• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL 2016 draft question for offense coming out

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the QB class is pretty weak this year. Definitely not last year. And the RBs seems ok as usual. The WRs? Are Treadwell, Doctson, Coleman, Fuller good enough to see 3 of them go in the top 15 & 6 go in the 1st round like last year? TE's?? :scratch:

Hell is there more than 1 LT even in this draft?

So if this is the case and (most) NFL teams are winning Superbowls because of great D, WTH are these offensive guys going to do as rookies? I'm sure a few can help some teams right away and a few diamonds in the rough, but man.. Sure seems like this years draft for offense is lacking. QBs in this draft don't impress me. QBs like Jameis and Mariota struggled at times last year and they were pretty solid coming out of college.

It's either this year sucks for offense or last year was loaded on offense.

Ammiright?
:yo:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:kk:

:scared:

:fish2:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what we are seeing is a huge switch when it comes to the draft that a lot of the athleticism goes to the defensive side of the ball. OL is a great example of when you have an athletic freak you would rather have them play DL and attack the QB than play OL. So other than the skill position players (and they are lacking this year) it really is tough to find the guys needed.

Throw in players are leaving at record numbers as juniors compared to years past. So there is a lot more unknown about these guys with lack of game film and lack of maturity. You are having to draft more on projection than actual production.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's either this year sucks for offense or last year was loaded on offense.
Last year was loaded and this year is sub par. If you remember, Mariota stayed in college in extra year so that helped make that QB class look better. It'll be more apparent how loaded last year was on offense when the WRs get a few healthy years in the NFL down.

2016 is a good #2 WR draft. Its a good developmental QB draft. Its a good backup QB draft.

All of the good TEs stayed in school except for one. The best RB in college last year is still in college at LSU.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year was loaded and this year is sub par. If you remember, Mariota stayed in college in extra year so that helped make that QB class look better. It'll be more apparent how loaded last year was on offense when the WRs get a few healthy years in the NFL down.

2016 is a good #2 WR draft. Its a good developmental QB draft. Its a good backup QB draft.

All of the good TEs stayed in school except for one. The best RB in college last year is still in college at LSU.

I agree with all of this statement, but Fournette and Cook are neck and neck at RB.

RBs Fournette and Dalvin Cook coming out next year is filthy, nasty if they stay healthy. :hope:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what does everyone think of Moritz Boehringer? Looks like a solid day 3 TE pick to me, but the hype may drive him earlier in the draft?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what we are seeing is a huge switch when it comes to the draft that a lot of the athleticism goes to the defensive side of the ball. OL is a great example of when you have an athletic freak you would rather have them play DL and attack the QB than play OL. So other than the skill position players (and they are lacking this year) it really is tough to find the guys needed.

Throw in players are leaving at record numbers as juniors compared to years past. So there is a lot more unknown about these guys with lack of game film and lack of maturity. You are having to draft more on projection than actual production.

Another really good statement. Projects seem to be the magic work for offense this coming draft.

Besides last year's draft I think the defensive players have been ahead or more plentiful than the offensive "quality" players. If this continues, how long before the NFL gives the offense an extra man on 3rd down or something crazy? Defenses are running the league, besides a few offenses of course.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what does everyone think of Moritz Boehringer? Looks like a solid day 3 TE pick to me, but the hype may drive him earlier in the draft?

Sounds like he's the Ivan Drago of Germany. Mystery man.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't help that so many college programs are running spread offenses, which stunts the growth of pro offensive prospects across the board. Even the guys that put up astronomical numbers are going to need extensive re-training.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't help that so many college programs are running spread offenses, which stunts the growth of pro offensive prospects across the board. Even the guys that put up astronomical numbers are going to need extensive re-training.
Christian Hackenberg was seen as a lock to go in the first round after his freshman season and then the offense changed and he couldn't hack it.

A lot of the high profile schools must be going through a gap in their recruiting, too. LSU, Wisconsin and Florida St usually produce more NFL talent. I know Mizzou had a recruitment gap and I'm assuming Texas A&M is having some transition pains or is being poorly coached. Lord knows Texas and Nebraska are having issues.

