• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NFC Divisional round part 1: Seattle vs Atlanta 1:35pm PST on Fox

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they did review that play so your point isn't very good.
I doubt that play was even reviewed... Almost anyone with the exception of a Seahawks fan would have ruled that an INT.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt that play was even reviewed... Almost anyone with the exception of a Seahawks fan would have ruled that an INT.

Well sorry to disappoint you but it was reviewed. And it was upheld. I remember the cheer for the review being upheld was nearly as loud as the score itself.

"Replay official Howard Slavin initiated a video review,[13] as is required of all scoring plays. According to an NFL press release after the game, "The aspects of the play that were reviewable included if the ball hit the ground and who had possession of the ball. In the end zone, a ruling of a simultaneous catch is reviewable."[13] Referee Wayne Elliott determined that there was not adequate evidence to overturn the call, so the ruling stood as a touchdown.[13]"
2012 Packers–Seahawks officiating controversy - Wikipedia

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would apply more to the famous MNF non catch by Golden Tate against the Packers. Probably the greatest travesty in NFL history.

I agree. It was basically the NFL equivalent of the Holocaust.

Biggest NFL Travesties IMO:

1) Golden Tate Catch Against Green Bay
2) Dennis Byrd getting paralyzed on the field
3) Joe Theisman's broken leg

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is; did Atlanta win their Super Bowl tonight?

With the head coach coming from the Seattle organization and their recent playoff failures dogging them, does this win get the monkey off their back?.... and does it do so to the point of taking the edge/hunger right out of their game?
We'll find out next weekend.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well sorry to disappoint you but it was reviewed. And it was upheld. I remember the cheer for the review being upheld was nearly as loud as the score itself.

"Replay official Howard Slavin initiated a video review,[13] as is required of all scoring plays. According to an NFL press release after the game, "The aspects of the play that were reviewable included if the ball hit the ground and who had possession of the ball. In the end zone, a ruling of a simultaneous catch is reviewable."[13] Referee Wayne Elliott determined that there was not adequate evidence to overturn the call, so the ruling stood as a touchdown.
Millions of NFL fans would disagree.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you guys said Ryan would choke...

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16003256_1369654529747898_3377662264979728543_n.jpg

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is; did Atlanta win their Super Bowl tonight?

With the head coach coming from the Seattle organization and their recent playoff failures dogging them, does this win get the monkey off their back?.... and does it do so to the point of taking the edge/hunger right out of their game?

As a resident here and a fan of the home town team, I think I can answer those questions.

Win "their" SB? No...I think when the team went out west and beat DEN but lost to SEA in the fashion they did, many fans felt this team was as good offensively as any team in the league and if the DEF got better they would be legit SB contenders in a year where most there were no dominant teams.

Monkey off back? Yes a little bit. The one player on the team that needed to play well was Matt Ryan...the 1-4 playoff record that has been hanging around his neck was well know by all of the players and they wanted to change that in a big way.

Take edge off their game? No. Everyone knows the '98 team got there but couldn't bring it home, and that the Braves are the only franchise here to bring a title to the city in any sport. Quinn has a ring and really seems to want another as the head man and the team seems to buy into what he preaches.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are probably right, but that isn't the point. I highly doubt Seattle had a comeback in them either, but turnovers reviews are supposed to be automatic. And that one was so bizarre with all the bounces and the TE on his back it was very strange they didn't at least have a look at it.

There were a lot of bounces on that play.

Turnover reviews are automatic from the replay official (not a booth review) when a team has no more timeouts and the game is not inside 2 mins.

I can't say a replay official did take another look or not, but I don't think SEA was going to mount a comeback either unless the ATL OFC went into protect mode and I don't think that was going to happen....finish the game was preached for the last two weeks.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see anyway the Falcons roll. They don't have a good enough defense to roll anyone left in the playoffs with the exception of Houston.

Good call.

Lucky for you the Falcons decided to take a knee instead of getting one last fuck you TD at the Seahawks 5 yard line.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man that weak ass Falcons defense really got carved up last night.

A lot of you need to learn important lessons about waiting until after the game to talk shit.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you guys said Ryan would choke...

The Seattle defense is worse than many of us thought. He played well, my hat is off to him.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good call.

Lucky for you the Falcons decided to take a knee instead of getting one last fuck you TD at the Seahawks 5 yard line.

Very classy of the the Falcons HC. I like him a lot.

A lot of other coaches, including Bill and Andy would have punched it in to send a message to their next opponent.