• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL franchise in London

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is off topic Redskins to a degree. Just found it rather interesting that Godell is pushing to get an NFL team in London. Logistically it would be a nightmare. The London team would always be at a travel disadvantage. Its an 8 hour flight from London to almost any where on the East coast, not to mention if they were playing one of the west coast teams. Flip side is the US based team that plays the London Knights (yes I am going to copy right the name) would be at a travel time disadvantage as well. I know Rog wants to make the NFL a world wide brand, but logistically I see this as a potential cluster just from a playing the games perspective. And God help us if they actually do a Super Bowl in London, 1200 pounds per ticket, not to mention actually getting there.

OK rant over.... thoughts??

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is off topic Redskins to a degree. Just found it rather interesting that Godell is pushing to get an NFL team in London. Logistically it would be a nightmare. The London team would always be at a travel disadvantage. Its an 8 hour flight from London to almost any where on the East coast, not to mention if they were playing one of the west coast teams. Flip side is the US based team that plays the London Knights (yes I am going to copy right the name) would be at a travel time disadvantage as well. I know Rog wants to make the NFL a world wide brand, but logistically I see this as a potential cluster just from a playing the games perspective. And God help us if they actually do a Super Bowl in London, 1200 pounds per ticket, not to mention actually getting there.

OK rant over.... thoughts??

I think the only feasible way to expand into Europe is to start an NFL Europe Division. The champions of the NFL America (SuperBowl??) would play the Champions of NFL Europe for the World Title. Maybe they have one game a week that would be cross division. This would take years to set up to become competitive and would seriously water down the talent level in professional football. There just isn't enough talent to support that many teams.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree that the logistics would be a nitemare.....and I have a feeling the London team would be at a severe disadvantage when it comes to attracting Free Agents...

Here is 1 plan I hope the NFL never does.......Lets get NFL europe back and running if you want American Football overseas...have them play when there is no NFL.....and get them on TV.....Maybe have 1 or 2 teams sending players from practice squad....etc.......

PLEASE NFL KEEP our game Local!!!!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also get the feeling that this might just be a big tease and a bunch of BS coming from the NFL. They might just be trying to throw out a teaser like this in an effort to somehow get more fans from Great Britain & Europe in the meantime. The NBA has made similar suggestions in the past with no signs of any follow-up action at this time. Just another by product of their massive greed.