The draft has to lean on Ohio State, Alabama, Clemson, Baylor and Oklahoma as the draft powers and thats a bit harder to project. Bama is coming in with a lot of talent but not a lot of it projects to the 'modern' NFL game the way you want. Ohio St had so much talent that they couldn't give it enough play time. If you can make anything of Michael Thomas or Braxton Miller than thats more power to you but I have no clue.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't quite go as far as saying this is a complaint thread, but given the fact that the NFL game is slanted in favor of the OFC...quite refreshing to me to see DEF players at the top of this draft class...of course PIT needs DEF, so that doesn't hurt matters...lol.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with your assessment on the offensive tackle position, there are some decent prospects and I think you will see like 5 guys go in the top 20 this year.

Laremy Tunsil (probably first overall)

Ronnie Stanley

Jack Conklin

Taylor Decker

Jason Spriggs

All go by pick 20 I think.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with your assessment on the offensive tackle position, there are some decent prospects and I think you will see like 5 guys go in the top 20 this year.

Laremy Tunsil (probably first overall)

Ronnie Stanley

Jack Conklin

Taylor Decker

Jason Spriggs

All go by pick 20 I think.

Are any besides Tunsil LT starter material tho? I didn't say the OT position was weak. I can see a few possible starters at RT, but who else at LT?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all those guys are considered starting material. Some may have to start at OG as rookies but all are considered starting caliber tackles, most of them eventually LT.

Bottom line is this draft is considered average at QB, RB and WR, below average at TE, average at G, above average at OT and C.

You probably will see more defensive players than offensive players in the first round overall.

But because QBs are in such short supply, probably three will be taken, and then 1 or 2 RBs and WRs each, about 5 OTs and possibly one OG.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an overall weak draft class. It's not 2009, but it's in the same area.

That said, this draft is VERY DL/LB heavy, both run and pass rushing. As always there are skill positions at WR, S/CB, QB sneaking into the early rounds but no elite standout talent spare Ramsey I guess.

Drafts always tend to lean a certain way. 2015 for example was heavy O-Line/WR with two early selections for QB.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an overall weak draft class. It's not 2009, but it's in the same area.

That said, this draft is VERY DL/LB heavy, both run and pass rushing. As always there are skill positions at WR, S/CB, QB sneaking into the early rounds but no elite standout talent spare Ramsey I guess.

Drafts always tend to lean a certain way. 2015 for example was heavy O-Line/WR with two early selections for QB.

I can dig that. 2015 was one of the better offensive drafts in sometime IMO. Defense has led the charge for years it seems.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christian Hackenberg was seen as a lock to go in the first round after his freshman season and then the offense changed and he couldn't hack it.

In his favor though, he was good in the pro style offense and bad in the spread. He was also the victim of a coaching change (and the resulting transfers) and a very porous OL.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his favor though, he was good in the pro style offense and bad in the spread. He was also the victim of a coaching change (and the resulting transfers) and a very porous OL.
I'm trying to decide if I want to draft him for the Chiefs in my mock draft late in the 2nd round. It seems like a good fit while simultaneously a 80% chance of wasting a pick.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all those guys are considered starting material. Some may have to start at OG as rookies but all are considered starting caliber tackles, most of them eventually LT.

Bottom line is this draft is considered average at QB, RB and WR, below average at TE, average at G, above average at OT and C.

You probably will see more defensive players than offensive players in the first round overall.

But because QBs are in such short supply, probably three will be taken, and then 1 or 2 RBs and WRs each, about 5 OTs and possibly one OG.
Agree totally. O linemen take a couple years to become NFL quality tackles. I like your assessment of how many QBs, RBs... will go in round one. I'm hoping your wrong and only one RB goes in the first. That way the Pats have a chance at getting a decent RB late 2nd if they want? But watching BB over the years he'll likely trade those two picks away for a lineman who's had multiple knee surgeries and future picks in 17, 18...lol

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now reports say Dallas, Cleveland, San Fran all could take a QB. San Fran in play for #1 pick?

Let the hype roll..