• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Free Agency tracker 2023

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is now of the guys you have wanted would have made this team any better. Some would make it worse. Mahomes is fantastic and on his own level. Nobody takes pay cuts like Tom Brady. Other than those two, Aaron Rodgers is next on the best list but he can’t get anything done because he isn’t as good as Mahomes and doesn’t take less pay like Brady.

Justin Herbert gets all the accolades but has not really proven to be elite. You want to take a shot when the shot simply has not been worth it. No QB in this draft is worth a trade up and probably not even worth the number one pick. I don’t see any of these guys changing an organization. ,

You claim KC can’t win a championship. I would say not a single QB in the last draft class or this draft class will. You don’t trade up to just get a QB and cross your fingers.

I don’t forget about RGME’s good year. He was electric. He lacked the illusiveness of Jackson, Hurts, and Wilson but his speed would cause LBs to creep up and he would hit over their head in front of the safeties. His legs made play-action deadly. Then he got selfish and thought he was something he wasnt, a good pocket passer.

The team went 6-3 the prior year with Alex Smith before Haskins came on board. It was essentially the same team but they added McLaurin and Guice. The next season they added Antonio Gibson and Logan Thomas. You can make excuses for Haskins but he was a failure and your excuses don’t hold up. Haskins showed no growth and couldn’t catch on elsewhere.
Put Burrow on this team and Haskins with the Bengals and the results would have been reversed. The difference is in having an organization that knew what to do with young talent and one that still does not.

Interesting that you didn't respond to my question.

I will agree with you about excuses but not about facts!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you who continually insist that this team has tried to get a highly-pedigreed QB and failed at it, let me remind you all of this bit of 20-year history.

First round high pedigree QBs drafted since 2012 by Washington

RGIII
Dwayne Haskins

All of the other shit that you all are clamoring for:

Kirk Cousins (good QB when things go perfectly, shit under pressure, a good case study on what a Dynasty of mediocrity looks like)
Colt McCoy
Alex Smith (well past his prime and not drafted here)
Josh Johnson
Mark Sanchez (a career bust who played on 5 teams before coming here)
Case Keenum
Kyle Allen
Taylor Heinicke
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Garrett Gilbert
Carson Wince (Known to be a shot player, but hey let's see if he can be different here, 'cause we're smarter)
Sam Howell

The real evidence suggests that we haven't tried getting first-round QB talent enough and what's actually been tried is all the BS that doesn't really work.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put Burrow on this team and Haskins with the Bengals and the results would have been reversed. The difference is in having an organization that knew what to do with young talent and one that still does not.

Interesting that you didn't respond to my question.

I will agree with you about excuses but not about facts!

Wow…simply wow. Why didn’t he do anything in Pittsburgh?

What was the question I didn’t answer?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haskin's was not and never would have been as good as Burrow. He was in Pittsburgh with a very good HC who did just fine with Big Ben.

Cousins had 9 come from behind victories last year alone.

Some of these arguments make no sense.

As for me ... knowing we were going to go into next season with a the sale of the team in progress I was not expecting a lot.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow…simply wow. Why didn’t he do anything in Pittsburgh?

What was the question I didn’t answer?
Why such surprise?

The 2022 season would have been the year that Haskins would be up for a job, he was working out in Florida when he died on that highway.

Pittsburgh actually signed him to a reserve futures contract after RR released him, remember?

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) - The Pittsburgh Steelers have signed quarterback Dwayne Haskins and three other players to reserve/future contracts. Along with Haskins, defensive back Stephen Denmark, tight end Charles Jones and tight end, Dax Raymond have been signed. Haskins is a very low-risk signing.

Reread post #189 in this thread. My question was there.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why such surprise?

The 2022 season would have been the year that Haskins would be up for a job, he was working out in Florida when he died on that highway.

Pittsburgh actually signed him to a reserve futures contract after RR released him, remember?

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) - The Pittsburgh Steelers have signed quarterback Dwayne Haskins and three other players to reserve/future contracts. Along with Haskins, defensive back Stephen Denmark, tight end Charles Jones and tight end, Dax Raymond have been signed. Haskins is a very low-risk signing.

Reread post #189 in this thread. My question was there.

Because Burrow is a very good QB and Haskins was ass. You don’t believe in player accountability if they fit what you want.

Yes, that is why I said Pittsburgh. He had a year there and was still ass.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Burrow is a very good QB and Haskins was ass. You don’t believe in player accountability if they fit what you want.

Yes, that is why I said Pittsburgh. He had a year there and was still ass.
Because Burrow was a good QB put into a very good situation, Haskins was not that fortunate. I do believe in player accountability regardless of my personal viewpoint. Apparently, unlike you, I also believe in organizational responsibility to its employees.

Cool fact...He never played in Pittsburgh, so...

Question: Do you want Dan Snyder to sell the franchise? Why or why not? Has he done something to damage his on-field product?

