• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFCCG: SF @ Sea 1/19/13

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to add to that, any good play that Kaepernick makes, we will can a "run"

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best way to get in to Boldin's head is just to keep the gums shut and play the guy tough. Don't give him any reason to talk. He'll get po'd on his own if Seattle shuts the offense down.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did Michael Crabtree become Jerry Rice? All I'm hearing about is how a guy who's had one 1000+ yard season and happens to drop more than his fair share is back. I'm more worried about Boldin to tell you the truth, but we made him look like the old man he is the last time he was here. Both of these passing offenses are over-matched and it's probably going to be a low scoring affair, unless Kaep shits his pants once again.

Having crabtree this time vs the first game of the year means we can't simply bracket boldin all day, stuff the box and call it a day in the early 3rd quarter. He has the speed and ability to make you pay if you don't respect him. You can't just focus on davis and boldin the whole day. I don't think most people think Crabtree is going to light them up for 150y or something, but if you don't respect him you are toast.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not saying I dont respect Crabtree. He's a great player but he's only averaged around 30 yards a game against the hawks and has never scored a touchdown on against them. He does make Boldin better though as Boldin was a much bigger factor in the 2nd game.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We curb stomped the Giners last time they came to Clink without Harvin, we can do it again. Giners have crabs, but legion of boom will harass him all game long.

Too much BeastMode. Too much Legion of Boom.

Final score Hawks 24 - Giners 13.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding the match ups and trying to get into Boldin's head. You have one CB that can do that and that is Sherman. That means that if Sherman is manning up on Boldin all day, you are resting your defensive backfield hopes on Maxwell matching up against Crabtree. I agree Maxwell to be a nice player but Crabtree is far superior. So who do you SEA fans want Sherman to man up on? To me, it seems as if that is a "pick your poison" scenario. If you man up RS on AB, then Crabtree goes off and frankly I hope this is the case. If you match up RS on Crabs, then Boldin is one on one with Maxwell.
I feel good about any member of the LoB matching up with anyone else. Don't sleep on Byron Maxwell just because he doesn't have the notoriety Sherman does. He came in to replace Brandon Browner and all he did was intercept 4 passes in 4 weeks. He's also a better cover corner than Browner was because he has better speed and quickness to avoid getting burned on double moves like Browner was prone to.

It is a "pick your poison" scenario, but it's the other way around. SF has to pick their poison and decide who they want to try their luck against in our secondary.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did Michael Crabtree become Jerry Rice? All I'm hearing about is how a guy who's had one 1000+ yard season and happens to drop more than his fair share is back. I'm more worried about Boldin to tell you the truth, but we made him look like the old man he is the last time he was here. Both of these passing offenses are over-matched and it's probably going to be a low scoring affair, unless Kaep shits his pants once again.

You made him look like an old man because he was the only receiving threat the 49ers had in that game. How old did he look in the 2nd game this season when Sherman was hanging all over him and he still made 6 catches for 93 yards? the difference was the 49ers had 3 guys that the seahawks had to cover in the 2nd game while they had just boldin to worry about in the first game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
You made him look like an old man because he was the only receiving threat the 49ers had in that game. How old did he look in the 2nd game this season when Sherman was hanging all over him and he still made 6 catches for 93 yards? the difference was the 49ers had 3 guys that the seahawks had to cover in the 2nd game while they had just boldin to worry about in the first game.

Technically, I think Crabtree made some of his catches and yardage against other Seahawks CBs such as Byron Maxwell. That said, I agree with your point about Crabtree.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

We had to worry about V Davis in the first game. According to the box score, he played, but we held him to 3 catches for 20 yards:

San Francisco 49ers vs. Seattle Seahawks - Box Score - September 15, 2013 - ESPN

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
We had to worry about V Davis in the first game. According to the box score, he played, but we held him to 3 catches for 20 yards:

San Francisco 49ers vs. Seattle Seahawks - Box Score - September 15, 2013 - ESPN

Vernon left the game early with a hamstring injury.

Eric Reid also left early with a concussion.

Starting NT Ian Williams was injured that day too; it was the first time Glenn Dorsey had to fill in at NT.

Needless to say it was not a good day for the 49ers.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I've heard that Glenn Dorsey has filled in pretty well for you guys. Is that true?

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically, I think Crabtree made some of his catches and yardage against other Seahawks CBs such as Byron Maxwell. That said, I agree with your point about Crabtree.

I was talking about Boldin not crabtree

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm not sure what your definition of "early" is but mine wouldn't be leaving at 13:44 of the 4th quarter like Vernon Davis did.

Whoops! I thought he left the game early. My mistake.

Maybe it was because the Niners' offense was never on the field for more than 3 plays at a time that I missed him. :L

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stopping Frank Gore will be the key to winning the game for Seattle. I would almost say that having KJ Wright back for this game is more important than having Percy Harvin

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Stopping Frank Gore will be the key to winning the game for Seattle. I would almost say that having KJ Wright back for this game is more important than having Percy Harvin

You'd seriously rather have a healthy KJ Wright than a healthy Percy Harvin for this game?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd seriously rather have a healthy KJ Wright than a healthy Percy Harvin for this game?

Actually it probably works out better for the Seahawks. When he was in the game you could tell that he was out of sync with the offense. KJ's a beast and we have to worry about containing Kaep and Gore.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dred, you will need some data to back that up, but I disagree completely. Just look at Maxwell's CB rating. IIRC, his is even better than Sherm's, he is just a much more quiet personality.

Using limited stats by Maxwell to justify your position would be like me championing Brock as a bonafide #1 CB, even though he has only started less then half of our games this season. Do you REALLY need stats reported to tell you what Crabtree brings to the table? Check last year's stats, or just look at the impact he has made on our entire offense since returning...even while not being at 100%. Again, I'm not calling Maxwell a scrub, I am just saying that right now, Crabtree is a better player.

Apparently I guess we agree to disagree and we shall see how the matchup plays out Sunday.
:suds: