• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NHL Games - 3-26-15

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am deeply scared of the next batch of games

Dallas - fuck them, but they've won 4 straight, and Kari Lehtemin always plays like Georges Vezina against us
@Blues - 24-9-2 at home
@Predators - 28-7-2 at home
@Blackhawks - they are still the dragon
@Jets - desperate team, also tough at home
Kings - they are still out daddies.

can we win 3 of those? I'm not so sure.
hell, the tired and shitty Avs are currently taking it to us in our own barn
The Pacific 2-4 is still up for grabs.
You smacked your daddy around last time .
Fun that these games mean something,
It will suck if one of the jets Kings Flames and Nucks don't get in. And one most likely won't. 4 teams that are playing great now.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to piss away that game Canucks wow just fucking awful

Maybe we actually will be the ones out

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reto Berra is not the answer, but on this night...

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0-3 in the Millionaires jerseys. As puck said, might be time to burn 'em.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pacific 2-4 is still up for grabs.
You smacked your daddy around last time .
Fun that these games mean something,
It will suck if one of the jets Kings Flames and Nucks don't get in. And one most likely won't. 4 teams that are playing great now.

Yeah but the Wild are also playing great

The way you word that with "if" makes it sound like one of those 4 would get left out over someone less deserving. The only other team at this point is Minny.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both the Yotes and Oilers are within 6 points of the Leafs but both teams have inferior ROW's. Is it time for me to throw in the towel on 2nd-or-3rd-last? Edmonton does have a game in hand...

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both the Yotes and Oilers are within 6 points of the Leafs but both teams have inferior ROW's. Is it time for me to throw in the towel on 2nd-or-3rd-last? Edmonton does have a game in hand...

Fourth it is. Focus on Hanifin, Strome or Marner.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to say, the BUF fans at their game last night are, well, disgusting. Cheering your team for losing is just wrong. People can rationalize it all they want, but bottom line is: you cheer your team for losing and hopefully cementing a 20% chance at one player (who although very very good) is one Downie cheap shot away from a career as a tax accountant.

Frockin' sad. Say what you want about TOR fans that throw jerseys on the ice, but I would rather have them as fans then the guys who are repping McDavid blue and gold.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to say, the BUF fans at their game last night are, well, disgusting. Cheering your team for losing is just wrong. People can rationalize it all they want, but bottom line is: you cheer your team for losing and hopefully cementing a 20% chance at one player (who although very very good) is one Downie cheap shot away from a career as a tax accountant.

Frockin' sad. Say what you want about TOR fans that throw jerseys on the ice, but I would rather have them as fans then the guys who are repping McDavid blue and gold.
Leafs need Strome. Draft him, trade Kessel to the Isles for a package centered around his brother Ryan, Leafs are good up the middle for 15 years.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but the Wild are also playing great

The way you word that with "if" makes it sound like one of those 4 would get left out over someone less deserving. The only other team at this point is Minny.
I actually think that Minny is not getting bumped.
I don't think any other teams are going to work themselves into the mix at this point.
I just think that one of this four is going to be on the outside looking in even though, right now, they are all playing great.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cheering in the barn for your team to lose is low as shit. There are guys on that team who will still be around in a few years when the team is supposed to be rebounding - you think they won't remember the nights when their own fans cheered their losses?

Mike Weber:
“I’ve always spoken extremely high of our fans,” he said. “I don’t even know if disappointed is the word.

“They scored the first one, our fans are cheering. Late penalty, they cheer. They cheer when they score to win the game. I don’t even know what to say. It’s extremely frustrating for us.”

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheering in the barn for your team to lose is low as shit. There are guys on that team who will still be around in a few years when the team is supposed to be rebounding - you think they won't remember the nights when their own fans cheered their losses?
Yeah, I'm not a fan of people showing up and actively cheering for the other team.

I won't lie, I wasn't disappointed that the Coyotes won last night because that pretty much cemented 30th. But had I been at the game (it's a bit far away for me!) I would have been cheering all out for the Sabres because that's what you do. If you want to cheer the other team, sell your tickets and sit at home.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not a fan of people showing up and actively cheering for the other team.

I won't lie, I wasn't disappointed that the Coyotes won last night because that pretty much cemented 30th. But had I been at the game (it's a bit far away for me!) I would have been cheering all out for the Sabres because that's what you do. If you want to cheer the other team, sell your tickets and sit at home.
Exactly. Do these people have any idea what a shitty reputation doing such a thing gives their team amongst the players of the league?

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Do these people have any idea what a shitty reputation doing such a thing gives their team amongst the players of the league?
I don't think it will really have any effect long term.

The players know why it's happening and though they'd never admit it publicly, I think they understand also.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it will really have any effect long term.

The players know why it's happening and though they'd never admit it publicly, I think they understand also.
I don't know. Guys like Grigorenko, Deslaurier, Bogosian, Ristolainen, Zadorov etc. are going to be around for a while and while the players may understand it, there could be games in the future where the fans boo the team's play and the players afterward think "well ya cheered our opponents that one time, why aren't you happy now?". That could get ugly.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo fans would be wise to learn from Oilers fans - You start cheering for losses and pretty soon that's all you end up getting.