Last edited:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Burrow was a good QB put into a very good situation, Haskins was not that fortunate. I do believe in player accountability regardless of my personal viewpoint. Apparently, unlike you, I also believe in organizational responsibility to its employees.

Question: Do you want Dan Snyder to sell the franchise? Why?
Haskins literally had the worst front office in charge at the time.

Was he going to work out? Who knows.

Did he have issues? Yes

Was he given the proper tools and support to do the job? No.

Funny that Rivera is on qb 6 or 7 now? Why have these qbs not worked out? Bad luck right?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did he have issues? Yes

Funny that Rivera is on qb 6 or 7 now? Why have these qbs not worked out? Bad luck right?
That might hold up if they went somewhere else and performed. Haskins was the 3rd team BU on the Steelers . He was legally drunk when he was struck by a truck if I am right .

he also did the selfie thing on the sideline and he broke covid rules as well . Now you can make the case the covid rules were BS from the get go in which you have almost no chance of dying from now or at the time without the treatment

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did he have issues? Yes

There's a very good reason why they first hand the SB trophy to the team owners.

I agree Haskins was flawed, but mostly boneheaded hubris of youth.

No one will ever know how things might have worked out for him had he lived and been given the proper tools/support associated with success.

(Tongue-in-cheek) Sorry man, it can't be the fault of Rivera or a dysfunctional front office, single man accountability on a team game built by the organization falls on the player(s)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That might hold up if they went somewhere else and performed. Haskins was the 3rd team BU on the Steelers . He was legally drunk when he was struck by a truck if I am right .

he also did the selfie thing on the sideline and he broke covid rules as well . Now you can make the case the covid rules were BS from the get go in which you have almost no chance of dying from now or at the time without the treatment
It completely holds up because the opportunity for him to play never materialized. He was originally signed to a futures contract by the Steelers. Pittsburgh was still rolling with Big Ben and Mason Rudolph. As previously stated, his time to compete for the job was in the 2022 season, unfortunately, he passed before training camp. His condition at death is irrelevant.

Haskins signed with the Pittsburgh Steelers on January 21, 2021.He was named the third-string quarterback behind Ben Roethlisberger and Mason Rudolph and was inactive for all but one game that season. Haskins signed a one-year, restricted free-agent tender by the team on March 16, 2022.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Explaining an NFL Reserve/Future contract, and what it …

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2021/1/23…

...and the next year 2022 this happened.

The Pittsburgh Steelers have set their quarterback competition for 2022 after former 15th overall pick Dwayne Haskins agreed to his restricted free agent tender, the team announced Wednesday. The contract is a one-year deal for $2.54 million. Haskins will be an unrestricted free agent at the end of the contract.

Dwayne Haskins Signs One-Year RFA Tender with Steelers

steelersnow.com/dwayne-haskins-signs-one-year-rfa-tender/ steelersnow.com/dwayne-haskins-signs-one-year-rfa-tender/

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did he have issues? Yes

You can't blame Rivera for Haskins. Dan wanted him. Kyle Smith didn't want him. Jay didn't want him.

I remember QBs sitting on the bench with the OC looking at the iPad .... except for Haskin's.

I remember when they went up in a game and they needed to take the final snaps and he was taking selfies with a fan.

As dad said he was the 3rd QB in Pittsburgh so he had a very good coach there.

If you want to blame RR for not finding a QB I am good with that but you can't blame him for Haskins.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haskins couldn’t even take the #2 spot from Rudolph. That’s pretty bad

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so far behind with cap space, i can't believe we literally can't do crap in FA

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haskins couldn’t even take the #2 spot from Rudolph. That’s pretty bad
That opportunity never materialized, the Steelers' plans for him were to always have him compete for a job in 2022 when Ben was no longer with the team.

He would have been listed among this group had he not died.

2022 Steelers Training Camp Preview: The Quarterbacks

www.steelcityunderground.com/2022/07/06/2022-stee

Dwayne Haskins will compete for starting job with …

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Dwayn...7BB4C30B4ADF0FD0D54732B&ghsh=0&ghacc=0&ghpl=#

Last edited:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know much about this guy? Seems like a backup at best. He might not make the final roster, was just curious

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Question: Do you want Dan Snyder to sell the franchise? Why or why not? Has he done something to damage his on-field product?

Burrow was put on the worst team in football and has made that team a contender. He was the number one pick and has proven worthy of the selection. Haskins was the sixteenth pick placed on a mediocre team. Most would say Haskins was in a better position to succeed. Haskins did not do what was required to improve or he was unable to improve.

I am aware he never played. Haskins was signed January of 2021. He later signed another tender in March of 22. Haskins had a year to show he was good and didn’t.

Of course I do. The team has been unsuccessful. Snyder has chosen poorly on the management and coaching selections. That doesn’t take away from personal accountability of players.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And fentanyl