• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nice To See the Season Opening Today

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....Man, to be in Hawaii right now...

I'm picking Dustin Johnson again.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love that 11th hole...par 3 looking right at Honolula Bay, 1 of the world's BEST right point reef breaks. World class surfing goes on there next to the pineapple field in the background.

Yesterday the swell was down with no one out. Hopefully by the weekend shit happens, keep yer "good eye" open on the 11th!

BTW...

18th is a great finishing hole also!

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so I am watching highlights of golf played in Hawaii while it is -14 outside

what a world what a world

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so I am watching highlights of golf played in Hawaii while it is -14 outside

what a world what a world

.......and lamenting yet another Packer loss to the 49ers?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Zach Johnson...starting it off with a Bang!!

Amazing how different the Sony will play this week...not a level lie in sight @ Kapalua and now flat as a pancake.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Zach Johnson...starting it off with a Bang!!

Amazing how different the Sony will play this week...not a level lie in sight @ Kapalua and now flat as a pancake.

I played Waialae many times when I lived in Hawaii. It is always windy and it is very narrow.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played Waialae many times when I lived in Hawaii. It is always windy and it is very narrow.

Nice I'm sure.

My brother-n-law lived on Kona for 5 years...from a tourist perspective he loved it...but earning a living, etc...he said it was a struggle...locals really don't like mainlanders taking jobs he said.

For the pros, wind is normally the toughest obstacle, whereas elevation change seems to cause a lot of problems for my FL golfing buddies when they come up.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice I'm sure.

My brother-n-law lived on Kona for 5 years...from a tourist perspective he loved it...but earning a living, etc...he said it was a struggle...locals really don't like mainlanders taking jobs he said.

For the pros, wind is normally the toughest obstacle, whereas elevation change seems to cause a lot of problems for my FL golfing buddies when they come up.

I never went to the Big Island the entire time I lived there but they don't call them "The Kona Winds" for nothing. Honolulu is not quite as bad for Haouli as other islands like Hawaii and Lanai and Molokai. They don't like us much but there are no Hawaiian locals who can do the high tech work required in Oahu because they are extremely poorly educated and have a tendancy to remain ignorant on purpose.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never went to the Big Island the entire time I lived there but they don't call them "The Kona Winds" for nothing. Honolulu is not quite as bad for Haouli as other islands like Hawaii and Lanai and Molokai. They don't like us much but there are no Hawaiian locals who can do the high tech work required in Oahu because they are extremely poorly educated and have a tendancy to remain ignorant on purpose.

I guess I understand to a degree about the jobs, etc. but they don't have all the local skill required as you say...the final straw for my BIL was the schools...you're so right...his son was not doing great in school here in GA, not bad, but avg...when he enrolled in HI...they were covering stuff he'd done literally 2 grades earlier...he had a 3.5 GPA not learning anything...lol!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I understand to a degree about the jobs, etc. but they don't have all the local skill required as you say...the final straw for my BIL was the schools...you're so right...his son was not doing great in school here in GA, not bad, but avg...when he enrolled in HI...they were covering stuff he'd done literally 2 grades earlier...he had a 3.5 GPA not learning anything...lol!

Hawaii consistently rates at or near the bottom in education compared to other states in the Union. There are so many racial problems in public school, at least on Oahu, and I'd imagine its worse on the other islands, that almost all non natives try to send their kids to private school.

It really is a shame. When I first got there I was really looking forward to immersing myself in the local culture but when I saw the ignorance and poverty and very little attempt at upward mobility from the locals I was very disappointed.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawaii consistently rates at or near the bottom in education compared to other states in the Union. There are so many racial problems in public school, at least on Oahu, and I'd imagine its worse on the other islands, that almost all non natives try to send their kids to private school.

It really is a shame. When I first got there I was really looking forward to immersing myself in the local culture but when I saw the ignorance and poverty and very little attempt at upward mobility from the locals I was very disappointed.

I had no clue...most everyone I know that's been to HI all raved about their trip...but they were tourist.

When my BIL said he was moving back stateside we were surprised because much like you, he was anticipating something entirely different...the bias against non-natives he said was very prevalent in public school and when his son reached HS he'd saved up enough to relocate and that's what he did.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no clue...most everyone I know that's been to HI all raved about their trip...but they were tourist.

When my BIL said he was moving back stateside we were surprised because much like you, he was anticipating something entirely different...the bias against non-natives he said was very prevalent in public school and when his son reached HS he'd saved up enough to relocate and that's what he did.

Where ignorance is rampant, violence rages. There is so much alcoholism and drug abuse among the native Hawaiians as well and that really exascerbates the situation.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
554a085ac190894173c1a9eca72ac5c5b138985f77cc6fa8474c80b1645b9d6e.jpg