• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NHL Games - 1-28-15

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight's Games:
Toronto at New Jersey
Pittsburgh at Washington
Chicago at Los Angeles

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBCSN is finally showing a west coast game. I realize it was a tough decision for them tonight, especially considering their favorite team, Buffalo isn't playing tonight.

They've shown a few West Coast games here and there this season, especially on Wednesday nights

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your point exactly? Counting tonight they will have shown Pittsburgh 10, Philly 9, Boston 8, Detroit and Chicago 7 each, and San Jose, LA, and Minnesota 6 times each too.

The difference is those other teams besides Minny which has underperformed in a big way are in the playoff hunt. They've shown the Islanders ONCE!!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is those other teams besides Minny which has underperformed in a big way are in the playoff hunt. They've shown the Islanders ONCE!!

You have to remember, they schedule the National TV games well before the season starts, so while the Isles were expected to be better, they didn't expect them to be this good

But that's also not an excuse for the Sabres to be on that often, but there's also a lot of Sabres fans too so they feel like they can get good ratings for those games

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to remember, they schedule the National TV games well before the season starts, so while the Isles were expected to be better, they didn't expect them to be this good

But that's also not an excuse for the Sabres to be on that often, but there's also a lot of Sabres fans too so they feel like they can get good ratings for those games

Everybody knew the Sabres were going to be bad this year. I can see showing them once or twice, but that's about it.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Toffoli expected to return tonight, so that's big for the Kings

They need his offense, but I think his 200 foot game is underrated, which the Kings are sort of missing right now

Kings really need this game - after tonight, they go on a five game road trip and play some real good teams so this needs to be a win tonight

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Buffalo consistently posts some of the best ratings for NBCSN games. Even when their team sucks.

The only non-Canadian teams (since Canadian TV contracts make getting the rights harder for NBCSN) that could be considered traditional hockey markets that appear fewer times than Buffalo are NYI and NJ and to a lesser extent, Colorado.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Buffalo consistently posts some of the best ratings for NBCSN games. Even when their team sucks.

The only non-Canadian teams (since Canadian TV contracts make getting the rights harder for NBCSN) that could be considered traditional hockey markets that appear fewer times than Buffalo are NYI and NJ and to a lesser extent, Colorado.

I don't care about Sabres games ratings. The whole point of having the contract should be to show good hockey. Not a team that's not necessarily trying to win.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about Sabres games ratings. The whole point of having the contract should be to show good hockey. Not a team that's not necessarily trying to win.

And that right there is why you don't own or operate a television network.

It's basic business. You put forth the product that is going to give you your highest return on investment.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lapierre is centering a line with Steve Downie.

tumblr_m9us4hkVnf1qj8vj4.gif

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Toffoli expected to return tonight, so that's big for the Kings

They need his offense, but I think his 200 foot game is underrated, which the Kings are sort of missing right now

Kings really need this game - after tonight, they go on a five game road trip and play some real good teams so this needs to be a win tonight

Showcasing Toffoli for a trade down the line, Cobie.

:behindsofa:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One Cooke short of a full kitchen if you ask me

Woah now, these two may be conniving, diving, cheap, scrappy sons of bitches, but they are NOT Matt Cooke. Sheesh.