• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Playoffs--doesn't this make more sense?

How would you seed the NFL Playoffs?

• 4 division winners granted seeds 1-4, wildcards 5-6.

Votes: 25 78.1%
  • 4 division winners, 2 wildcards, seed them by W-L record 1 thru 6.

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Top 6 teams in each conference; seeded by W-L record 1 thru 6 (division winner could miss playoffs).

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, the system is set up the way it is now to emphasize the importance of division play. If you take that away, you might as well not even have divisions like I said.

Small correction...the system is set up the way it is now to emphasize the importance of what division play used to be. Division play is now the minority of the season (as compared to non-division play). I just want the rewards to reflect that change.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Small correction...the system is set up the way it is now to emphasize the importance of what division play used to be. Division play is now the minority of the season (as compared to non-division play). I just want the rewards to reflect that change.
It's 6 out of 16 games, plus you play 8 out of the other 10 games against the same teams as everyone else in the division. It's still important.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not backwards at all. The goal at the beginning of the season is to win your division. Do you think the Packers were thinking at the beginning of the season, "Gee, I hope we finish with a better record than the Redskins"? Of course not, they were concerned with winning their division.
That's because they know the reward for winning the division is a home game as opposed to being rewarded with having the better record. A team that doesn't win their division then must be 1 of 2 teams with a better record than 10 other teams to qualify for the playoffs. Then, they should be seeded 1-6 by W-L record. Plain and simple. I don't buy this weak/strong division talk. These are the PROS.

I assume many of you disagree with what the NBA has done. I applaud them.