• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL should look at this policy

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually weed did not become illegal in the US until the 1930's and even then it wasnt strictly enforced until the 70's. Now we have spent BILLIONS of dollars trying to police it. The say no to drugs boom kicked in around 86 with Nancy Reagan. As we dont really have stats from the 1906 to 1930's period we have no idea what portion of the populace smoked when it was Legal.

And I agree Business should set the rules they want you to go by.. when you are on the clock. What you do in your personal time, as long as it does not harm or hinder operations is and should be on you. The idea that a business has the right to screen your personal behavior on your own time is antiquated at best, draconian at worst. Hell 30 years ago a single mom couldnt get a job because she was a single mom. That enacted laws saying companies can not base familial status as a reason to not hire some one. IM no fan of the single mommy movement, but I always thought that was a load of crap.

Weed has never been as common as alcohol because alcohol is easier to make than it is to grow weed, at least in the north. I think we can all assume this to be true.

When you make millions and don't have set work hours, how do you determine the clock? When you are a high profile person, you are on the clock 100% of the time. Should Ray Rice have been suspended? He wasn't on the clock when he decked his girl? If they didn't suspend him, it would have cost them millions of dollars.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Trent Williams bad......................Brian Cushing good"

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weed has never been as common as alcohol because alcohol is easier to make than it is to grow weed, at least in the north. I think we can all assume this to be true.

When you make millions and don't have set work hours, how do you determine the clock? When you are a high profile person, you are on the clock 100% of the time. Should Ray Rice have been suspended? He wasn't on the clock when he decked his girl? If they didn't suspend him, it would have cost them millions of dollars.

We have no idea how common wed was when they made it illegal. But my guess is, there were enough people smoking it to want to make it illegal in the first place. Remember we are talking about the same government who provided its fighting men with morphine in their battle packs up until the mid 70's knowing full well the risks of addiction and the commonality of overdose even WHEN it was used in accordance with its intended use (battle field wounds mostly).

As for always being on the clock, yes and no. If your behavior reflects badly on the company, they have every right to take action. But unless I missed it some where, I didnt see the report of Trent Williams kicking some one ass in a Taco Bell on a weed fueled munchies high. IN fact, aside from Ricky Williams, I cant remember the last player to be high in public being reported. Drunk yes, drunk and stupid... Johnny Numb nutz comes to mind. But high???

As far as the production aspect. Yes you can crank out beer by the gallon on a daily basis. Hell there are factories for it that take up multiple city blocks. But as for the good stuff, Rum Tequila or a good double malt scotch..... takes about as long to produce a barrel of the good stuff as it does to produce a harvest of weed.

Facts:

From Raw Agave to Epicurean Elixir. It takes at least eight years to make a bottle of tequila, sometimes as long as 20.

The time from seed to smokable harvest averages 3-3.5 months for me with a strain like Northern Lights, where I grow the plants for 3-4 weeks in the vegetative stage, growing with cheap, regular CFL lights in coco coir, and with that setup I can get a few easy ounces per plant.

The me in that clip refers to the author of the article I clipped from. I am not nor have I ever grown my own Marijuana. Just to be clear. :D

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have no idea how common wed was when they made it illegal. But my guess is, there were enough people smoking it to want to make it illegal in the first place. Remember we are talking about the same government who provided its fighting men with morphine in their battle packs up until the mid 70's knowing full well the risks of addiction and the commonality of overdose even WHEN it was used in accordance with its intended use (battle field wounds mostly).

As for always being on the clock, yes and no. If your behavior reflects badly on the company, they have every right to take action. But unless I missed it some where, I didnt see the report of Trent Williams kicking some one ass in a Taco Bell on a weed fueled munchies high. IN fact, aside from Ricky Williams, I cant remember the last player to be high in public being reported. Drunk yes, drunk and stupid... Johnny Numb nutz comes to mind. But high???

As far as the production aspect. Yes you can crank out beer by the gallon on a daily basis. Hell there are factories for it that take up multiple city blocks. But as for the good stuff, Rum Tequila or a good double malt scotch..... takes about as long to produce a barrel of the good stuff as it does to produce a harvest of weed.

Facts:

From Raw Agave to Epicurean Elixir. It takes at least eight years to make a bottle of tequila, sometimes as long as 20.

The time from seed to smokable harvest averages 3-3.5 months for me with a strain like Northern Lights, where I grow the plants for 3-4 weeks in the vegetative stage, growing with cheap, regular CFL lights in coco coir, and with that setup I can get a few easy ounces per plant.

