• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL news thread

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD told JP Finlay he saw a blitz they weren't ready for on the funky miss to Terry. My bad, good play by Daniels.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My desire is to watch Washington but not to over spend to watch. Years ago when I was living in NY I paid for the Sunday ticket so I could watch Washington.

My plan this year is to watch Washington. I have yet to see a game on Peacock. I'll watch what is available but I am not going to give them more money. If that means missing some games then so be it.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My desire is to watch Washington but not to over spend to watch. Years ago when I was living in NY I paid for the Sunday ticket so I could watch Washington.

My plan this year is to watch Washington. I have yet to see a game on Peacock. I'll watch what is available but I am not going to give them more money. If that means missing some games then so be it.
Try the vcee box

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Join facebook and then look for the following facebook private groips:

Hog talk nation
Bleeding Burgandy and Gold

Both have somebody who streams the games for free on facebook live.

One of them has a paypal account if you want to contribute to them.

One of the groups has giveaways too.

Although they often comment on the game as it is streaming, and some people find it annoying, I gladly contributed my share for the ability to watch the game without giving the nfl any more of my money.

One of the streams is a cam recording, but the other one is taken directly from Youtube I believe, and is crystal clear.

Either way, sure beats paying for sunday ticket.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEWS FLASH;
NFL players are becoming increasingly frustrated with NFL team owners who refuse to acknowledge how much players value maximizing their earning potential in careers that typically end in less than 4-5 years after their rookie contracts. (QBs excepted)

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEWS FLASH;
NFL players are becoming increasingly frustrated with NFL team owners who refuse to acknowledge how much players value maximizing their earning potential in careers that typically end in less than 4-5 years after their rookie contracts. (QBs excepted)
They don't like it when the tail wags the dog.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't like it when the tail wags the dog.
So, they have no sense of history? Free agency began in 1961, and the players, their representatives, and union have grown smarter as the years passed.

For those of you who don't know or can't recall it.

It wasn't until R.C. Owens, a talented 49ers receiver who introduced the sports world to the term “alley-oop,” played out his option year in 1961 and became the NFL's first free agent.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, they have no sense of history? Free agency began in 1961, and the players, their representatives, and union have grown smarter as the years passed.

For those of you who don't know or can't recall it.

It wasn't until R.C. Owens, a talented 49ers receiver who introduced the sports world to the term “alley-oop,” played out his option year in 1961 and became the NFL's first free agent.
Free agency definitely changed the game. Gibbs saw the writing on the wall and knew he was going to have to break the team up.

Gibbs would rather retire than ask Art Monk and Gary Clark for their playbooks.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owners are their own worst enemies when it comes to paying too much for players. Especially since the NFLPA became smarter and got a lot deeper into owners pockets. Good for the players in this case.

Players not honoring contracts is a problem and one I myself do not like. The games Aiyuk is playing are ridiculous. The idea that next man up should make more money than the previous guy is stupid. Many of these guys are not as guys who they insist on being paid more than.

If you get drafted you'll make at least 2-3 million dollars over that period depending on guarantees. How many other people make that kind of money?

It might sound like I am pro-owner and nothing could be more true. I coached for and against young men who went on to play at some level and I was always rooting for them. Their careers are often short.

At the same time some players are getting paid stupid money now. Now owners can afford to keep a few very high paid players and let others walk. Team building is harder than ever. JMO but there needs to be a middle ground. If Daniels is who we all hope and think he might be what is he worth in 5 years .... $70-$90 million a year?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owners are their own worst enemies when it comes to paying too much for players. Especially since the NFLPA became smarter and got a lot deeper into owners pockets. Good for the players in this case.

Players not honoring contracts is a problem and one I myself do not like. The games Aiyuk is playing are ridiculous. The idea that next man up should make more money than the previous guy is stupid. Many of these guys are not as guys who they insist on being paid more than.

If you get drafted you'll make at least 2-3 million dollars over that period depending on guarantees. How many other people make that kind of money?

It might sound like I am pro-owner and nothing could be more true. I coached for and against young men who went on to play at some level and I was always rooting for them. Their careers are often short.

At the same time some players are getting paid stupid money now. Now owners can afford to keep a few very high paid players and let others walk. Team building is harder than ever. JMO but there needs to be a middle ground. If Daniels is who we all hope and think he might be what is he worth in 5 years .... $70-$90 million a year?
I agree with most of your post, but players for years have signed backloaded contracts to help the team out and as soon as it's time to collect, that player gets cut.

NFL is so dangerous and the life span is so short. Going out there on a one year deal is a gamble many aren't willing to take. I get that Kirk did it, but I don't fault players who don't.

To your point, what Trent is doing and what Hassan Reddick are doing is crazy.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most of your post, but players for years have signed backloaded contracts to help the team out and as soon as it's time to collect, that player gets cut.

NFL is so dangerous and the life span is so short. Going out there on a one year deal is a gamble many aren't willing to take. I get that Kirk did it, but I don't fault players who don't.

To your point, what Trent is doing and what Hassan Reddick are doing is crazy.
I agree that a few years back when players were getting 6-7 year contracts but being cut after 3-4 years was tough. That was disingenuous. Some years back a young player I knew who played for SF received a big contract. I told him then ..... put some away, this is not always going to be there. A couple of years later he had a bad knee injury and was gone a couple of years after that.

Another guy I knew who went to MD and played for the Jets and Raiders would come and help coach our games. The kids loved him but they teased him because he had a Nissan Z up on blocks because he couldn't afford to fix it. Thankfully he found a way to use his previous career to make some money.

I don't mean this to be mean but fans here and elsewhere are big with the "he sucks and should be cut." They have no idea how hard these kids worked to even get a tryout. A few years ago a WR who went to Maryland got picked up as a UDFA. He didn't have NFL skills but he wasn't far. I rooted my ass off for him. He didn't make it but he got a chance.

This story doesn't fit here but I saw the same thing with a lot of local boxers from PG County. They worked their asses off trying to make it. A couple made it, you know of one from Palmer Park and not sure if you were still in MD when Bowe lived down your way .... they made it big. It was hilarious to walk into Giant and see Riddick shadow boxing with some old lady. smiling and laughing the entire time while having fun with her. Another guy I know was light heavyweight and fault Dwight Muhammad Qwai after starting 13-0. He lost big time. He passed a couple of years ago, he was punch drunk, broke etc. Hell of a nice guy with a punch that put you to sleep.