• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Combine Information

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I see a bigger but less explosive Percy Harvin in Sanu.

I don't see Jeffery - Nicks comparison at all. Jeffery is more of a Dwayne Jarrett than Hicks.

Nick's play in college for some reason reminds me of Jeffery. But the two negative signs means it's unlikely he'll live up to (insert_player)

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Still like Hill's stock ATM....

No Randle?

I didn't like Randle before the combine, no way I'm going to jump aboard the bandwagon now. I just don't see anything special about the guy.

Dwight Jones and Marvin Jones I haven't seen much of, in case anyone was wondering why neither of them were listed.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some bench numbers for the DL:

Dontari Poe - 44
Ronnell Lewis - 36
Mike Martin - 36
Nick Perry - 35
Fletcher Cox - 30
Melvin Ingram - 28
Whitney Mercilus - 27
Quinton Coples - 25
Bruce Irvin - 23
Chandler Jones - 22
Michael Brockers - 19

Thats embarrassing. Will it move him out of the top 10-15?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats embarrassing. Will it move him out of the top 10-15?

What about Brockers? 19 reps for a 322 lb. DL? Albeit he has long arms, but that's brutal.

That said, I don't think bench press has much effect on a player's stock.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick's play in college for some reason reminds me of Jeffery. But the two negative signs means it's unlikely he'll live up to (insert_player)

I don't see any legitimate comparisons to Nicks in this draft. If I had to pick I'd say it's Blackmon. Similar size, body type, and ball skills.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like Randle before the combine, no way I'm going to jump aboard the bandwagon now. I just don't see anything special about the guy.

Dwight Jones and Marvin Jones I haven't seen much of, in case anyone was wondering why neither of them were listed.

Dwight Jones did not have a very good combine. He had a pretty good forty time, but the way he ran his routes really lazy was not good, he was way underthrown by Darren Thomas on his deep route, and his route running on the post-corner was weak. He would have done a really good in the gauntlet but his timing got messed up when a quarterback forgot to throw him the ball. Most players wanted to go again when they got bad throws, he seemed to be satisfied with not having passes thrown anywhere near him.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Brockers? 19 reps for a 322 lb. DL? Albeit he has long arms, but that's brutal.

That said, I don't think bench press has much effect on a player's stock.

Its bad for Brockers too. And, the reason i think its bad for Coples is because they question his attitude and think he just didnt try this year. Obviously, had he put work into the bench press he would have had more than 25. Brooks Foster got 27 reps and he was 6.1 210. It seems like a lack of effort to me when a DL cant get more than 20-25 reps.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't see any legitimate comparisons to Nicks in this draft. If I had to pick I'd say it's Blackmon. Similar size, body type, and ball skills.

Maybe it was all the talk about the hand size.

Blackmon I believe will struggle separating in the NFL and he runs with the ball far away from his body, hence the Crabtree comparison.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I love seeing Junior Hemingway perform well. 4.53 official is probably a little faster than what was projected, and to be at the top of all the agility drills and top 10 in the broad jump is great.

Does anyone know how he looked catching the ball?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love seeing Junior Hemingway perform well. 4.53 official is probably a little faster than what was projected, and to be at the top of all the agility drills and top 10 in the broad jump is great.

Does anyone know how he looked catching the ball?

Really good.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Stephen Hill looks to have solidified himself as a 1st rounder. I wonder if he is our guy now, we need a speed receiver and with his size he could be very dangerous in our offense.

Jeffery seemed to have helped hiimself at first by weighing in light but I think he hurt himself by not running, that was his biggset question mark and he should have answered those questions at the combine.

I could see the Wylie and Welker comparisons as they are both small white recievers who are shifty. But I think Wylie is more athletic, he's faster and looks quicker to be on film. He's also much shiftier. I wouldn't mind taking a look at him in the mid rounds and putting him in the slot. We need some explosion at WR and I think he and Hill could do it.

I'm kind of disappointed that Richardson isn't doing much, I was really interested in seeing him in action, as my favorite running back it kind of ruined it for me. James ran really well, I still like him alot but definitely not close to where I like Richardson.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm completely not against drafting two WR's especially now that I don't think we'll get either of the receievers that I wanted (Bowe or Jackson). Bowe is likely to get tagged now that kC signed Routt instead of Carr.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen Hill's official numbers:

6'4"
215 lbs.
33' 3/8" arms
9' 3/8" hands
4.36 40
14 reps
11'10" broad jump
39.5" vertical

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
WR rankings:NFL Comparison
1. Michael Floyd: Dez Bryant
2. DeVier Posey: Victor Cruz
3. Justin Blackmon: Michael Crabtree +
4. Tommy Streeter: Plaxico Burress
5. Kendall Wright: Pierre Garcon
6. Alshon Jeffery: Hakeem Nicks --
7. AJ Jenkins: Denarius Moore
8. Mohammad Sanu: Anquan Boldin --
9. Brian Quick: ???
10. Stephen Hill: Demaryius Thomas
11. Marvin McNutt: Mario Manningham
??? Damarlo Belcher: David Nelson
??? Keshawn Martin: Jeremy Kerley

Granted size isn't everything, but McNutt has three inches and 35 pounds on Manningham.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks clyde. I figured he would. The one thing at Michigan that stood out was his ability to make tough catches in traffic.

He and Mike Martin are both interesting options for the 49ers.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SI.com draft analyst Tony Pauline suggests that Georgia Tech WR Stephen Hill vaulted himself "into the early part of round two" with his Scouting Combine performance on Sunday.

Hill's day turned every head in the Lucas Oil Stadium building. He ran a 4.36 official forty time to pace the receiver group, and he again beat out everyone else with an 11-foot, 1-inch broad jump. Per Pauline, Hill also "displayed terrific hand-eye coordination" in position drills and showed that he is a hands catcher as opposed to using his body. At this point, we wouldn't be shocked if Hill cracked the latter portion of round one.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Granted size isn't everything, but McNutt has three inches and 35 pounds on Manningham.

Here's my thinking on that comparison:

They both can make the difficult catch in traffic, they're both at their best when the game is on the line, and they have deceptive speed to get behind defenses.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
SI.com draft analyst Tony Pauline suggests that Georgia Tech WR Stephen Hill vaulted himself "into the early part of round two" with his Scouting Combine performance on Sunday.

Hill's day turned every head in the Lucas Oil Stadium building. He ran a 4.36 official forty time to pace the receiver group, and he again beat out everyone else with an 11-foot, 1-inch broad jump. Per Pauline, Hill also "displayed terrific hand-eye coordination" in position drills and showed that he is a hands catcher as opposed to using his body. At this point, we wouldn't be shocked if Hill cracked the latter portion of round one.

Is the WR class Deep yet :hat:?