• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Scouting Combine notes

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Onterio McCalebb's time will most likely not hold up when NFLN makes their times official. They did the simulcam of McCalebb and Goodwin and Goodwin beat McCalebb by about a head/shoulder.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ellington has one of the strongest bursts I've seen on the field.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NFL Network Official RB 40 times

Onterio McCalebb - 4.34
Knile Davis - 4.37
Kerwynn Williams - 4.48
Johnathan Franklin - 4.49
Michael Ford - 4.50
Kenjon Barner - 4.52
D.J. Harper - 4.52
Giovani Bernard - 4.53
Mike James - 4.53
Christine Michael - 4.54
Mike Gillislee - 4.55
Zac Stacy - 4.55
Matthew Tucker - 4.55
Cierre Wood - 4.56
C.J. Anderson - 4.60
Le'Veon Bell - 4.60
Andre Ellington - 4.61 (Note: Slowed down in last 5 yards due to injury)
Joseph Randle - 4.63
Montee Ball - 4.66
Montel Harris - 4.68
Jawan Jamison - 4.68
Stefphon Jefferson - 4.68
Theo Riddick - 4.68 (Only ran once)
Lonnie Pryor - 4.70
Rex Burkhead - 4.73
George Winn - 4.75
Stepfa'n Taylor - 4.76
Zach Line - 4.77
Ray Graham - 4.80
Robbie Rouse - 4.80
Braden Wilson - 4.81
Tommy Bohanon - 4.88
Zach Boren - 5.00

Eddie Lacy - DNR
Marcus Lattimore - DNR
Miguel Maysonet - DNR
Chris Thompson - DNR
Spencer Ware - DNR

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His greatest attributes are his vision and agility. His career is going to be entirely dictated by the team that drafts him. If they have a great O-Line, he'll have a pretty productive NFL career. If he gets picked by a team where he is getting hit before he has a chance to build any momentum, he won't do anything.

That's why I am hoping he goes to you guys. Taking in the 2nd or 3rd to be a long-term replacement for Gore who is teamed with LMJ would be the perfect situation for him.

I can kinda see that. Gore doesn't run the 40 fast either, yet he's very productive.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4.8 officially for Graham? Ouch. There has to be something up with that.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So how is Patterson a better athlete than Hunter? Hunter beat him in everything except the 40, in which he timed .02 worse.

Also a 4.34 for Austin? Jesus. One of the most explosive athletes I've ever seen on the field in terms of change of pace/direction. But I always thought he was more quick twitch than straight line, so that 40 time is GREAT for him.

It's too bad now though that he won't come near 31.

No one ever said he was a better athlete. Everyone said he was a better football player. Hunter had a track scholarship too. So he was supposed to do that. He was pegged to be one of the people that was going to blow the combine up.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Clyde and Bingo, are your opinions about Justin Hunter really that different? Or did I misinterpret something. One says top 10, the other says 3rd-4th round.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Clyde and Bingo, are your opinions about Justin Hunter really that different? Or did I misinterpret something. One says top 10, the other says 3rd-4th round.

I was referring to Goodwin. Someone asked if Goodwin was going to be available in the 2nd round.

Hunter is a late 1st round pick. Based on what he did today he is going to be overdrafted. He should be an early to mid 2nd round pick. Everything he did today, Stephen Hill did as well last year, but better. Hunter is a much more polished receiver than Hill was. Hill has a much better upside and better hands. Hunter could be a very good #2 receiver in the league. No where close to be relied upon to be a #1 receiver on any squad. He simply does not have "it".

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was referring to Goodwin. Someone asked if Goodwin was going to be available in the 2nd round.

Hunter is a late 1st round pick. Based on what he did today he is going to be overdrafted. He should be an early to mid 2nd round pick. Everything he did today, Stephen Hill did as well last year, but better. Hunter is a much more polished receiver than Hill was. Hill has a much better upside and better hands. Hunter could be a very good #2 receiver in the league. No where close to be relied upon to be a #1 receiver on any squad. He simply does not have "it".

Would you guys use a 4th round pick on Goodwin? He would replace Ginn.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never mind. I'm sure the Raiders will draft Goodwin in the 1st round. LOL.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So how is Patterson a better athlete than Hunter? Hunter beat him in everything except the 40, in which he timed .02 worse.

Also a 4.34 for Austin? Jesus. One of the most explosive athletes I've ever seen on the field in terms of change of pace/direction. But I always thought he was more quick twitch than straight line, so that 40 time is GREAT for him.

It's too bad now though that he won't come near 31.

Exactly. Patterson should be a 2nd round pick now.

Hunter probably made his way into the 1st with his performance. There goes my hope of landing him in the 2nd. :(

By the way, your boy Dobson didn't run; that's probably good for the Niners if they're targeting him.

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Would you guys use a 4th round pick on Goodwin? He would replace Ginn.

All depends on who we add in the offseason. Josh Cribbs? Percy Harvin? Most importantly the players we have added from round 1 though round 3 would give me a better idea on whether or not I would use a pick on him on the 4th. What if Jarvis Jones is there or Marcus Lattimore or Tyran Mathiew, would you pass on them in the 4th fourth for Goodwin.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would love to get our hands on Hunter. He seems to be just what we need in the way of a deep threat, the fact that he is 6'4" and can just doesn't hurt either.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Hunter probably made his way into the 1st with his performance. There goes my hope of landing him in the 2nd. :(

How much money you want to bet that Patterson will be drafted before Hunter?

Honestly I think Marques Wilson is a better receiver than Hunter, and Wilson should be there in the 3rd or 4th round.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I would love to get our hands on Hunter. He seems to be just what we need in the way of a deep threat, the fact that he is 6'4" and can just doesn't hurt either.

Plus the best vertical at the combine w/ 39.5 & really long arms. I was hoping to land him in the 2nd, but now he won't even be there at 31. I'm sad. I wish he had just a good combine instead of a great one.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

By the way, your boy Dobson didn't run; that's probably good for the Niners if they're targeting him.

Lol Patterson has about the same chance of being a 2nd round pick as we do of landing Hunter in the 3rd.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus the best vertical at the combine w/ 39.5 & really long arms. I was hoping to land him in the 2nd, but now he won't even be there at 31. I'm sad. I wish he had just a good combine instead of a great one.

There is still a chance of him being there in the 1st for us. Patterson is stil the first WR taken probably by the Rams and I believe that Austin will follow. I'm expecting him to be there at 31.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All depends on who we add in the offseason. Josh Cribbs? Percy Harvin? Most importantly the players we have added from round 1 though round 3 would give me a better idea on whether or not I would use a pick on him on the 4th. What if Jarvis Jones is there or Marcus Lattimore or Tyran Mathiew, would you pass on them in the 4th fourth for Goodwin.

I would take all of those guys over Goodwin. He has potential to be a decent deep threat, but Goodwin's probably only going to be a return man in the NFL.