• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL news thread

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not the point
I mean there's a large delineation between winning 7 SBs compared to the next must at your position being 4

Especially at a position like QB where you're the primary focus of the offense

I'm not sure you can really compare other positions re titles. But even if you could none of those guys you listed have the most rings at their position anyways, savemaybe Gronk, who is also privacy the only other guy on the list you could argue as the GOAY of his position

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though I'm turning 50 in April, I understand there are some OG's on this board and I will always show deference when called for. You, Sportster, and I think PDay could have some football conversations that I wouldn't be able to participate in. Respect.

That's part of the reason I continue to post here. My bother is in Ohio now and my dad is no longer here. Always cool to hear about players and old Skins stories. I had no idea Bart called his own plays.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons acquired EDGE Matthew Judon from the Patriots in exchange for a third-round pick.
Just days after it was reported Judon had multiple teams inquiring about him, Bleacher Report’s Jordan Schultz reports the Patriots are finalizing a trade to send him to the Falcons. He is entering the final year of his deal, set to make a base salary of $6.5 million. Judon was a brief hold-in to Patriots camp and now gets dealt. The Falcons presumably would be willing to give Judon a larger contract than the Patriots were and get the four-time Pro Bowler to bulk up their pass rush. ESPN’s Adam Schefter adds the Falcons are sending a third-round pick to the Patriots in return. While the Falcons do not yet have a new contract in place with Judon, he has been practicing with the Patriots and this is unlikely to turn into a situation like Haason Reddick’s with the Jets. Judon will be 32 at the start of the season, performing at a high level in New England with 32 sacks in 38 games. He previously spent five productive seasons with the Ravens. The Falcons now add Judon to wreak havoc as the most experienced edge rusher on the team.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons acquired EDGE Matthew Judon from the Patriots in exchange for a third-round pick.
Just days after it was reported Judon had multiple teams inquiring about him, Bleacher Report’s Jordan Schultz reports the Patriots are finalizing a trade to send him to the Falcons. He is entering the final year of his deal, set to make a base salary of $6.5 million. Judon was a brief hold-in to Patriots camp and now gets dealt. The Falcons presumably would be willing to give Judon a larger contract than the Patriots were and get the four-time Pro Bowler to bulk up their pass rush. ESPN’s Adam Schefter adds the Falcons are sending a third-round pick to the Patriots in return. While the Falcons do not yet have a new contract in place with Judon, he has been practicing with the Patriots and this is unlikely to turn into a situation like Haason Reddick’s with the Jets. Judon will be 32 at the start of the season, performing at a high level in New England with 32 sacks in 38 games. He previously spent five productive seasons with the Ravens. The Falcons now add Judon to wreak havoc as the most experienced edge rusher on the team.
If they sign Simmons they could be a tough out. The 49ers roster is next level though.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say no to the question. Some of those players were not elite at their positions. Those players don't have league and SB MVPs. Some of those players didn't win chips with multiple teams. Robert Horry has 7 rings but was never the best player on any of the teams he played on.

I get the question is tongue in cheek...lol

As far as Bart Starr, I really can't comment on that. That would be like me saying Bill Russell is overrated even though I never saw him play. You witnessed both Starr and Brady play so I won't push too hard on that.
Fair enough. Thanks!

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just titles for me. Leadership, clutch, had one elite WR and went 16-0. He had Gronk, but never really had WR's. Great defense for sure though.

Dont forget the kicker….saved Brady on at least three titles. Not just chilies but 50+ yarders.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure that Brady was the GOAT.

One thing he did do was help win 6 Super Bowls. Some with some luck. Bill has won NOTHING without Tom.

Is he in top, F'ing A

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont forget the kicker….saved Brady on at least three titles. Not just chilies but 50+ yarders.
True, but don't forget he led the Pats to a late TD in the SB during the 16-0 season, but the defense didn't hold.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though I'm turning 50 in April, I understand there are some OG's on this board and I will always show deference when called for. You, Sportster, and I think PDay could have some football conversations that I wouldn't be able to participate in. Respect.

That's part of the reason I continue to post here. My bother is in Ohio now and my dad is no longer here. Always cool to hear about players and old Skins stories. I had no idea Bart called his own plays.
Forget about you 63....my bad. Skinsdad as well.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does he have any connection to Ron Rivera or that bunch that came here from Carolina? I know that's wrong, but if so...pass! :eyebrows::evil:
Nah. He's a rookie and on most mock draft sites from last year he was the top rated kicker on the board. This is the guy I was hoping would break free.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that. I was kinda pissed at first, but some of those trainers talk a lot of shit while standing around. I'd like to know if that was the case. Still, that was bush league.