• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL appealing Watson suspension

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and as I said bring something compelling that is more than "he pulled his weiner out once and it was weird but yea I still massaged him 12 more times" that falls into that category.

I'm gonna go on a limb and say we got nothing compelling beyond he said she said. And as I said nothing would bring me more glee than this dude having his deal voided. But dragging this into "the unprovable" is a waste of everyone's time. We already did this. You had 3 years.
Wow.

You’re being serious.

Gross.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

You’re being serious.

Gross.

I still have the receipts from prior to the Browns trade when easily half the board was debating where he should go and not diacussing this stuff. We all knew he was a shit human being then. But while we are at it we should probably re evaluate our affections for all athletes. Let's start with Karl Malone. What a weird fucker he is eh?

Sorry if I think it's a fishing exhibition when the plaintiffs lawyer is hitting em with the tough stuff like "do you get an erection when you get a massage" and asking them to violate the confidentiality of 23 other settlements.

The fact there is that many speaks to what a piece of shit he is. So if the NFL wanted to nail him they should've banned him then and voided his deal.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing would be better than if they could void this dudes contract and move forward. That said... unless there is something really compelling beyond more of the same the time for this has come and gone. 3 years ladies. Nothing he's been accused of has even brought forth real charges. Just money thrown around to shut everyone up.

It's a fine line of "defending" this man. he's a shit human. The Browns trading for him was a colossal mistake. But enough is enough if it's just more of the same.
It's hard to imagine that anything new and significantly worse is going to come out now from those cases. I don't want to bother clicking on PFT's stuff unless they have something exclusive or new from the last 15 months.

Now, if he's tied someone up and "Vince McMahon"ed on their head...

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to imagine that anything new and significantly worse is going to come out now from those cases. I don't want to bother clicking on PFT's stuff unless they have something exclusive or new from the last 15 months.

Now, if he's tied someone up and "Vince McMahon"ed on their head...

exactly. Something new such as that would be a game changer.

Which...it will be interesting to see what Vince gets. Arguably the most powerful person in "sports" to ever have this kind of accusation.

Hopefully he gets nailed

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and as I said bring something compelling that is more than "he pulled his weiner out once and it was weird but yea I still massaged him 12 more times" that falls into that category.

I'm gonna go on a limb and say we got nothing compelling beyond he said she said. And as I said nothing would bring me more glee than this dude having his deal voided. But dragging this into "the unprovable" is a waste of everyone's time. We already did this. You had 3 years.
Meh. The only recompense these women have in what you admit is a He Said She Said is:
1. A pay day where they have money thrown at them because they were the victim of a crime that is difficult if not impossible to win in court.
2. The ability to collectively or individually pop up now and again to remind the world that a public figure is a bad guy.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. The only recompense these women have in what you admit is a He Said She Said is:
1. A pay day where they have money thrown at them because they were the victim of a crime that is difficult if not impossible to win in court.
2. The ability to collectively or individually pop up now and again to remind the world that a public figure is a bad guy.

And honestly to 2 I don't give 2 shits if he has to pay out the ass and have this chase him around forever. My entire position is the NFL made the decision to leave his discipline what it was...so barring anything crazy new...what are we talking about regarding his playing status

will victim 37 be the final straw? I mean come on.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Florio: Although Deshaun Watson has been suspended 11 games by the NFL for the allegations, the league has not completely ruled out the possibility of further punishment.

Tom Pelissero: The settlement (11-game suspension) covers the four cases Judge Sue L. Robinson ruled on, as well as any substantially similar violations before the date of the agreement (Aug 18, 2022). So, any new allegations of the same conduct from 2019-2021 wouldn’t be subject to NFL investigation or discipline.The current case being talked about is about conduct from 2019-2021. So it’s not new! It’s not news! It’s not subject to further discipline!

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way bro is on the internet white knighting a sex offender.
I'm on the internet thinking the story of his accusers doesn't make a lot of sense. Not one of them was held against her will and could have left, never mind the ones who were so distraught they called him to try and see him again.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing would be better than if they could void this dudes contract and move forward. That said... unless there is something really compelling beyond more of the same the time for this has come and gone. 3 years ladies. Nothing he's been accused of has even brought forth real charges. Just money thrown around to shut everyone up.

It's a fine line of "defending" this man. he's a shit human. The Browns trading for him was a colossal mistake. But enough is enough if it's just more of the same.
agree other than the mistake part....sure looks like it might be but also a chance the guy could play well for a few years or beyond. Many other teams but ours I might even say decent chance.

Not like the Wilson trade or trade up for Lance which now has no chance to work out.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with stakes that don't really care much about #2. As to #1 there can also be a shoot your shot payday and make up a narrative that cannot be disproved.

At this point can only hope the guy has learned from his mistakes, used and continues to use the therapy to his advantage and for the love of God use someone from the team for massages...... and if you must have a "massage therapist" who will give a happy ending could ya limit it to 1?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And honestly to 2 I don't give 2 shits if he has to pay out the ass and have this chase him around forever. My entire position is the NFL made the decision to leave his discipline what it was...so barring anything crazy new...what are we talking about regarding his playing status

will victim 37 be the final straw? I mean come on.
It’s CYA. He’s not a trustworthy person. The NFL made an announcement they’ll likely never have to follow through with. They did it because God knows what will come out of any future testimony about him.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with stakes that don't really care much about #2. As to #1 there can also be a shoot your shot payday and make up a narrative that cannot be disproved.
You think 23 women decided to work in conspiracy with each other? It’s hard to get 23 women to agree on anything but hey…he’s a Brown.
At this point can only hope the guy has learned from his mistakes, used and continues to use the therapy to his advantage and for the love of God use someone from the team for massages...... and if you must have a "massage therapist" who will give a happy ending could ya limit it to 1?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think 23 women decided to work in conspiracy with each other? It’s hard to get 23 women to agree on anything but hey…he’s a Brown.
I think an attorney let it be known that if you were in a room alone with Watson you might be able to get a nice payday. None were held against their will and could have walked out the door. Good number called him back to see him again. Yeah, their story seems believable.

I guess because he's a Brown you believe their story?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think an attorney let it be known that if you were in a room alone with Watson you might be able to get a nice payday. None were held against their will and could have walked out the door. Good number called him back to see him again. Yeah, their story seems believable.

I guess because he's a Brown you believe their story?
I believe their story. I believed their story before he was traded to the Browns.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe their story. I believed their story before he was traded to the Browns.
You believe a woman was a victim who was never held against her will, could have walked out the door and called back the guy who allegedly abused her to see him again?

OK?

Oh, and I thought the stories seemed shaky before I thought there was much of a chance we could get him.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You believe a woman was a victim who was never held against her will, could have walked out the door and called back the guy who allegedly abused her to see him again?
Yes I do because I clearly know more about this topic than you do. There’s no prescribed way for someone to act or react when they’re the victim of a sexual assault.
OK?

Oh, and I thought the stories seemed shaky before I thought there was much of a chance we could get him.
IMG_4028.gif

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I do because I clearly know more about this topic than you do. There’s no prescribed way for someone to act or react when they’re the victim of a sexual assault.

View attachment 354726
You know of many "victims" who reach out to their alleged attacker so they can see him again?

It's OK, you can say that doesn't add up.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know of many "victims" who reach out to their alleged attacker so they can see him again?
Yes. Battered women will often go back time and time again to their abuser.
It's OK, you can say that doesn't add up.
It’s immaterial to me. I don’t exist to shame sexual assault victims because the criminal plays QB for my football team.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This issue has been going on for years. Said it many years ago and know several people have said the same. Watson’s stats in Houston are misleading, most are late in game when opposing team was in prevent D.
Hope the Browns can get out of that ridiculous contract.