• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Combine Information

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tony Pauline:

Ryan Broyles/WR/Oklahoma getting back to health. Has run some 40's recently. Wants to run in Indy but being held back

------------

Aaron Wilson:

Michael floyd said he stopped going out so much drinking less and avoided trouble went alcohol classes at notre dame got counseling

Notre dame wr michael floyd said he's going to meet with the browns

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don Banks:

NFL maybe should have let Andrew Luck go first in the combine media session, before RG3. Luck is a good interview. RG3 is beyond stellar.

----------------

Charlie Bernstein:

The #Jaguars have met with Georgia Tech wide receiver Stephen Hill.

----------------

Cecil Lammey:

RGIII sooooo engaging, what a personality! He's going to interview extremely well with teams, already interviewed with the #chiefs

RGIII was such a great interview, smart, funny, says he can't wait to get to the chalkboard and draw up plays for teams

----------------

John McClain:

A&M WR Jeff Fuller has a stress fracture in his foot. No surgery required.

----------------

Joe Person:

Justin Blackmon on perceived lack of speed: "Look at the tape. I've never been caught from behind."

Blackmon said he's not running the 40 b/c of hamstring tweak. Will run at Okla St pro day next week. Measured 6 ft today.

Blackmon says he might run a few short routes, but not going to "open it up
."

----------------

Mike Sando:

Can't recall a combine prospect as personable, comfortable, balanced and sharp as RG3 sounded during his recently concluded media session.

----------------

Benjamin Volin:

RG3 said he met with #Eagles last night and will meet with #Browns and #Chiefs today. CLE the favorite to get him

----------------

Aaron Wilson:

Michael floyd said he patterns himself after larry fitzgerald 'I like his style'

Michael floyd said he is scheduled to meet with the ravens

The Ravens also have talked with Ohio U. wide receiver LaVon Brazill. Caught 74 passes for 1,146 yards and 11 touchdowns as a senior

Kendall wright said he has a meeting with the ravens

Justin blackmon said he isn't going to run at the combine will run next week at pro day

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M WR Jeff Fuller has a stress fracture in his foot. No surgery required.

I'd love to know when that happened.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cordy Glenn is huge.

10476628-standard.jpg

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill is one of my favorite projects this year and one of my favorite fits at the WR position for the 49ers.

A quick story on Stephen Hill when it comes to the combine, though. He has been working out with maybe the best speed coach on the planet in Loren Seagrave. He has taken several athletes and worked wonders with them in terms of increasing their speed and improving their technique. Hill was already a heck of an athlete to begin with but those two working together got some buzz among those who know both guys.

One more thing. Hill's broad jump could end up going down as the best this year. He long jumped in high school, as well as early in his college career. His personal best in high school would have placed him in a tie for 9th in the last Olympics.

----

As far as playing devil's advocate with Hill and Streeter a little bit or pointing out some things that bring their grade down a little bit in my opinion.

Hill comes from a triple option offense, doesn't have alot of experience running a variety of routes or recognizing coverages, and didn't have much at QB the last two years. He is fantastic at going up and getting jump balls and making tough catches but he drops easy ones more often than he should. Once he's at top speed he's difficult to catch but he doesn't make a ton of guys miss when he's gearing up. Overall he's extremely raw but has some of the best physical attributes when it comes to what I'd like to see added for the 49ers.

----

On to Streeter. He really only has one decent year on his resume and is a project WR himself. He doesn't have alot of experience running a variety of routes either. For somebody with his speed he also doesn't separate at all levels of the field as well as one might think. That was probably the biggest problem I had with him.

He did not naturally catch the ball on alot of the catches I saw either. He also drops more passes that he should. He needs to get stronger for several different reasons as well, most notably because he struggles to get off the jam at the line.

----

While I'm talking about Streeter here's another thing I always like to slip in when it comes to Miami WRs. For several teams I would rather get Travis Benjamin late (maybe undrafted) than take Tommy Streeter in the 2nd-4th round range. If the 49ers lose Ginn, Benjamin is a guy that I'll have my eye on late(r).

awesome feedback, Pozz. Thank you.

