• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NFC Title Game: 49ers AT RAMS 6:30 PM EST

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought deebo died thst play, you don't see too many hits like that any more

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again my point.
you had the lead the deep into the game. Again once the Rams started their Comeback & you werent able to count on the defense. You turn to your Qb to sustain drives &/or score more points. He fell on his face, when you had to count on him. Your Offense only scored 17 points. & even to score that it took a breakout run from Deebo to get to that point. When your whole team is playing well. He doesnt lose games for you. but he also doesnt go & win them for you when the team isnt playing as well. & you have to count on him.
Some of that is on the OC & HC...and the O-line as well.
The O-line for not creating seams for the RB to exploit for good or even decent gains.....The OC for calling run plays when the passing game was clicking...then calling pass plays when the defense was expecting it....and the HC for overseeing the entire 4th qtr collapse and failing to rectify it.

Also some of the blame needs to be on the secondary. They were back on their heels for most of the game, made some silly penalties, and never really did any discernible adjustments for when it mattered most.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The O-line for not creating seams for the RB to exploit for good or even decent gains.....The OC for calling run plays when the passing game was clicking...then calling pass plays when the defense was expecting it....and the HC for overseeing the entire 4th qtr collapse and failing to rectify it.

Also some of the blame needs to be on the secondary. They were back on their heels for most of the game, made some silly penalties, and never really did any discernible adjustments for when it mattered most.
I think you misunderstand me.
I am not saying he is the sole reason for the loss.
My point is he is an average Qb & isnt good enough to overcome when the team isnt playing at optimum play.

When your Defense is hitting on all cylinders & the running game is gaining 200+ yds there are posters like Meg thinking They won on Jimmy G's 8 pass attempts.

The niners lost as a team, just like how they win. My point to the delusional is you werent gonna count on Jimmy G to carry the team if needed.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The secondary has been hard to watch all season. I would like that really addressed in the off season.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO, the Niners biggest needs are secondary and o-line. I am pretty much OK with every other aspect of the roster.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The secondary has been hard to watch all season. I would like that really addressed in the off season.

IMHO, the Niners biggest needs are secondary and o-line. I am pretty much OK with every other aspect of the roster.
Yep....and if those aren't absolute priorities, then they'll begin backsliding into mediocrity....ie: 8-9, 7-10, 6-11 territory.
They have a decent nucleus...but upgrades and a few tweaks here and there are always necessary...just for depth's sake.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep....and if those aren't absolute priorities, then they'll begin backsliding into mediocrity....ie: 8-9, 7-10, 6-11 territory.
Not feeling the Trey Lance era about to commence?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not just yet....he's still pretty much a green horn.
He's got a ways to go before making that leap...imho.
That's up to him.
do you think you will keep Jimmy G next year then?