• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NHL GDT - Thursday, Jan 14

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL-Logo.png

Capitals at Sabres
7:00 PM ET

Bruins at Devils

Islanders at Rangers

Hurricanes at Red Wings
7:30 PM ET

Blue Jackets at Predators
8:00 PM ET

Flames at Jets
8:00 PM ET

Canucks at Oilers
9:00 PM ET

Sharks at Coyotes
9:00 PM ET

Ducks at Golden Knights
10:00 PM ET

Wild at Kings
10:00 PM ET

Stars at Panthers
PPD​

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I'll watch the Atlanta Flames vs the Atlanta Thrashers tonight...too many painful memories.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll actually be watching the Blue Jackets vs Preds, as it's my wife's team vs our 'local' team.

Sadly, I've never been to a Blue Jackets game, but I'd love to go sometime. @gobucks0409 - Hard to get tickets during non-COVID times?

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll actually be watching the Blue Jackets vs Preds, as it's my wife's team vs our 'local' team.

Sadly, I've never been to a Blue Jackets game, but I'd love to go sometime. @gobucks0409 - Hard to get tickets during non-COVID times?
Not at all. Especially if it's a weekday game. Lately, our crowds have been decent, but if they get on a skid, and it's a Tuesday night, it gets pretty empty. I've got half season tickets up in the shoot twice upper bowl corner.

Reactions: Eco

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. Especially if it's a weekday game. Lately, our crowds have been decent, but if they get on a skid, and it's a Tuesday night, it gets pretty empty. I've got half season tickets up in the shoot twice upper bowl corner.

After rona passes, I'll let you know when I go and buy you a drink.

Reactions: gob

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tickets are not hard to come by unless it's against the Pens, Wings or (to a degree) Hawks. Tickets also get harder to get after the Buckeyes football team is eliminated/finished but by no means "hard".

I also must recommend Bacon on a stick, at the smokehouse at the top of the south Nationwide Blvd entrance escalator.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tickets are not hard to come by unless it's against the Pens, Wings or (to a degree) Hawks. Tickets also get harder to get after the Buckeyes football team is eliminated/finished but by no means "hard".

I also must recommend Bacon on a stick, at the smokehouse at the top of the south Nationwide Blvd entrance escalator.
Even then, "hard to come by" is kind of relative. If he's coming from Nashville, it might not seem that way.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even then, "hard to come by" is kind of relative. If he's coming from Nashville, it might not seem that way.

I've been to Nashville and Tampa both. And Tampa I didn't buy so I'm not sure who 'difficult', but Preds were actually kind of hard and expensive to get my hands on. Probably didn't help they were playing the Hawks though.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict Max Domi scores a goal and Jackets fans on Reddit are going to incessantly bitch that we shouldn't have given up Anderson for him because he's only half as good.

• Haha

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict Max Domi scores a goal and Jackets fans on Reddit are going to incessantly bitch that we shouldn't have given up Anderson for him because he's only half as good.
They have a point though, Anderson is on pace to break the scoring record...

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been to Nashville and Tampa both. And Tampa I didn't buy so I'm not sure who 'difficult', but Preds were actually kind of hard and expensive to get my hands on. Probably didn't help they were playing the Hawks though.
Yeah, when I went to Nashville, I had my tickets ahead of time so I don't know how tough it would be. You shouldn't have any trouble in any way by comparison here. Easy in and out, easy to get tickets, easy hearing loss the higher up you sit (the explosion packs are in the rafters for the "cannon". :)

They have a point though, Anderson is on pace to break the scoring record...
Plus we don't know if Josh Anderson would have stayed here despite our tragic lack of garages.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, when I went to Nashville, I had my tickets ahead of time so I don't know how tough it would be. You shouldn't have any trouble in any way by comparison here. Easy in and out, easy to get tickets, easy hearing loss the higher up you sit (the explosion packs are in the rafters for the "cannon". :)

Plus we don't know if Josh Anderson would have stayed here despite our tragic lack of garages.
First thing the GF is looking for in a house. Not the neighborhood or the school district. Can we get a garage?!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First thing the GF is looking for in a house. Not the neighborhood or the school district. Can we get a garage?!
My house in MD didn't have one, so it was tops on my list when moving here. Mrs 43 kept rolling her eyes when I insisted on going into the garages first in every house we looked at.

• Haha

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My house in MD didn't have one, so it was tops on my list when moving here. Mrs 43 kept rolling her eyes when I insisted on going into the garages first in every house we looked at.

That's crazy, but do you live in the city? I live in Metro Atlanta and every house has a garage. I would even look at a house with a carport on it which is much more common than houses without a garage.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss my garage... Have to park on the street like a bum since I moved in to her place in Grandview. I had a garage spot in my downtown place.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's crazy, but do you live in the city? I live in Metro Atlanta and every house has a garage. I would even look at a house with a carport on it which is much more common than houses without a garage.
I am out in the burbs, and have a ginormous garage that is even big enough for my bicycle addiction.

Lived in the burbs out in Md too, but we bought out there at the beginning of the housing bubble where houses were getting offers thrown on them without people even looking at the so it was tough enough to even find one to buy, let alone one with everything we wanted. But at least we got out of there before the bubble popped. We sold that house for 150k more than we'd bought it for 4 years earlier. And turned that into a much bigger house here.

Now the bubble is going up here and we're thinking about going a little further out and building. Attached garage AND detached garage! (*Mrs 43 just rolled her eyes and really doesn't know why*)

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit... Started a free trial on Fubotv to watch the OSU game Monday. Doesn't look like I can get Fox Sports OH on that. Going to have to figure something else out for the Jackets

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit... Started a free trial on Fubotv to watch the OSU game Monday. Doesn't look like I can get Fox Sports OH on that. Going to have to figure something else out for the Jackets

There are some websites out there that'll let you watch it, but it might infect your computer while you watch the Jackets. Local sports are always a pain if you don't have cable.

I have NHL TV for $100 a year and I get all NHL games, which is nice since I don't have a local team and thus no restrictions on it.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Boeser pad his Cy Young numbers tonight or will he be content with some secondary PP assists?