• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFC East camp updates!

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes very good. What would you know you already said you don't watch the OL.

Neither do you and I’ve never EVER heard anyone call him “very good”. All I heard is Cowboy fans saying that Dallas probably wouldn’t resign and and it’s no big deal. He definitely isn’t “very good”. I think he has a reputation of just being average.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's false and an assumption and his twitter profile website is bleeding greeen.com
If you include Cooper on the "negative" side then include the rankings only since Cooper was on the team.
You don't use this years salaries and last years ranking. They won't be 24 this year and weren't once Cooper came on board.
you spend the cap if trying to improve your team. Whether you are 1st or last in Offense. So again dumb.

Do you know what they averaged while Cooper was there and what their ranking would be. Just seems like good old smack talk. He’s just saying a lot of the O is or is going to be the one highest paid players in the league at their positions and the O was only 24th. Harmless smack talk.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither do you and I’ve never EVER heard anyone call him “very good”. All I heard is Cowboy fans saying that Dallas probably wouldn’t resign and and it’s no big deal. He definitely isn’t “very good”. I think he has a reputation of just being average.

Yes I do pay attention to the lines, remember in the most inportant thread I said I'd build my lines before I worried about the glamour positions.
Now I did think Collins wouldn't be resigned because I know there will be cap casualties and he's not as good as Smith, Martin or Frederick and Williams on a rookie deal. Common sense isn't saying Collins is no good it's looking at where cuts are possible. And again yes he's very good especially in the run blocking game. I don't think any of us said great but he's no where near as bad as some morons are saying.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know what they averaged while Cooper was there and what their ranking would be. Just seems like good old smack talk. He’s just saying a lot of the O is or is going to be the one highest paid players in the league at their positions and the O was only 24th. Harmless smack talk.
I don't have a crystal ball, but I suspect they will be a lot better than 24 this year. I'll say top half of the league in scoring.
Smack talk? Is this 1985??? :D

I don't listen to those stupid made up stats that people use to try to make themselves look smart. And the Cowboys were 23rd in the league in money spent on Offense last year. So about even. Whoever he is he's an idiot.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I do pay attention to the lines, remember in the most inportant thread I said I'd build my lines before I worried about the glamour positions.
Now I did think Collins wouldn't be resigned because I know there will be cap casualties and he's not as good as Smith, Martin or Frederick and Williams on a rookie deal. Common sense isn't saying Collins is no good it's looking at where cuts are possible. And again yes he's very good especially in the run blocking game. I don't think any of us said great but he's no where near as bad as some morons are saying.
He's a top run blocking tackle in the NFL, if that's not very good I don't know what is. However, you are arguing with a guy who claims anyone can be shifted over to be a center and who thinks the geriatric Eagles OL has depth. That "depth" is going to be severely tested this year those old bodies fall apart in the trenches. 4 of the Eagles 5 starting OL are older than Dallas' oldest OLman.

But cut him some slack, he has admitted he doesn't watch OL's so he's just blowing smoke at this point.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch the OL and DL a lot. When I watch games I usually rewatch most plays because networks would rather show the crowd or coach calling in a play than the replay. When I rewatch the play I mostly focus on the lines and especially if there was a big hole or great protection or poor protection.

It's semantics. He has definitely been better than average and a lot better when healthy and especially run blocking. I wouldn't say he has been very good so far at RT (he was at LG) because he still gets beat with speed too much and has mental lapses, but I think he has the potential to be and I suspect with health, another year of NFL RT experience and the OL back to full strength he will be very good this year :hope:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I don't. I was just assuming which was wrong of me. But I would like to see what it was for the last 9 games. This year should be different. We will find out Sunday but the Offense should be a different animal this year with Linehan gone and with more speed and talent at the skill positions. But, it's of course one thing to expect it, so until we see it on the field it is just me looking at things through rose colored glasses and I've been burned before expecting this "new offense" to show up in real games.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a top run blocking tackle in the NFL, if that's not very good I don't know what is. However, you are arguing with a guy who claims anyone can be shifted over to be a center and who thinks the geriatric Eagles OL has depth. That "depth" is going to be severely tested this year those old bodies fall apart in the trenches. 4 of the Eagles 5 starting OL are older than Dallas' oldest OLman.

