• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL players COVID alerts

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

49ers placed WR Brandon Aiyuk on the reserve/COVID-19 list and he will miss Thursday's Week 9's game against the Packers.​

Deebo Samuel and LT Trent Williams join Aiyuk on the COVID-19 list as close contacts to Kendrick Bourne, who was previously ruled out. Samuel was already set to miss the game, but the 49ers now will be without their top two wide receivers and best left tackle. It is fair to question how this game is moving forward as planned on Thursday night and, if it is indeed played, who will catch passes from Nick Mullens. The 49ers are down to Trent Taylor and Richie James at the position on the active roster, but three names on the practice squad

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the Dolphins are in COVID-19 protocols after an assistant coach tested positive.​

Friday's practice has been changed to a walkthrough and the Dolphins are undergoing contact tracing. For now, Sunday's game against the Cardinals remains on track to be played.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Steelers had a staff member test positive for COVID-19 on Saturday.​

They'll have to pass through COVID protocols and contact tracing before playing Sunday. There was concern after Pittsburgh played the Ravens and CB Marlon Humphrey last week, who tested positive for the virus, but this doesn't look related. The Steelers travel to Dallas in Week 9.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots Fined $350,000 for Cam Newton "Covid Violatoin".

The New England Patriots were hit with a $350K fine Saturday by the NFL for Cam Newton becoming affected by Covid-19 in October. Needless to say, Bob Kraft has put his legal team on high alert and is waiting for every other team to be hit with an equal fine for every player that has been affected. NFL can't say that the patriots affected Cam on purpose or that can went out and found a way to catch it in violation of the NFL rules.

Now the wait is on to see if the ravens get whacked for 12 players and 3 staff and two game moves. $350K x 15 = $5.25M (If my calculator ids correct). Bronco, 3 x $350K = $1.05M. Where is the fine money going? Commissioner's Super Bowl Party Fund? How about to NFL cities free health clinics to make sure they have enough vaccine to go around?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The New England Patriots were hit with a $350K fine Saturday by the NFL for Cam Newton becoming affected by Covid-19 in October. Needless to say, Bob Kraft has put his legal team on high alert and is waiting for every other team to be hit with an equal fine for every player that has been affected. NFL can't say that the patriots affected Cam on purpose or that can went out and found a way to catch it in violation of the NFL rules.

Now the wait is on to see if the ravens get whacked for 12 players and 3 staff and two game moves. $350K x 15 = $5.25M (If my calculator ids correct). Bronco, 3 x $350K = $1.05M. Where is the fine money going? Commissioner's Super Bowl Party Fund? How about to NFL cities free health clinics to make sure they have enough vaccine to go around?

Patriots (or their fans) complaining about how the league handles things is the funniest shit ever.

Good luck with Kraft's lawyers, HAHAHA

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dont fret they are coming

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Saints have been fined $500K and a 2021 seventh-round draft pick for "post-game maskless celebrations," after their Week 9 win over the Buccaneers.​

The Saints were previously fined for mask usage violations and the NFL has already established the precedent of taking away draft picks after the second infraction. A seventh-round pick isn't worthless but NFL teams continue to be lax with their usage of masks, distancing, and symptom reporting. The NFL may need to hit a team with more than a Day 3 pick removal to get better results from their new rules.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Panthers placed Curtis Samuel on the reserve/COVID list.​

Carolina also moved D.J. Moore, DT Derrick Brown, DT Zach Kerr, LB Shaq Thompson, OT Greg Little, and P Michael Palardy to the COVID list with rookie Yetur Gross-Matos and practice squad DT Bruce Hector, the latter two who were designated there during Carolina's bye week. It's unclear whom, if any, among the group tested positive, or if all were simply victims of close-contact tracing. That will likely be announced (aka cracked) towards the end of the week, putting whomever tested positive in doubt for Week 14 against the Broncos

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well he lasted long :suds:

Dolphins placed RB Myles Gaskin on the reserve/COVID-19 list.​

Good grief. With Salvon Ahmed (shoulder) and Matt Breida (COVID-19) already out, DeAndre Washington will lead the Dolphins' backfield despite some limited practices this week with his hamstring issue. He will be backed up by Patrick Laird and practice squad promotee Elijah McGuire. Provided his hamstring is good to go, Washington will be in line for at least 12-14 touches, and quite likely more. He is a FLEX who could push for RB2 status in the first week of the fantasy playoffs. As for Gaskin, he could return for Week 15 if he is merely a "close contact." If he's COVID positive, he will be ineligible to suit up before Week 16.