• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL must change OT rules

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bwahahah ATF, you can be such a bitch sometimes. again, get over yourself.
Grown men who still call others "faggots" are small men. Just is what it is.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in the NFC game it didn’t. So change the rules? I don’t want to see offenses go back and forth. Goodness just get a stop and don’t get flagged for a boneheaded offsides
The Rams don't have a pathetic defense, what can I say.

The Chiefs, patriots, fans, and refs should have all left the field, gotten on the plane, gone home to bed and we could do the coin flip this morning. Game over. That would have been more exciting.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams don't have a pathetic defense, what can I say.

The Chiefs, patriots, fans, and refs should have all left the field, gotten on the plane, gone home to bed and we could do the coin flip this morning. Game over. That would have been more exciting.

Then you don’t change rules because a team has a shitty D. And that shitty Chiefs D had Brady beat if the DE isn’t lined up in the NE backfield.

We can round and round. I think it was an evenly called game. Fair for both sides.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough shit. That's their fucking problem. Rules shouldn't be changed just because two teams suck at defense. Hell, KC would've stopped em' had dumbass Ford not been lined up in their fucking backfield.

I agree with OP...the Rule SHOULD be changed....back to the way it originally was. Sudden Death. Sack up, or go home.

Wow look at you, you're so hard. Big tough defense man. Ooooo.

Sad.

The end of that game was worthless. Pay attention.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough shit. That's their fucking problem. Rules shouldn't be changed just because two teams suck at defense. Hell, KC would've stopped em' had dumbass Ford not been lined up in their fucking backfield.

I agree with OP...the Rule SHOULD be changed....back to the way it originally was. Sudden Death. Sack up, or go home.
i didnt mind sudden death but i dont mind the new rules either.....if a team wins the toss and you cant stop them from marching down the field for 6 you deserve to lose. college ot sucks balls!! people that get excited about 7 ot games because "its so exciting" are not football fans. id be happy if college adopted nfl ot rules or even went back to no ot. play to win the game in 60 minutes or suffer the embarrassment.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So have special rules for the AFC, while a coin did not decide the game in the NFC? Seems to be cherry picking going on
Personally I would disband the AFC and improve the league.
But that's the other thread.

No cherry picking going on. The only picking was done by a coin.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a coin flip.

Personally I would disband the AFC and improve the league.
But that's the other thread.

No cherry picking going on. The only picking was done by a coin.
would you feel that way if Ford didn't line up offsides?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would any of you fruitbags be in here complaining about the OT rules, if the KC INT would have stood?

The answer is no, and you all fucking know it.

Ipso facto....you are all sore fucking losers.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would you feel that way if Ford didn't line up offsides?
Are you trying to claim Ford was the difference maker instead of the coin or are you trying to claim that ending was great?

It was an ending and that's about it.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grown men who still call others "faggots" are small men. Just is what it is.

but, when the person being called a "faggot" is acting like a "faggot", that would make the grown man correct, right?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting deja vu with this topic. Aaron Rodgers whined about this after the OT loss in Seattle in '14. Everybody was all wah, wah, wah, the superstar QB didn't get a chance. Regardless of the outcome, there is nothing wrong with the current format, imo. Hold the opponent to a FG or make a flat out stop. The Rams made a stop in the other game. Pissing and moaning about this shit is stupid

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but, when the person being called a "faggot" is acting like a "faggot", that would make the grown man correct, right?
Again - you're a very, very small man.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grown men are often correct and faggots are often faggots.

Some faggots really cry about that.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you trying to claim Ford was the difference maker instead of the coin or are you trying to claim that ending was great?

It was an ending and that's about it.
Who fucking cares if the ending was to YOUR satisfaction?

This whole coin flip ideal is so fucking gay, it should come with a rainbow-colored dildo.

Tortilla Launcher

Defense is boring
Hoopla Cash
$ 354.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the rule now... being able to just move for a FG I did think was pretty lame.. but in the NFL, your defense has to be able to play to win the game as well. So asking them to make a stop on an opening drive should be a reasonable ask.

Now if the Chiefs had gotten the ball and drove to score would they change the rule? I bet they would think about it. It took Manning losing to a FG for them to say hoooold on here. So if this would have happened to Brady?

Sure it would have been fun to see them both get a turn, but that Cheifs D is bad and it showed on the final drive and in OT.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting deja vu with this topic. Aaron Rodgers whined about this after the OT loss in Seattle in '14. Everybody was all wah, wah, wah, the superstar QB didn't get a chance. Regardless of the outcome, there is nothing wrong with the current format, imo. Hold the opponent to a FG or make a flat out stop. The Rams made a stop in the other game. Pissing and moaning about this shit is stupid
It did keep us from having to watch the Chiefs shit defense in the Super Bowl, but it allowed the Patriots shit defense into the Super Bowl so it's a wash.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It did keep us from having to watch the Chiefs shit defense in the Super Bowl, but it allowed the Patriots shit defense into the Super Bowl so it's a wash.
Hey, I would have loved to watch Mahomes in the SB as much as anybody. I'm as sick of seeing the Pats in there as most non Pats fans are but it is what it is.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both offenses were hot, with the Chiefs’ even hotter in the 2nd half. I assumed whoever won the coin toss would score a TD and win.

With the way the NFL throws it around and lights up the scoreboard nowadays (especially the best teams), it makes sense for the other team to get a shot at a TD.