Hill sounds like a project maybe worth gambling? If he can get by the 2nd level, Alex(or insert 49ers QB) could have a field day throwing deep with Hill. Put getting off the LOS seems a bit disappointing however, this may or may not be an issue if CBs play off him fearing the deep speed?

Streeter sounds like a DHB to me then...

Def agree with you on Benjamin. He's a great return man in his own right.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Where'd that picture come from? That's the first weigh-in photo I've seen from this year.

By the way, great feedback pozz. I've been curious about Hill for a while now and enjoy that type of info.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mary Kay Cabot:

Ohio state rb boom Herron will meet with the browns tonight and said he'd love to play for them.

Alabama rb Trent Richardson, who's talked to browns at combine, said he's never been caught from behind, even in little league.

------------

Bob Glauber:

Alabama RB Trent Richardson said he has drawn interest from all but "about 5 teams." TR told me Jets have not reached out to him.

------------

Cecil Lammey:

colts buccaneers browns all spoken to Trent Richardson thus far

------------

Josh Norris:

South Carolina WR Alshon Jeffery said he's the lightest he's been since high school.

-------------

Tony Pauline:

Amini Silatolu/G/Midwestern St has 29 private interviews set up at the combine. The most we've heard of thus far.

------------

Joe Person:

Jeffery says he weighed 230 last season at USC. Knew he had to be lighter for NFL. Down to 216.

------------

Joe Schad:

Former OSU QB Brandon Weeden will throw here and run at pro day #nflcombine

-------------

Evan Silva:

WR Michael Floyd's official measurement was 6'2 5/8, 220. 9 3/8" hands. 78" wingspan. Has shed nearly 10 lbs since Spring 2011.

Justin Blackmon officially measured 6-foot, 7/8" and 207 pounds. Would be smallest receiver taken in top ten since Ted Ginn (2007).

-------------

Rick Stroud:

Alabama RB Trent Richardson says he's talked to the Buccaneers, among others.

Richardson also has talked to the Browns and Colts.

Richardson says he considers himself a complete back and doesn't fumble

-------------

Michael Tanier:

Tannehill said he ahead of schedule. He will be ready for Pro Day

-------------

Benjamin Volin:

Dolphins have met here at Indy with FSU's Zebrie Sanders, a 2nd-3rd round right tackle prospect. Nice kid, played the viola in high school

-------------

Aaron Wilson:

Wisconsin c peter konz 'its not normal to see a guy my size running the way I do'

Peter konz 'I love making the calls adjustments'

David decastro said he'll meet with the ravens tonight

David decastro meets with the lions and cowboys

-------------

Shawn Zobel:

Stanford OT Jonathan Martin is not lifting on the bench because he has food poisoning

Michigan's David Molk just threw up 41 reps, by far the most of anyone so far today. Very impressive

Not sure which I'm more surprised about, David Molk's 41 reps or Peter Konz's 18. Granted Konz has long arms, but still.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Matt Bitonti:

kalil, glenn and osemele high reps with those arm lengths, impressive. #nfldraft
---------------

Cecil Lammey:

Michigan St WR B.J. Cunningham very impressive when interviewed, savvy route runner underrated by most, impressed at Shrine Game

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hill is one of my favorite projects this year and one of my favorite fits at the WR position for the 49ers.

A quick story on Stephen Hill when it comes to the combine, though. He has been working out with maybe the best speed coach on the planet in Loren Seagrave. He has taken several athletes and worked wonders with them in terms of increasing their speed and improving their technique. Hill was already a heck of an athlete to begin with but those two working together got some buzz among those who know both guys.

One more thing. Hill's broad jump could end up going down as the best this year. He long jumped in high school, as well as early in his college career. His personal best in high school would have placed him in a tie for 9th in the last Olympics.

----

As far as playing devil's advocate with Hill and Streeter a little bit or pointing out some things that bring their grade down a little bit in my opinion.

Hill comes from a triple option offense, doesn't have alot of experience running a variety of routes or recognizing coverages, and didn't have much at QB the last two years. He is fantastic at going up and getting jump balls and making tough catches but he drops easy ones more often than he should. Once he's at top speed he's difficult to catch but he doesn't make a ton of guys miss when he's gearing up. Overall he's extremely raw but has some of the best physical attributes when it comes to what I'd like to see added for the 49ers.