The me in that clip refers to the author of the article I clipped from. I am not nor have I ever grown my own Marijuana. Just to be clear. :D
Good thing you clarified that......I was already heading to my car to come to FLA for a visit.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing you clarified that......I was already heading to my car to come to FLA for a visit.

Just head up to DC. IM pretty sure there are a few Skins fans with potted plants on the back porch. @Breed can probably point you to some one since I think he is still in DC. Not that I think he smokes or any thing. LOL

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just head up to DC. IM pretty sure there are a few Skins fans with potted plants on the back porch. @Breed can probably point you to some one since I think he is still in DC. Not that I think he smokes or any thing. LOL
Sounds like a plan! should I just go door to door saying I know you?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Facts:

Missing body parts...I would probably want some morphine too.

So is the military on the clock?

Hahaha...yes but alcohol can be made year round and barley is a stronger grain.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missing body parts...I would probably want some morphine too.

So is the military on the clock?

Hahaha...yes but alcohol can be made year round and barley is a stronger grain.

You miss my point, or ignore it on purpose. There were plenty of GI's who came home addicted to Morphine with no other injuries to speak of.

IM a military man, and the way they treated the enlisted at times.. they are always on the clock as far as Im concerned.

And depending on where you are in the world, Weed can be grown year round, its cheaper to produce. You dont find it the least bit odd that 60% of the pot in this country comes from south America. Approximately 40% of what is illegally imported is siezed or otherwise doesnt make it to the street, and yet drug lords still make a more than healthy profit??

Hell the only thing cheaper to import and make a profit is tools made in China. LOL

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You miss my point, or ignore it on purpose. There were plenty of GI's who came home addicted to Morphine with no other injuries to speak of.

IM a military man, and the way they treated the enlisted at times.. they are always on the clock as far as Im concerned.

And depending on where you are in the world, Weed can be grown year round, its cheaper to produce. You dont find it the least bit odd that 60% of the pot in this country comes from south America. Approximately 40% of what is illegally imported is siezed or otherwise doesnt make it to the street, and yet drug lords still make a more than healthy profit??

Hell the only thing cheaper to import and make a profit is tools made in China. LOL

Ignoring it. I get your point but it was essentially prescription medication that hooked them. I also understand that is your point as well.

I am a military man as well. I think officers are over paid and enlisted are underpaid. I also think we need to do away with twenty year retirements if they haven't already.

Slave labor. 60% because it is illegal. Just had a funny thought. A fire in a marijuana field would be a helluva forest fire.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignoring it. I get your point but it was essentially prescription medication that hooked them. I also understand that is your point as well.

I am a military man as well. I think officers are over paid and enlisted are underpaid. I also think we need to do away with twenty year retirements if they haven't already.

Slave labor. 60% because it is illegal. Just had a funny thought. A fire in a marijuana field would be a helluva forest fire.

We agree way more than we disagree... not sure if thats a good thing or not.

As for the Military retirement. 20+ should earn it. But I also think they need to up the benefits for service connect disability both physical and mental.

ON the slave labor thing, well we would get rid of that entire market (at least for weed) if its legal, grown here and affordable.

Sadly street dealers will still have a market even if its legal because just like everything else, once Uncle Sam gets his tax fix on, shit that should cost $1 triples in price.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We agree way more than we disagree... not sure if thats a good thing or not.

As for the Military retirement. 20+ should earn it. But I also think they need to up the benefits for service connect disability both physical and mental.

ON the slave labor thing, well we would get rid of that entire market (at least for weed) if its legal, grown here and affordable.

Sadly street dealers will still have a market even if its legal because just like everything else, once Uncle Sam gets his tax fix on, shit that should cost $1 triples in price.

Honestly, I think it just means we think freely through processes.

We disagree on military retirement. When it was created, you work for 20 years but die at 50. You might get 15-20 years of retirement pay. Now we die at 80. Working for 20 and collecting retirement for another 50 doesn't sound right to me.

We have beat weed to death already.

Personally, I am for a flat national sales tax.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I am for a flat national sales tax.

Never happen. To many people with a vested interest in the April 15th business model.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We now live in a society where

1. Getting a good education will likely have you in debt to the government and the banks for between 10-30 years of your productive healthy life span.

2. 80% or more of the "LEGAL" pain killers will relieve your pain, but likely shorten your life span, run the risk of real addiction. And fully 100% of the mental health drugs that are legal will either help you.. or make you suicidal and or Homicidal. (oh yea, and they cost 10 times as much because they are "LEGAL")

3. The concept of marriage and fidelity are more a temporary thing than a life long commitment. Add to that, our children have become more a tax write off or a source of income.

