• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL-London

Green Head

Formally Cape May Eagle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I flipped on the TV to find a game in progress and started to think maybe the clocks went forward or something till I realized the Detroit game is in London. It is really one subject that is just burring me up that there are these games being played abroad and ripping us off. I think it is complete bullshit that a regular season game is being played out of the states. The season is short enough for the ticket holders and the fans at that, now we have to lose a game because the NFL wants to expand the brand? This is an American sport, if they want to send a few exhibition games to other countries that is fine, but now they are pushing it with this regular season shit. Am I alone on this or does anybody else feel the same? I know there was talk a while back about the Bills moving to Toronto or splitting the season and me not even being a Bills fan would punch a hole in my wall. Anyway, just a Sunday morning rant.

ErkTheJerk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I flipped on the TV to find a game in progress and started to think maybe the clocks went forward or something till I realized the Detroit game is in London. It is really one subject that is just burring me up that there are these games being played abroad and ripping us off. I think it is complete bullshit that a regular season game is being played out of the states. The season is short enough for the ticket holders and the fans at that, now we have to lose a game because the NFL wants to expand the brand? This is an American sport, if they want to send a few exhibition games to other countries that is fine, but now they are pushing it with this regular season shit. Am I alone on this or does anybody else feel the same? I know there was talk a while back about the Bills moving to Toronto or splitting the season and me not even being a Bills fan would punch a hole in my wall. Anyway, just a Sunday morning rant.

:agree:

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. F Europe.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's say you created an item ..and it was selling like hot cakes on Ebay. Would suddenly decided to not ship your "American" product out of the United States? You would never give up that revenue.

Why should the NFL be any different? If you really love football, you want it to make as much money as possible. (not to mention there is a lot of lawsuits running around ..they will need the $$$)

Green Head

Formally Cape May Eagle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say you created an item ..and it was selling like hot cakes on Ebay. Would suddenly decided to not ship your "American" product out of the United States? You would never give up that revenue.

Why should the NFL be any different? If you really love football, you want it to make as much money as possible. (not to mention there is a lot of lawsuits running around ..they will need the $$$)
Listen, if they want the NFL in Europe, establish their own league. Oh wait, did they not already try that? Get your own teams.

Green Head

Formally Cape May Eagle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen, if they want the NFL in Europe, establish their own league. Oh wait, did they not already try that? Get your own teams.
Also to add, they are never going to expand and put a team there as there are to many places in the States that want a team, so what is the point? If they like the NFL in Europe watch the game on TV like all the other people that don't have a home team or get on a plane and get tickets to a game. It is not fair to the fans and the ticket holders. Europe can also keep their soccer, nobody wants it here.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I understand where you are coming from I like that game in the morning
Gives me a better spread across the day of football watching
Gives me an excuse not to dip into the job jar

The owner's should refund that money but of course those greedy bastards won't

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, my football Sunday is getting watered down by Thursday, Sunday night, and Monday games. I hate when my team plays one of those games.

Second, there's minimal extra money in it. Those games inEurope are mostly Americans attending over there. Everything is selling like hot cakes on the U.S. no reason to f up the schedules for everybody by going over there.

Let them establish a league over there and if it prospers, one day we have a World Bowl.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, my football Sunday is getting watered down by Thursday, Sunday night, and Monday games. I hate when my team plays one of those games.

Second, there's minimal extra money in it. Those games in Europe are mostly Americans attending over there. Everything is selling like hot cakes on the U.S. no reason to f up the schedules for everybody by going over there.

Let them establish a league over there and if it prospers, one day we have a World Bowl.

Probably your assumption there is completely incorrect. My guess is the (vast) majority of them are NOT Americans, but Europeans from the UK and the continent. I know for many it is the one feasible option to actually see a NFL game in person. To some extent I also highly doubt there is no money in it for the NFL (for one all the gear sold there).

The scheduling is indeed an issue, but IIRC on the NFL MMQB one of the columnists had a proposal which sounded quite interesting: Expansion of the season to IIRC 19 games (at the expense of preseason games), 2 byes during the season, every team playing one game per season in London, and having the London game tied in to one of the byes to take care of some of the issues with the time zone difference.

Green Head

Formally Cape May Eagle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably your assumption there is completely incorrect. My guess is the (vast) majority of them are NOT Americans, but Europeans from the UK and the continent. I know for many it is the one feasible option to actually see a NFL game in person. To some extent I also highly doubt there is no money in it for the NFL (for one all the gear sold there).

The scheduling is indeed an issue, but IIRC on the NFL MMQB one of the columnists had a proposal which sounded quite interesting: Expansion of the season to IIRC 19 games (at the expense of preseason games), 2 byes during the season, every team playing one game per season in London, and having the London game tied in to one of the byes to take care of some of the issues with the time zone difference.
I don't know if I would expand to 19. Guys are dropping like flies as it is. I would not be apposed to dropping 2 preseason games to get one game though. I might even be ok with a game overseas if that were the case. If the NFL expanded to 19 games, they would have to consider making the roster a little deeper as well, maybe a 60 man roster?

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I would expand to 19. Guys are dropping like flies as it is. I would not be apposed to dropping 2 preseason games to get one game though. I might even be ok with a game overseas if that were the case. If the NFL expanded to 19 games, they would have to consider making the roster a little deeper as well, maybe a 60 man roster?

Might actually have been part of the original proposal. In general I would think that a roster expansion is in order...

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You make my point well. What's the difference if you sellout a stadium in London when a stadium that would have sold out in the US sits empty. No extra money there.

All they do is piss off the devoted US fans.

Then we will expand the season. Stupid. To expand the season you would have to expand the rosters, since there will be far more exhausted players who inevitably get injured. The players union is very opposed to the idea. As a fan, I do t want a further watered down product.i also pity the players on a European team who would have to travel to the States many times a season.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate the London idea. Can it, Roger!

I like the Sunday night game. Monday is OK. Hate the Thursday games.

I would love every game to be played @ 1 pm. I like the routine, and so do the players.

Green Head

Formally Cape May Eagle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate the London idea. Can it, Roger!

I like the Sunday night game. Monday is OK. Hate the Thursday games.

I would love every game to be played @ 1 pm. I like the routine, and so do the players.
I agree Sunday 1pm. It was not that long ago that every game was Sunday 1pm barring a west coaster. I just hate all these new times. I absolutely hate Monday Night Football! It is just the worst night for a game. I cannot say how many Monday night games I have missed or fell asleep on, that don't happen on Sunday. They should also start the games at 6pm, no reason they need to start at 8pm. I actually like Thursday Night Football and the NFL was smart to do this as it is a big bar night, well at least here it is. When I was in my 20's I went out on Thursday nights allot. Kinda breaks up the monotony and you can catch a game a get a little football in before the weekend. I'm old school I guess. The last thing the NFL wants to do is start pissing off the fans. My Sunday was ruined yesterday. I just absolutely hate Sundays without the Eagles.

Last edited by a moderator: