• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL's newest Power Rankings

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either of those guys play defense? Just asking because offense was not the problem. Giving up 150 - 200+ yds per game to plow horses and virtual unknowns was the problem.
I'm not sure why other posters don't see this as well? Colts have a decent offense, made stronger this year. They did nothing to improve that glass door defense.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I would not. Cause he hasn't done it when the going got tough.

So until he does call me undecided...
I'm skeptical as well. Didn't block when he played for Miami, FL. Didn't block for 5 years in NO. Considers himself a WR (albiet for WR Diva $). Can he get in the way long enough? Probably but divas don't like being hit and LBs and DEs will quickly realize this and they will start to run through him. Let him catch the ball and score TDs, that's what he does.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't bring a guy like Graham in just to turn him into something he's not. The staff isn't stupid.

But this is a run heavy offense and that identity isn't going to change as long as it's working as is.

Those comparing him to Miller miss the obvious. Zack was an ok receiver, but probably the best blocking TE in the league if not one of. The team used his strengths.

JG can still stretch and hold defenses without having to be the same blocking force. If he puts a move on and looks like he's going to quick block and release he's sure to draw attention that won't be going toward the running play.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with deflated balls !
There was a new study conducted by Indiana University. Yep they concluded deflated balls guarentee 200+ yards on the ground. :doh:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the Seahawks and Packers will go at it again this year for a spot in the Super Bowl. I think the Hawks OL is better than average. They certainly can open holes for Lynch. Wilson doesn't spend a lot of time on his back either.
If the OL ends up better than average, that's quite an improvement over the past two seasons.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The oft injured Center prior to last season missed a total of 4 games in the previous three seasons

Ill admit, I thought Unger was older
You don't bring a guy like Graham in just to turn him into something he's not. The staff isn't stupid.

But this is a run heavy offense and that identity isn't going to change as long as it's working as is.

Those comparing him to Miller miss the obvious. Zack was an ok receiver, but probably the best blocking TE in the league if not one of. The team used his strengths.

JG can still stretch and hold defenses without having to be the same blocking force. If he puts a move on and looks like he's going to quick block and release he's sure to draw attention that won't be going toward the running play.

This..... JG doesn't have to be the worlds best blocker, just his presence out there forces the defense to be honest in the run game. They can't throw 8-9 guys in the box, cause then your asking a LB to guard jimmy 1-1 which Seattle will audible to and take their chances with all day long.

So by eliminating the extra Defender in the box, he is already helping out the run game.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill admit, I thought Unger was older

This..... JG doesn't have to be the worlds best blocker, just his presence out there forces the defense to be honest in the run game. They can't throw 8-9 guys in the box, cause then your asking a LB to guard jimmy 1-1 which Seattle will audible to and take their chances with all day long.

So by eliminating the extra Defender in the box, he is already helping out the run game.

and when hes in motion hes a disaster for the defense and matchups. I havent a clue how the Ravens will cover him this year.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Hampton disagrees with you. He is thinking 11 wins, likes what he's seeing on both sides of the ball at camp. Think the Bears have put together the best coaching staff in the entire league. :noidea:

Oh, I'm not disagreeing about the coaching staff... They are pretty solid. But Cutler hadn't shown us shit in camp except that he still reads defenses like shit. Remember his performance against the #2 defense last week?

I think the Bears would be vastly improved with a decent QB, maybe improve to a 7 win team this season. But honestly, Hampton imust be smoking something... Looking at the schedule, there is no fucking way the Bears win 11 games.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The oft injured Center prior to last season missed a total of 4 games in the previous three seasons
I suppose that's true, but why did you only go back 3 seasons? Maybe because he missed 15 games in 2010 with a toe injury?

The truth is the dude is hurt a lot.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose that's true, but why did you only go back 3 seasons? Maybe because he missed 15 games in 2010 with a toe injury?

The truth is the dude is hurt a lot.

Not really. I didn't even look at that year. I thought a 4 yr sample size was large enough for a guy who only been in the league 6 yrs or so

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you not be a fan of trading an aging oft injured center for Jimmy Graham???

Because Jimmy Graham can't block, is overrated and has never played without a reckless gunslinger for QB.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Jimmy Graham can't block, is overrated and has never played without a reckless gunslinger for QB.

So Who cares how he blocks? Can he be a number 1 receiving target for Wilson? We have plenty of people who can block.

But I get it, you hate Seattle cause of their success and are actually probably jealous, so youll grasp at any reason to throw shade their way.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Who cares how he blocks? Can he be a number 1 receiving target for Wilson? We have plenty of people who can block.

But I get it, you hate Seattle cause of their success and are actually probably jealous, so youll grasp at any reason to throw shade their way.

"jealous hater"

:L

Wow. I couldn't possibly be more ambivalent about Seattle or Jimmy Graham.

Seriously, man. That "jealous hater" shit is for the simpleton. You're not are you?

Also, it's difficult for me to take you seriously when you actually come right out and say "who cares whether a TE blocks." Do you understand the basics of the game and were a TE lines up? If not, maybe some of us can help you out.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"jealous hater"

:L

Wow. I couldn't possibly be more ambivalent about Seattle or Jimmy Graham.

Seriously, man. That "jealous hater" shit is for the simpleton. You're not are you?

Also, it's difficult for me to take you seriously when you actually come right out and say "who cares whether a TE blocks." Do you understand the basics of the game and were a TE lines up? If not, maybe some of us can help you out.

A TE of Jimmy Grahams immense pass catching skill set aligns?

From his contract/franchise tag year

Graham lined up outside the traditional tackle box—either in the slot position or at wide receiver—for 67 percent of his total plays in 2013.

Edited to take out some of the snarkiness

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3