• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NHLPA Approves Return-to-Play Format

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wut?? lol

Ummm OK. SO Jason Kenney made a video about Edmonton that was filmed all in Banff and Jasper National Parks.

1. Aren't the players and their families supposed to self-isolate? Maybe I'm missing something.
2. Those places are at least 4 hours drive away from Edmonton. Does he know this?
3. Did he really make a video targeting NHL players and their teams and think this was the most productive use of public resources right now?

and finally..

4. That video was all filmed in the NATIONAL parks. You know the purview of the federal government. The same federal government that Kenney bitches about 24/7. LMAO.

At least he knew better than to feature some of the beautiful provincial parks that he is selling off.

What a fucking tool.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take NHL guys who want to play hockey over MLB guys who just want to pad their portfolios.

Let them play. Shit, high school hockey is still better than MLB baseball.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take NHL guys who want to play hockey over MLB guys who just want to pad their portfolios.

Who knows WTF the MLB is doing. So let me get this straight they voted against the last proposal but are moving ahead with the season?

Anytime a different league makes Bettman look good you know they suck.

HonusWagner66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We as NHL fans are thankful the game has never been disrupted by labor disputes.

I'm sure the NHL/NHLPA willingness to return to play has nothing to do with the fact that the pandemic started near the end of the season after teams and players had collected much of their regular season revenues and salaries, and the biggest objective remaining is to cash in on playoff television revenues.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i kinda hope they just stay away from here ... we’re ok covid wise for the moment. Not like anyone can go to games or even see the players around town. Plus global made it sound like theyd completely take over 8 rinks and ive registered my son for a summer camp there :mad2:

nhl will use ubc if vancouver is selected ... no 8 rinks :yes:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was out there as an nhlpa ask ... i think they relented on it though ... at least when it comes to vancouvers hub city proposal. Premier of bc said he was misquoted when he said the player families could “go out and enjoy all vancouver has to offer” lol. The public health officer said “uh no”

Took them long enough to officially confirm this lol

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the league probably wants one hub city in Canada and one in the States, but based on COVID-19 numbers, I don't know how you don't go with Vancouver and Edmonton as the two hub cities.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kind of funny, if we were truly concerned about player safety and reducing the risk of players contracting COVID-19, players should be travelling to Finland and the playoffs should be played in Helsinki.

Honestly, as long as the games are shown in each team's market in primetime - I wouldn't care where they are played. Finland, Germany and Switzerland would be fine.

In fact I would probably support it more if it was over there. Because there will be an outbreak here which will probably lead to cancellation before we get to the end here. Even in Canada which is way better off than US.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And its a good thing :thumb:

So essentially they are moving on because Vancouver refused to relax standards if there is an outbreak among players and families? Is that what they "hope to get" from Toronto or Edmonton?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So essentially they are moving on because Vancouver refused to relax standards if there is an outbreak among players and families? Is that what they "hope to get" from Toronto or Edmonton?

The provincial health authority refuses to relax the rules. The nhl want a province to bend the rules and give them special treatment. I could see alberta doing it. Ontario too if what they are considering doing for the blue jays and mlb is true