• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NHL Offseason 2021 Thread

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would actually take Suter on a low-end 1yr contract when we lose Jones.

Hell, I would take Chara too. We have some D-men who need some good examples to look up to.
Also of note, Minny will have nearly 15 mil in cap taken up by these buyouts in 24 and 25.

Has no one told the Wild about the LTIR loophole?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken Holland?!?

du3AFAC.gif

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also of note, Minny will have nearly 15 mil in cap taken up by these buyouts in 24 and 25.

Has no one told the Wild about the LTIR loophole?
I think they think they're in a window and, if I had to guess, front-runners to get Eichel.

But to get Eichel it's going to take stuff that put them into the window right now, and who the hell even knows if Eichel will be able to play next season, and Kaprizov is still an RFA and it seems like there's some kinda problem there, and Zuccarello is in his mid-30's, and their goalie is Cam Talbot, and they only had to play 2 good teams all year last season and finished some miles behind those two, and...

I dunno, is that enough?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fear is that the Flames are going to do a whole lot of nothing with the rationale being have you seen how piss poor the Pacific Division looks next season? I've seen several pundits predicting Calgary finishing 3rd (behind Vegas and Edmonton) but is just making the playoffs the goal? I mean, they missed the playoffs in a pretty mediocre North division last season, big changes are needed.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two-time GM of the year about to lose another massive piece of his blue line for peanuts because he signed JG Pageau, Matt Martin and Leo Komarov to insane contracts.

Three-time GM of the year incoming!
Just wait until he signs Zach Parise!!!

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fear is that the Flames are going to do a whole lot of nothing with the rationale being have you seen how piss poor the Pacific Division looks next season? I've seen several pundits predicting Calgary finishing 3rd (behind Vegas and Edmonton) but is just making the playoffs the goal? I mean, they missed the playoffs in a pretty mediocre North division last season, big changes are needed.
I don't want to give the Flames too much benefit of the doubt but, like, everybody who was there before last season not named Mangiapane and Hanifin underperformed last season.

They also made maybe the worst coaching decisions this side of hiring Randy Carlisle in the cap era.

I feel like there's a good team there but almost zero chance of current management unlocking its potential.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to give the Flames too much benefit of the doubt but, like, everybody who was there before last season not named Mangiapane and Hanifin underperformed last season.

They also made maybe the worst coaching decisions this side of hiring Randy Carlisle in the cap era.

I feel like there's a good team there but almost zero chance of current management unlocking its potential.

They did hold on to Ward for far too long last season and I am curious to see what a full season of Darryl Sutter behind the bench can do. I guess I'm just tired of all the tinkering around the edges especially when it comes to the forward corps.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did hold on to Ward for far too long last season and I am curious to see what a full season of Darryl Sutter behind the bench can do. I guess I'm just tired of all the tinkering around the edges especially when it comes to the forward corps.
So what you’re saying is Dutter is a better coach than Randy Carlyle?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they think they're in a window and, if I had to guess, front-runners to get Eichel.

But to get Eichel it's going to take stuff that put them into the window right now, and who the hell even knows if Eichel will be able to play next season, and Kaprizov is still an RFA and it seems like there's some kinda problem there, and Zuccarello is in his mid-30's, and their goalie is Cam Talbot, and they only had to play 2 good teams all year last season and finished some miles behind those two, and...

I dunno, is that enough?

Ummmm

The West division overall was trash. But the WIld played Colorado and Vegas 2 of the 3 best teams in hockey(i count the champs who didnt have Kuch) not just good. St Louis would be good.

And "some miles" behind would be 7 pts total. While winning the season series to Vegas and then losing to them in 7 games in the playoffs.

Wild, still got a ways to go to being the cream of the crop and last year may of been a fluke, but yeah you vastly undersold that final line.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmm

The West division overall was trash. But the WIld played Colorado and Vegas 2 of the 3 best teams in hockey(i count the champs who didnt have Kuch) not just good. St Louis would be good.

And "some miles" behind would be 7 pts total. While winning the season series to Vegas and then losing to them in 7 games in the playoffs.

Wild, still got a ways to go to being the cream of the crop and last year may of been a fluke, but yeah you vastly undersold that final line.
Their goal differential was 40 goals worse than Vegas and Colorado. Sorry, that's miles worse. STL is balls.

Anyway, never said Minny shouldn't go for it (every team should go for it) but to do that buyout and put themselves in dead cap hell they had better have one hell of a plan is all I meant.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Guerins plan - if this doesn’t work out then the next GM can clean up the mess.

/I’m sure that is Bennings train of thought as well but it sucks when you have to clean up your own messes too