But cut him some slack, he has admitted he doesn't watch OL's so he's just blowing smoke at this point.

I watch the OL and DL a lot. When I watch games I usually rewatch most plays because networks would rather show the crowd or coach calling in a play than the replay. When I rewatch the play I mostly focus on the lines and especially if there was a big hole or great protection or poor protection.

It's semantics. He has definitely been better than average and a lot better when healthy and especially run blocking. I wouldn't say he has been very good so far at RT (he was at LG) because he still gets beat with speed too much and has mental lapses, but I think he has the potential to be and I suspect with health, another year of NFL RT experience and the OL back to full strength he will be very good this year :hope:

Is this where I post. "See my boys Jarntt and Ford agree with me."

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I don't. I was just assuming which was wrong of me. But I would like to see what it was for the last 9 games. This year should be different. We will find out Sunday but the Offense should be a different animal this year with Linehan gone and with more speed and talent at the skill positions. But, it's of course one thing to expect it, so until we see it on the field it is just me looking at things through rose colored glasses and I've been burned before expecting this "new offense" to show up in real games.
I can help:
The Amari Cooper Effect
Here is a better way to look at what has happened to the Cowboys since Amari arrived in Dallas.
Cowboys record before Cooper: 3-4
Cowboys record after Cooper: 7-2
Cowboys total offense before Cooper: 320 YPG
Cowboys total offense after Cooper: 362 YPG
Passing offense before Cooper: 183 YPG
Passing offense after Cooper 250 YPG
3rd down % before Cooper: 32% (30th in NFL)
3rd down % after Cooper: 48% (1st in NFL)

By the numbers, the trade for Amari Cooper is measuring up
Amari Cooper has produced the most receiving yards in the NFL since his Week 9 debut for Dallas and is tied for the lead with six touchdown catches in that time. Per NFL NextGen Stats, Cooper's seven catches on passes thrown into tight windows in that time are tied for the second-most in the NFL, trailing Julio Jones' 12.

STAT NO. NFL RANK
Receiving yards 642 1st
Receiving TD 6 T-1st
Tight-window rec.. 7 T-2nd
ESPN Stats & Information

Amari Cooper has transformed the Cowboys offense - just check the stats
2._Table_2___rating.jpg

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I said I don’t analyze OLine
And I just saw a post by Jarntt on the Cowboys board saying he wasn’t good last year so get on his case too.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know, I know. Every part of the Eagles suck and Dallas is flawless

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said that, but when has that stopped ya before? :dhd:

And I need to go find the article for you that says Eagles have an embarrassment of riches on the OLine. Nobody has ever been more wrong on this board then you and the supposed lack of OLine depth. So completely wrong

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No cause Jarntt said he hasn’t been a “very good” RT just like me
unlike you he said hes definitely not just average.
If you want to say Collins is average on pass protection I'll agree but the OL does more than pass protect, they also run block and Collins is great in that aspect of the game. His pass protection also improved under Columbo so I see a great chance he's better on pass pro this season too.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I need to go find the article for you that says Eagles have an embarrassment of riches on the OLine. Nobody has ever been more wrong on this board then you and the supposed lack of OLine depth. So completely wrong
You should have just said that an article said that in the first place and then no one could contest it:pound:

Now don't go saying I said the Eagles OL stinks because I didn't. I think until Dallas proves healthy and better that the Eagles are #1. Rams and a couple of other teams in the mix too. I also think the Eagles have a lot of potentially good backups, especially at OT. I'm not so sure about their G or C depth

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should have just said that an article said that in the first place and then no one could contest it:pound:

Now don't go saying I said the Eagles OL stinks because I didn't. I think until Dallas proves healthy and better that the Eagles are #1. Rams and a couple of other teams in the mix too. I also think the Eagles have a lot of potentially good backups, especially at OT. I'm not so sure about their G or C depth

I agree with Dallas having the better OLine. Kelce has been 1st team all pro the last 2 years but I think Fredricks is much better. Kelce is more finesse and Fredricks simply just kicks your ass. I also think Martin is the best Guard in the league. Tyron Smith won’t have the career Peters has had but right now Smith is a lot better. The Eagles have great T depth, good G depth and no Center depth. But the Eagles won a SB with the motto “Centers aren’t as important as most other positions” :pound: