• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL appealing Watson suspension

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't play football forever, eventually you're need your image to make money. Better live in Cleveland the rest of his life, they appreciate mediocrity there.

Yeah, rebuilding his image is going to rather difficult. Plus, he needs to prove he can still play. People forget, the last time we saw him play was on a 4-12 Texans team. Yeah, he was on bad team but QBs carry the load. Can he do that? I think his suspension will end up being the entire 2022 season or at least 12 games minimum. If so, that is two years without playing.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they will. Kid still might play well. They went 4-12 with Watson and he put up great numbers.
Their defense was horrible that season.

Watson is a far better signal caller than Mills. LOL.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their defense was horrible that season.

Watson is a far better signal caller than Mills. LOL.

Well duh, of course Watson is better than Mills.... They still went 4-12 with Watson and he put up good numbers. I'm not saying the Texans are going 12-5 but I do think Mills will play decent and put up some good numbers.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to The Associated Press, Watson would accept an eight-game suspension and a $5 million fine. This could come in the form of a settlement, but the thought is that the NFL will come down much harder on Watson. The league reportedly argued for Robinson to deliver an indefinite suspension initially. In the appeal process, however, it is not Robinson who will make the final decision, but former New Jersey Attorney General Peter C. Harvey -- who was appointed by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell. Once again, the NFL will be seeking an indefinite suspension of at least one year, plus a fine, according to CBS Sports NFL Insider Jonathan Jones.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you mean potential consequences as possible he has already served his punishment for the money grabbers?
No that's not what I meant at all. I'm not even sure how you get to that conclusion based on what I said.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

like what?

I'm sorry. I think hes absolutely a creep. But this is going on 3 years and you had full emotional support on every possible level to bring something forward.

So now is simply to extort this dipshit for his previous dipshittery

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No that's not what I meant at all. I'm not even sure how you get to that conclusion based on what I said.
You said "if it isn't the consequences of his own actions" when it's very possible (and maybe even likely) there will be no more consequences for what happened with the money grabbers.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said "if it isn't the consequences of his own actions" when it's very possible (and maybe even likely) there will be no more consequences for what happened with the money grabbers.
No way bro is on the internet white knighting a sex offender.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has the NFL ruled out repaying him if no evidence comes out?

World class creep, but when you're the one in power you can't abuse that power. And Goodell and the NFL are among the worst abusers of their power I have seen.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has the NFL ruled out repaying him if no evidence comes out?

World class creep, but when you're the one in power you can't abuse that power. And Goodell and the NFL are among the worst abusers of their power I have seen.
I dont think Goodell will ever get that memo.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank goodness there is no further evidence.

...Right???

Like most fans I was hoping this had all gone away.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank goodness there is no further evidence.

...Right???

Like most fans I was hoping this had all gone away.

nothing would be better than if they could void this dudes contract and move forward. That said... unless there is something really compelling beyond more of the same the time for this has come and gone. 3 years ladies. Nothing he's been accused of has even brought forth real charges. Just money thrown around to shut everyone up.

It's a fine line of "defending" this man. he's a shit human. The Browns trading for him was a colossal mistake. But enough is enough if it's just more of the same.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing would be better than if they could void this dudes contract and move forward. That said... unless there is something really compelling beyond more of the same the time for this has come and gone. 3 years ladies. Nothing he's been accused of has even brought forth real charges. Just money thrown around to shut everyone up.

It's a fine line of "defending" this man. he's a shit human. The Browns trading for him was a colossal mistake. But enough is enough if it's just more of the same.
Statute of limitations on sexual assault in Texas is ten years after the incident.

So sorry that Browns fans will have to go through all this, the entirety of this fuckbags contract.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statute of limitations on sexual assault in Texas is ten years after the incident.

So sorry that Browns fans will have to go through all this, the entirety of this fuckbags contract.

and as I said bring something compelling that is more than "he pulled his weiner out once and it was weird but yea I still massaged him 12 more times" that falls into that category.

I'm gonna go on a limb and say we got nothing compelling beyond he said she said. And as I said nothing would bring me more glee than this dude having his deal voided. But dragging this into "the unprovable" is a waste of everyone's time. We already did this. You had 3 years.