• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Mock Draft

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taiwan Jones ILB MSU

STRENGTHS
Outstanding size and durability. Card-carrying tough guy with take-on traits. Looks to own the middle of the field. Happy to strike a heavy blow on offensive linemen drifting to second level. Play strength to redirect off a block and leverage gap. Heat-seeking missile as A-gap blitzer, jolting centers and/or running backs while inverting pocket. Wrap-up finisher with unexpected closing speed for his size. Well-respected leader. Moved from outside to inside linebacker and made front adjustments during 2014 season.
WEAKNESSES
Stiff, with limited change of direction in small spaces. Not very instinctive. Plays through a straw rather than with feel. Slow to see and trigger, struggling to beat offensive linemen over the top. Still learning pursuit angles from inside. Liability in man coverage and slow to drop with depth in zone. Below-average ball skills and came off field on passing downs.
NFL COMPARISON
Nico Johnson
BOTTOM LINE
Physically imposing "Hulk smash" linebacker with outstanding power and toughness but a lack of instincts essential to the position. Jones' coverage limitations could be mitigated by his ability to thump and blitz as a 3-4 inside linebacker next to a more instinctive chaser. At worst, Jones is a backup linebacker and core special-teams player.
Of the picks listed this one intrigues me the most. I guess you can't go wrong with draftingan OG either.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would probably go Golson. Ifo probably won't play this year, and we're thin at CB. Of those guys, Golson has the highest upside. If we don't go CB, I'd look at Myers. Jones doesn't have a ton of appeal as he profiles as a two-down thumper. I'd just as soon see what Skov can do in that role rather than use a 4th round pick.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My draft so far. I ended up drafting Myers cuz Golson was picked right before us. We have 3 picks left and im planning on going QB, RB and I might go CB again or TE.

SAN FRANCISCO

1.15.15 : WR - Dorial Green-Beckham - Oklahoma
2.14.46 : DT - Michael Bennett - Ohio St.
3.15.79 : CB - Ifo Ekpre-Olomu - Oregon
4.27.126 : OG - Robert Myers - Tennessee St.
4.33.132 : ILB - Taiwan Jones - Michigan St.
5.15.151 : WR - Stefon Diggs - Maryland

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 7th round picks left and I'm planning on drafting a QB and TE.

SAN FRANCISCO

6.14.190 : RB - Karlos Williams - FSU

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 7th round picks left and I'm planning on drafting a QB and TE.

SAN FRANCISCO

I do like most of these picks for a mock even if we might just pick a couple. Is there a kicker that is worthy of a draft pick? I'm just getting tired of dealing with using older kickers and not having a main stay at that position.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like most of these picks for a mock even if we might just pick a couple. Is there a kicker that is worthy of a draft pick? I'm just getting tired of dealing with using older kickers and not having a main stay at that position.

This class is really shitty and I dont see a kicker or punter worth drafting.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the kicker from Florida State is going pro and he's pretty damn good.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only pick I hate is Green-Beckham I just don't see that one happening.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went with Nick Boyle TE from Delaware in the 7th round. He is 6'4" 268 pounds and I figured he has good value still being on the board.

OVERVIEW

2014: First-team All-CAA. Started all 12 games. 2013: Second-team All-CAA. Started all 12 games. Led all CAA tight ends with 42 receptions. 2012: Played in 10 games with seven starts. 2011: Was expected to redshirt, but thrust into action after season-ending injury to starter. Played in seven games with five starts.
PRO DAY RESULTS
40-yard dash: 5.00 seconds
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS
Big body with long arms and big hands. Has size and athleticism to be an every-down tight end. Flashes ability to run feet and sustain blocks in space and has quickness off snap to make back-side zone blocks. Smooth, natural hands-catcher. Plucks and stashes. Turns and searches for throw immediately out of break. Plus focus in a crowd. Will dive and extend to make the tough catch. After catch, drops shoulder and delivers a blow to defensive backs. Will hurdle low tackle attempts in open space. Good feel for open space and works back to scrambling quarterback. Showed ability to work the seam and make plays downfield in 2013.
WEAKNESSES
Doesn't play to his frame in run game. Allows defenders to swat away hands and disengage too quickly. Sloppy footwork as blocker. Positional blocker -- doesn't consistently wall off against lesser competition. Tape shows questionable desire and competitiveness when asked to run block. Averaged 3.1 yards fewer per catch in 2014 than 2013. Looked quicker, more athletic and more energetic in 2013. Gets caught leaning into his break, giving route away. Dull out of breaks.
DRAFT PROJECTION
Round 6
NFL COMPARISON
Kellen Davis
BOTTOM LINE
Big tight end with the size and physical traits of a blocking tight end but lacking the proper disposition to specialize in it. The 2013 tape shows a starting-caliber receiving threat. If he can get quicker and put the work in as a blocker, Boyle can be a starting NFL tight end.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also selected Bryan Bennett QB from Southeastern Louisiana. If we do keep 3 QBs on the roster I figured he could make the team and if we only keep 2 I think we make him a practice squad player.

ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS
Very good athlete. Posted impressive 37-inch vertical and 10-foot-5 broad jump at the NFL Scouting Combine. Played behind Marcus Mariota at Oregon to begin his career. Has ability to hurt defenses as a scrambler and on running plays. Looks the part. Smooth, effortless release. Arm strength is no issue. Can put pepper on seam throws. Shows hints of being able to make anticipatory throws into tight windows. When able, will shuffle from pocket, keeping his eyes downfield and scanning for an open target.
WEAKNESSES
Accuracy and ball placement are problematic. Needed short passing attack to bolster completion percentage in 2013 and saw that number fall to 49.5 percent as a senior. Footwork gets sloppy and a lack of willingness to step into throws when pocket inverts causes balls to sail. Showed signs of dropping eyes when facing interior penetration, including A-gap blitzes. Must improve willingness to get through progressions. Can be stubborn with unwillingness to come off initial target, often throwing into traffic.
DRAFT PROJECTION
Round 6 or 7
NFL COMPARISON
Tyler Thigpen
BOTTOM LINE
Plays the game with too much arm and not enough eyes at this stage. Doesn't appear to have the awareness or football intelligence teams typically look for in quarterbacks and his accuracy and decision making can be big issues at times. Bennett has an easy release with adequate arm talent and above-average athleticism. There are enough tools in his shed to end up as a project on a team's practice squad or a potential No. 3 quarterback.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall I think I did a really good job hitting on all our needs. Some of you dont agree with the DGB pick but I dont wanna be that team that passes on a good WR like teams did to Dez and Moss.

SAN FRANCISCO

7.29.246 : QB - Bryan Bennett - Southeastern Louisiana
7.37.254 : TE - Nick Boyle - Delaware