• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC Supremacy

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm betting pretty much nobody had the week 11 match-up between the Cardinals and the Lions circled on the schedule as the battle for first place in the NFC.

Yet here we are, heading to Arizona to face the 8-1 Cardinals. Our 7-2 record is the next best right now, although Philly could move to 7-2 with a win against Carolina tomorrow night.

These next two road games come against arguably the two best teams in the league right now, so a win will be tough to come by. It's a damn good thing we got a W today. New England basically doesn't lose at home, so I think if we're going to split this pair of road games our best bet is against Arizona without their starting QB.

Hopefully our offense builds off today's performance and our defense keeps doing exactly what they've done all year long...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like our chances next week against Arizona. If I remember correctly, and I could be wrong, I think it has been a long time since we have won in Arizona.

Carson Palmer looks like he is done for a while after being carted off the field. I think the Lions defense will eat up Drew Stanton. If the offense can continue to build and pick up momentum -- I think the Lions will continue to roll.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I would bet there isn't a sports reporter or expert who would have guessed these two teams would be playing a game as the top two teams in week 11. Pretty crazy season in the NFL thus far. That is what makes the NFL so great though.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm betting pretty much nobody had the week 11 match-up between the Cardinals and the Lions circled on the schedule as the battle for first place in the NFC.

Yet here we are, heading to Arizona to face the 8-1 Cardinals. Our 7-2 record is the next best right now, although Philly could move to 7-2 with a win against Carolina tomorrow night.

These next two road games come against arguably the two best teams in the league right now, so a win will be tough to come by. It's a damn good thing we got a W today. New England basically doesn't lose at home, so I think if we're going to split this pair of road games our best bet is against Arizona without their starting QB.

Hopefully our offense builds off today's performance and our defense keeps doing exactly what they've done all year long...

I am not as scared of the Pats since about week 5. I had the Packers Saints and Falcons as the hard games with the Pats being the hardest. Lions have done many uncharacteristic things this year. Said earlier the culture was changing in Detroit. Running out the clock to get wins was first glimpse. Then you see comebacks on road or at home instead of shooting themselves in foot late.

Now the team never feels out of a game IMO. I will not discount this defense against anyone at the moment.

Yes I sure did not think this would have possible playoff implications involved.

lionscanWIN

The Morenci Mauler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at this point i don't give a fuck who we play!
SO FUCK NEW ENGLAND! AND FUCK THE REST OF THE LEAGUE! THEY CAN ALL SUCK STAFFORD'S FAT COCK AS HE JAMS IT DOWN THEIR THROATS ON ROUTE TO ANOTHER WIN :D

CALVIN IS BACK AND STAFFORD JUST MAKES WINS APPEAR OUT OF THIN AIR!

I FUCKING LOVE THIS TEAM IT JUST NEVER STOPS KICKING ASS AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

sunsguns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UH .... yall OBVIOUSLY have not been tuning in to Cards football this season. Arizona beat both the Niners and Giants with Stanton at QB this season while Palmer was out with his nerve problem. If you've already inked in a "W" over the Cards at The Toaster next Sunday, you may well be in store for a HUGE disappointment indeed. :whistle:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona beat both the Niners and Giants with Stanton at QB this season

I definitely don't think it will be easy. I really like our chances much better with now though. You have to remember -- Detroit is the team Stanton played for prior to the Cardinals, so Detroit fans know exactly what Stanton brings to the table. He is a gamer, can run the ball if needed, but he isn't very accurate and can be rattled by pressure.

If Detroit's rush defense plays like they have all year -- it could be a really low scoring game.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UH .... yall OBVIOUSLY have not been tuning in to Cards football this season. Arizona beat both the Niners and Giants with Stanton at QB this season while Palmer was out with his nerve problem. If you've already inked in a "W" over the Cards at The Toaster next Sunday, you may well be in store for a HUGE disappointment indeed. :whistle:

Holy jumping to conclusions Batman! No, seriously Batman, where u at bro? You got my back, or what? Batman...?

Anywho, the Cards are he best team in the NFC, and anyone paying attention knows you guys did it with Stanton at the helm for a couple of those. We drafted Stanton, and he played his college ball at Michigan State, so I'd bet most Lions fans probably keep a bit closer track on him than the average NFL fan, too.

It definitely won't be an easy one, especially on the road against a stout defense. That being said, Stanton is not as good as Palmer, so that obviously boost our chances to steal a road win, at least to some extent. His mobility will be an asset against our attacking D, which will be the best he's seen this year by a pretty good margin.

I think your team is getting more respect on the national level than you might think right now, though.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy jumping to conclusions Batman! No, seriously Batman, where u at bro? You got my back, or what? Batman...?
Of course.....

a8dd1e6a14f8f13037704d7f8d1003ac.jpg
....and anyone with a problem with it can, in the words of the great LCW, suck a fat cock. Lol

But seriously, I don't think any Lions fan is already penciling in this win. Besides LCW's crazy post, albeit a highly entertaining one, every Lions fan I have read takes this Cards team very seriously. Best record in NFC? Tough D? Stanton with possibly something to prove? On the road for us? Yeah, this will be yet another tough test for both sides of the ball. But I can guaran-damn-tee you Caldwell and co. will have this team ready.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona might have the SECOND-best defense in football. On the road, a bigger test than the Dolphins this week, but Detroit outplayed Miami badly and should have won by 14.

I'd like to see two wins in the next 3 games (Chicago is a gimme, obviously), and I'd be happy.

And I'm more scared of the Patriots in Foxboro than I am of the Cardinals.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would disagree that Chicago is a gimme. Divisional games are always battles, and I'm sure Chicago is still trying to save face. I won't take them for granted. It's the NFL, anything can happen imo.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to find a way to win 1 of the next 2. If we do that I cant see us going worse than 11-5 barring catastrophic injuries. I do not think 10-6 will be good enough this year to make the playoffs because unfortunately a team from the south division has to be in it.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be thrilled to see the lions get one of the next two.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona might have the SECOND-best defense in football. On the road, a bigger test than the Dolphins this week, but Detroit outplayed Miami badly and should have won by 14.

I'd like to see two wins in the next 3 games (Chicago is a gimme, obviously), and I'd be happy.

And I'm more scared of the Patriots in Foxboro than I am of the Cardinals.

Agree Foxboro will be much more difficult to win at. I'm not sold on the bears game being a gimme.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cards are a great football team and dominant at home. It's going to be a battle.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cards need to run the ball with Stanton at QB.

If Detroit's run defense shows up I think Detroit could steal a win on the road. To bad Palmer blew his need out. that will hurt them keeping up their pace.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know who beats the Lions worse than the Packers in Green Bay? Former Lions players, especially QB's who didn't do shit for us. I'm more scared with Stanton at QB than Palmer. Although this season definitely hasn't been a typical Lions seasons so far, so maybe we can throw my 30 years of viewing history in the trash.