----

On to Streeter. He really only has one decent year on his resume and is a project WR himself. He doesn't have alot of experience running a variety of routes either. For somebody with his speed he also doesn't separate at all levels of the field as well as one might think. That was probably the biggest problem I had with him.

He did not naturally catch the ball on alot of the catches I saw either. He also drops more passes that he should. He needs to get stronger for several different reasons as well, most notably because he struggles to get off the jam at the line.

----

While I'm talking about Streeter here's another thing I always like to slip in when it comes to Miami WRs. For several teams I would rather get Travis Benjamin late (maybe undrafted) than take Tommy Streeter in the 2nd-4th round range. If the 49ers lose Ginn, Benjamin is a guy that I'll have my eye on late(r).

Nice tibit, Pozz. We have an eerily similar assessment on Hill. Smalls had made inquiries about him on another thread ("NFL Draft / College Football")
here is what I had written back to him on 02-09-2012, 03:47 PM Post #654:

He's certainly the most underrated receiver in this class. You already know the obvious by looking at highlights and seeing his size - one could see how valuable he would be to a team looking for some options around the goal line (redzone threat / nightmare for any defenses). He has the potential to be the next Calvin Johnson (hold your horses, I'm not referring to overall talent. But in terms of the skills / assets he brings to a team around in the redzone-goaline situations). He will catch the ball at its high point and won't allow the DB to out physical him for jump balls.

He's not entirely a "doof troop" either. Hill runs exceptionally well for a man his size and should run the forty yard dash in the 4.45-4.49 range. Gtech runs the "triple-option" on offense, which tells you off bat that he HAS TO be exceptional in his ability to block downfield for his RBs and/or his fellow receivers. I question his agility and his drive to get better overall as a receiver. As you pointed out his Yards Per Catch average is bananas, however, ALL of that I'm sure came from long bombs instead of short or intermediate passes that he caught and ran for long gains (Desean Jackson / Dwayne Bowe / Anquan Boldin / etc.). I don't like the way he runs routes - a smart defender would own him by being able to beat him to spots. Broncos are doing a good job in developing Deymarius Thomas, a team would have to do the same with Hill b/c it will take a full year or two for him to be considered starting material at the next level.

Anyway, what's your take on Criner?

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Nice tibit, Pozz. We have an eerily similar assessment on Hill. Smalls had made inquiries about him on another thread ("NFL Draft / College Football")
here is what I had written back to him on 02-09-2012, 03:47 PM Post #654:

He's certainly the most underrated receiver in this class. You already know the obvious by looking at highlights and seeing his size - one could see how valuable he would be to a team looking for some options around the goal line (redzone threat / nightmare for any defenses). He has the potential to be the next Calvin Johnson (hold your horses, I'm not referring to overall talent. But in terms of the skills / assets he brings to a team around in the redzone-goaline situations). He will catch the ball at its high point and won't allow the DB to out physical him for jump balls.

He's not entirely a "doof troop" either. Hill runs exceptionally well for a man his size and should run the forty yard dash in the 4.45-4.49 range. Gtech runs the "triple-option" on offense, which tells you off bat that he HAS TO be exceptional in his ability to block downfield for his RBs and/or his fellow receivers. I question his agility and his drive to get better overall as a receiver. As you pointed out his Yards Per Catch average is bananas, however, ALL of that I'm sure came from long bombs instead of short or intermediate passes that he caught and ran for long gains (Desean Jackson / Dwayne Bowe / Anquan Boldin / etc.). I don't like the way he runs routes - a smart defender would own him by being able to beat him to spots. Broncos are doing a good job in developing Deymarius Thomas, a team would have to do the same with Hill b/c it will take a full year or two for him to be considered starting material at the next level.

Anyway, what's your take on Criner?

Criner is another guy I'm interested in. Doesn't seem like he'll run a super fast time comparatively, but I don't think I've seen anyone say anything negative about him. Whereas some of the draft guys are up or down on prospects, people seem to be either up or neutral on him. But anyway.

He just seems to produce. His hands are impressive, and more consistent than some of the other prospects.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Some nice bench numbers by the tight ends. Fleener and Allen with 27 reps, Charles with 35.

Ladarius Green had 16, but he's got room to grow I think.