• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC Supremacy

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense taken whatsoever Bud. Was actually talking about this earlier today with my grandma, and thanks for asking.

Im not homeless right now. (Although I dont have a landlord or a mortgage either, yet.)Was for longer than I would have liked to been. It ain't fun. I usually like to play around when it comes to actual difficult, real life things. Makes it easier. But heres my homelessness.

Couple years back, I was teaching and working part time slingin' produce at Meijer for extra scratch and insurance,(Private school, no insurance and kinda crumby pay.) down in good old Kalamazoo. (Good city if your stuck without a home. The Gospel Mission does wonderful things and has a lot of beds. There's also a big building called the Rickman House downtown.) My Great Uncle was losing his mind thanks to Alzheimer's up in Mid-Michigan.(Home) His in home nurse didn't feel safe anymore, couldn't let herself stay any longer.

So I went. Biggest baseball fan Ive ever known. Loved Dimitri Young like I love Don Kelly. Got a job on a local farm. He got to stay at home, everyone was happy. But his mind was going faster and faster. Didn't even know who I was some days. And he wasnt very happy about strangers in house. And I woke up one night to him over me with a gun and a knife, demanding to know my mission. (He was a ParaTrooper in Africa, Cicily, Italy and France.) I got the gun away quick and luckily the knife before he hurt either of us. But couldn't stay there any longer either. (A friend at work tried to kill himself about the same time, few minths difference. I got his gun. Didnt know he had a knife. Im real glad He didnt bleed out.)Bounced around nights (couches and camped out at a little park between his place and work.)and went there(when he was sleeping if I was lucky)to make him food, do his laundry, take care of his animals and such.

Eventually I started staying at work. (It got fucking cold in the Coleman)There's where the Hobo Nest comes in. One day my friend came up and asked if Id seen who was living in the calf barn. I just kinda stood there. Hahaha. Stunned. "There's a damn Hobo Nest in the corner!" There's a nice kitchen and decent shower out back in the milking parlor. And I was never late. I said it musta been one of the migrants. And took my sleeping bag to the laundromat.

Really long story still long. My uncle had to go to a home. He passed away a couple months ago. (Earlier today my grandma asked if I thought he was in a better place. "I know he is..." Was my reply.) Peacefully in his sleep. Just had the auction on his farm.(Couple days before the Saints Game.) Thought my buddy that's up there in Minny too was gonna get it. He barely got out bid.

So now, just like RobBase, I stay with my folks. 33, living in the room I lived in from 4-17. Only then girls weren't allowed upstairs and now my lady lives in there too. (And my little sister painted over my Maize walls when I moved out) She transferred to Lansing and were looking to buy our first house. She refuses to rent again. (We did throw away a lot of money renting for 8 years.) Spend a lot of time at my Grandmas. Big day over there tomorrow, moving everything out the living room and dining room. New carpet on Wednesday.

She's a social worker and actually stayed over and got a family placed in a shelter tonight. So I know there are some options for folks in the Capitol City too. (I know thru her that there are many services to provide for food and clothing. And a couple options for medical services.)

Really feel for people that have to go thru it. Especially those who don't have the means for food. I can't imagine trying to do that thru the winter.
(Any positives you took from your situation back in '87?)
Have a good one Bud:suds: imago burn another one!

Well Smitty im glad you dont have to go though that shit anymore.:suds:. When I was homeless in 87 I didnt know what to do. I stayed at friends places once in awhile but i didn't want to wear out my welcome. Washtenaw county wouldn't help me out for shit. In the end my grandparents let me back in. Finally I met a nice woman and she got me out of my grandparents house. What a relief :lol: Now it's Toke up time. The morning wake and bake. I could tell you some stories about some of the crazy people that I met when I was with out a place to live. Crazy shit buddy. Good luck on everything Smitty

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought Ramen recently at the grocery store. Wish my futon wasn't in storage, with the rest of my life. And am looking at communitty college courses for the winter semester.

Thought Id give the sorority sisters more ammo. Know they love to slam people's personal lives.

Proud of you Smitty! Takes a bigger man to admit personal issues in life than to hide from them.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're so damned sarcastic all the time I thought the homeless thing was some sort of joke that I missed the humor in.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're so damned sarcastic all the time I thought the homeless thing was some sort of joke that I missed the humor in.

Defense mechanism possibly? I know at a young age I started making fun of myself with dyslexia and weight. People leave you alone when they think you don't care. So overtime actually turned into good medicine for me. I have grasped both issues don't care anymore.

Sometimes you just can't figure out why you were ashamed of earlier issues.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuller hasn't missed a game all year. That's a lot of impact for one rookies broken hand. (I know he picked off two passes that week against San Fran, but he's not good enough to make Chicago good. Even if he's 200% healthy.)

Actually, I never said they were good. They were below average even at their best. They are flat out terrible now.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chicago games worry me more than NE ari and gb.

Lol. Im sorry? I think the lions will have a more difficult time at arizona GB and NE than at chicago.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take it easy on for backup QB, you knock him out the Cardinals defense will take some revenge on yours! Play nice, and no cheap shots on him.........he's our last hope!

Should be a great game and it should of been a flex game........best teams in the NFC head to head? Anyone else this game gets flex. The NFL just doesn't know how to handle the success of these two teams which is obvious when they are being discussed. It's like the are looking at each other when talking about them........they are clueless!

I agree, why the fuck isnt it?

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Im sorry? I think the lions will have a more difficult time at arizona GB and NE than at chicago.

You'll see. They are a good team but a lot of times when I think about who worries me on a schedule it isn't just a question of who's good or who's bad. Its a question of how do they match up with Detroit. I think we match up very well against Arizona and NE. I like how we match up there a lot more than vs Chicago. At least on paper. Chicago very well may have cashed out at that point and their players may stop caring which changes things, but at their best chicago is a nightmare match up for Detroit.