• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL's newest Power Rankings

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sir, is understandable.
JG is interviewed constantly regarding the need for him to block. I am confident that a 270 lb, 6'7" guy with desire can hold off a defender for the quick moment it takes for Marshawn to speed past said defender.
I will gladly eat the crow dinner if JG does not impress in his ability to block, but I feel pretty safe that I won't have to look up the recipe again.

I like the "Sir" thing........

I would put the emphasis on "desire".....

Nothing worse then the Em-Pha-Sis on the wrong Syl-La-Ble.....

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all comes down to key player injuries. That's simply all there is to it.

No way the Patriots would have beaten the previous year's Seahawks....hell even Jeremy Lane might have tipped the balance this year. A healthy Gronk in Pats/Giants SB two might have done it.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think that week 6 meeting between Pats and Colts the Colts will do better?

"New England earned its sixth-straight win over its AFC adversary Sunday night in Foxborough, rolling to a comprehensive 45-7 win and booking a spot in the Super Bowl against the Seattle Seahawks."

with deflated balls !

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand why the over-rated Ravens are rated 13th.
I don't understand why the Patriots are not ranked 3rd - in front of Indy.....
Obvious, because if Brady hadn't cheated the colts would have....

Still lost by a billion. Fucking idiot. :L

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"average" offensive line lol the Seahawks offensive line is laughable at best, abysmal at worst.

We have one guy who would actually start on a good offensive line.

I think the Graham trade was good for Sea, but maybe the above and Graham's contract are why some didn't, like the writer.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Graham trade was good for Sea, but maybe the above and Graham's contract are why some didn't, like the writer.

My concerns are two fold:

1. Seattle doesn't throw the ball nearly as much as New Orleans does. Graham will not have NEARLY the amount of targets or the statistics he had in New Orleans.

2. The Seahawks wasted Zach Miller during his entire contract by keeping him in to pass block, something they'll likely have to do once again considering the poor state of the Seahawks offensive line. The only player on that offensive line I'd say even qualifies as average or better is Russell Okung, the remainder are replacement level players at best.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obvious, because if Brady hadn't cheated the colts would have....

Still lost by a billion. Fucking idiot. :L

Substitute "Ravens" in Southie's comment with "team I fear most" and you can understand why NE fans always bringing in the Ravens to the comments. Gottem where we want them... :pound:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Seattle doesn't throw the ball nearly as much as New Orleans does. Graham will not have NEARLY the amount of targets or the statistics he had in New Orleans.

2. The Seahawks wasted Zach Miller during his entire contract by keeping him in to pass block, something they'll likely have to do once again considering the poor state of the Seahawks offensive line. The only player on that offensive line I'd say even qualifies as average or better is Russell Okung, the remainder are replacement level players at best.

While I agree with #1, I think what you are leaving out is the red zone impact. It won't be the quantity that he had in NO. But if he delivers double digit TDs I think the impact will be the same. Sea doesn't need him to catch 100 balls, just be the huge mismatch he is when it's needed most.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,054.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at the cards at 6th and the Giants at 21. I guarantee that needs to be reversed

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A Seahawks fan I find it hard to disagree with....

Curiouser and curiouser.......

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the list is ok, but the Bears are ranked too high. Honestly, I don't see them winning more than 2-3 games.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Seattle was throwing the ball as much as NO and he wasn't producing at the same level, then that would be a concern. But as long as he shifts the dynamic of the RZ offense, it's a great addition. The Hawks don't need to utilize him like NO did for him to be a big impact.

And I wouldn't say they wasted Zach Miller. They won a ton of games with that gameplan. The difference now will be, where Miller lined up as an extra lineman and blocked his defender head on, Graham will move around and draw his defenders out of the box and away from the run play.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all one man's opinion. Elliott Harrison, to be specific. Not really the "NFL's" rankings.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking the Jets Power Ranking just did a jaw dropping plunge today... but that's just me.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the list is ok, but the Bears are ranked too high. Honestly, I don't see them winning more than 2-3 games.

Dan Hampton disagrees with you. He is thinking 11 wins, likes what he's seeing on both sides of the ball at camp. Think the Bears have put together the best coaching staff in the entire league. :noidea:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Hampton disagrees with you. He is thinking 11 wins, likes what he's seeing on both sides of the ball at camp. Think the Bears have put together the best coaching staff in the entire league. :noidea:

Dan needs to be checked for prior concussions.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dan might be predicting a 3 year forecast.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks are a great team and should be favored in rankings this year.
Their O-line is not their strong suit, as you say. Not gaping holes, just a bunch of "average" guys......

I think that the Seahawks and Packers will go at it again this year for a spot in the Super Bowl. I think the Hawks OL is better than average. They certainly can open holes for Lynch. Wilson doesn't spend a lot of time on his back either.