4. Our government that is supposed to serve the people is doing everything it can to enslave the people irrespective of color.

5. And lastly, unless you are a part of the elite classes, you are most likely 3-5 years away from broke and homeless for about 70% of the country.

But legalizing weed, that right thee is going to be the straw that breaks the camels back and destroys our society as we know it.

Who knew. :suds:

This would be hilarious if it were not so sad (and true)

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never happen. To many people with a vested interest in the April 15th business model.

You aren't kidding.

I wonder how many people the IRS employ? Hold on.

Looked it up. Just under 100,000. With a national sales tax, we could probably get by with 1,000 even with the government running things.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post 23 Shark. You specifically said gateway theory was proven to be a crook.

I then said it has never been disproven.

There is an absolute correlation between alcohol and other drugs. There is an absolute correlation between marijuana and other drugs.

Might I add that there are absolute correlations between alcohol and drug use when depression, pregnancy, dead end jobs, weekends, dating, greed, wealth, poverty, and any other human condition imaginable.

The real question is not legality, as one if not the only medically trained poster here, I can assure everyone that there's not a known drug that is not included in every accepted medical Pharmacopeia or formulary on the planet. This includes Cocaine......see:
United States Pharmacopeia - Official Site
https://www.usp.org

and or this

Formulary | definition of formulary by Medical dictionary

medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/formulary
) and other psychogenic ingredients.

The question is control and abuse. Rush Limbaugh gave us some insight into how abuse and to a lesser extent control can be manipulated when he ventured into "Doctor shopping" as a method to continue his addictive use of Oxycodone. This is what happens in the so called "mainstream." The rest of the country relies upon a more direct route in which they get their support. This method of supply and demand to date is illegal. The supporting question is why? Answering that question leads us directly into "Control." and has a number of economic and social off-spring that looks a bit further into how we treat/relate and/or abuse one another.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren't kidding.

I wonder how many people the IRS employ? Hold on.

Looked it up. Just under 100,000. With a national sales tax, we could probably get by with 1,000 even with the government running things.

I was thinking more along the lines of Intuit (makers of Turbo Tax), Jackson Hewitt, H&R block. tax preparation is a multi billion dollar industry.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking more along the lines of Intuit (makers of Turbo Tax), Jackson Hewitt, H&R block. tax preparation is a multi billion dollar industry.

To me that is a little different. That is why I don't think they will clean up the tax code.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Facts:

Actually we do have information on the popularity of MJ prior to it being moved to the illegal realm.

The Illegalization of Marijuana: A Brief History | Origins ...
origins.osu.edu/article/illegalization-marijuana-brief-history

AND THEN THERE'S THIS:

The Forgotten History of Hemp Cultivation in America
www.farmcollector.com/farm-life/strategic-fibers

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might I add that there are absolute correlations between alcohol and drug use when depression, pregnancy, dead end jobs, weekends, dating, greed, wealth, poverty, and any other human condition imaginable.

The real question is not legality, as one if not the only medically trained poster here, I can assure everyone that there's not a known drug that is not included in every accepted medical Pharmacopeia or formulary on the planet. This includes Cocaine......see:
United States Pharmacopeia - Official Site
https://www.usp.org

and or this

Formulary | definition of formulary by Medical dictionary

medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/formulary
) and other psychogenic ingredients.

The question is control and abuse. Rush Limbaugh gave us some insight into how abuse and to a lesser extent control can be manipulated when he ventured into "Doctor shopping" as a method to continue his addictive use of Oxycodone. This is what happens in the so called "mainstream." The rest of the country relies upon a more direct route in which they get their support. This method of supply and demand to date is illegal. The supporting question is why? Answering that question leads us directly into "Control." and has a number of economic and social off-spring that looks a bit further into how we treat/relate and/or abuse one another.

Good post. I also think that Tiger Woods' recent issues raised some eyes on your pt. Everything he was taking was legal & quite possibly prescribed for him. However he was extremely irresponsible by mixing all of these drugs at once & getting behind the wheel, tearing up his car & getting a DUI. A lesser known & less well off person would probably have incurred a much bigger penalty (& I am saying this as a Tiger fan).

IMO - as you imply - taking any of these substances is not the issue. The issue is abuse & following all guidelines & control. Example - a functioning drunk (there are many) is no better than say a habitual pot user. The issue is the abuse & underlying issues - not the substance.