• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Competition Committee plans to review the tuck rule

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why there is the tuck rule. Yes, I know, Brady, but that was a rule before the Brady play. I would see it if the rule were "If a passer is moving his arm forward, it's a pass" but if he tucks it in, it's a fumble. Allowing him to tuck the ball in without consequences is punishing the defense who obviously was winning the play. Also, if the dropped ball is caught, it should be a fumble recovery, not an INT. If a tucked ball is considered a forward incomplete pass, then if caught, it'd have to be an INT. I think if the ball is hit while throwing, then yes, it's an interception, regardless of the distance - though one could argue that behind the passer it'd be a fumble, as a backwards pass is a rush (see the Arizona game where the league ruled Smith's pass was not a pass because it went backwards slightly).

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see a big reason to look/review into the tuck rule IMO(atm).

If they are referencing Luck's incomplete/fumble in his wk17 game, well technically after replay it would be a fumble since his arm was going forward(however, it look more like a backwards throw IMO thus should've been a fumble in either case). I did like that they called it a fumble on the field live. Let the automatic replay dictate that it was/wasn't a turnover.