• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NFL. Free agency tracker thread 2024

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you have Howell starting this year even if we take a Qb at #2?

I would start SH this season no matter what. I did not have us doing that is not the conventional way of doing things. Most GMs don’t have the balls or foresight to do that.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would start SH this season no matter what. I did not have us doing that is not the conventional way of doing things. Most GMs don’t have the balls or foresight to do that.

What do you think Howell's trade value is now?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it all can be filled. Smith At LT, Lewis at Cb, and Curl at S. We have the money to do it. We can get a WR and RT in the draft.
I'm not sure how I would feel about going into the season with my top three corners being Forbes, BSJ, and Jourdan Lewis. I don't have confidence in that. Hope I'm wrong and they get coached up.

I could see a T.J. Tampa, Lassiter type being in play at 40 now.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how I would feel about going into the season with my top three corners being Forbes, BSJ, and Jourdan Lewis. I don't have confidence in that. Hope I'm wrong and they get coached up.

they can draft a CB in the 3rd.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I def don't want Lewis, I'd rather draft than pay for him. And you're right, unless we get a great pass rush we are in trouble at CB

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling Kool-Aid will be there at 36. He was a top 10 pick until the foot injury. Maybe we get our Stingley Jr. this year.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Maye can run as well as Mariota.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mariota signing is a curious one:

it could be that the Commanders are looking to trade Howell.
It could also be, however, that they don't want to be certain of any one move as they head into the draft. There's nothing wrong wih competition at every spot, including qb.

It is possible that the commanders would be wiling to listen to offers for Howell, and move him if the price is right, but retain him if it's not. After all, like Sty said a few months ago, the Commadners will need to figure out wether to pay Howell next year anyway.

The worst case scenario is career journeyman Marcus Mariotta beats Howell out for the starting role or #2 role, Howell rides the bench, then next year the Commanders don't offer him another contract and he walks. We get back a fifth round pick.

Best case scenario is Howell balls out, stays #1 option, the Commanders pick a rookie and have him sit and learn behind either Howell and/or Mariota, then the commanders trade one of them the following year.

To me this feels lke the move a competent gm might make: low cost, low-medium upside.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mariota signing is a curious one:

it could be that the Commanders are looking to trade Howell.
It could also be, however, that they don't want to be certain of any one move as they head into the draft. There's nothing wrong wih competition at every spot, including qb.

It is possible that the commanders would be wiling to listen to offers for Howell, and move him if the price is right, but retain him if it's not. After all, like Sty said a few months ago, the Commadners will need to figure out wether to pay Howell next year anyway.

The worst case scenario is career journeyman Marcus Mariota beats Howell out for the starting role or #2 role, Howell rides the bench, then next year the Commanders don't offer him another contract and he walks. We get back a fifth round pick.

Best case scenario is Howell balls out, stays #1 option, the Commanders pick a rookie and have him sit and learn behind either Howell and/or Mariota, then the commanders trade one of them the following year.

To me this feels lke the move a competent gm might make: low cost, low-medium upside.
I'm not sure you are going to redshirt Jayden or Drake. I'm not sure Mariota comes here to be the emergency QB. Do the Skins really let Howell not get any reps in practice and sit the entire year? Feels like a draft day trade for maybe a 4th. Jmo

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the gm trying to get him has been drinking that day.

There are six QBs that are projected to be better than Howell. We know Chicago, Skins, and NE take a QB.

NYG- Let’s say they take JJ.

Arizona- Yes they have Kyler Murray, but they are not happy with him. SH gives them a low cost option as a replacement if things don’t go well.

Rams- Stafford is old.

Minn- Has no QB

NYJ- Rodgers can teach for a year or two.

PITT- Wilson is on a one year deal.

IND- has no QB.

LV-has no QB.

DEN- has no QB.