be seen if Nagy can be Any Reid-esque for the long-term or if 2018 was an aberration.

Honestly, the supporting cast is what made Mitch look serviceable in 2018. That and Nagy sort of surprising a lot of the league, I think. You put a legitimate NFL QB into the offense and suddenly I would be willing to bet some of those weapons take off. Robinson goes from an 1,100 guy to a 1,400 yard guy, Miller breaks out, Cohen returns to relevance and the TE position probably even looks better.

I don't know if Foles is that guy, but we'll see. The line really has to be addressed in the draft.

One thing everyone has reported about Nagy is that Mitch has always been on training wheels and never allowed him to open up his full offense. I'm interested in seeing what that might look like if Foles is the starter.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Bears had Foles the year of the double doink they probably win the Super Bowl.

They were loaded on defense and the offense seemed to be catching people off guard. But QB play was mediocre at best.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Bears had Foles the year of the double doink they probably win the Super Bowl.

They were loaded on defense and the offense seemed to be catching people off guard. But QB play was mediocre at best.

If Parkey hits it one CM to the right - they might have anyway. I think they would have lost in New Orleans in the NFC title game, though. NO/NE would have been a better SB too.