• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NFC Divisional round part 1: Seattle vs Atlanta 1:35pm PST on Fox

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL network just reported he's out.

Me right now:

child-sulking-sweets-alamy.jpg

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle will be down like 24-6 going into the 4th quarter. They'll find some stupid way to take the lead 26-24 (Hauschka missed XP) with 10 seconds left. Matt Ryan will use those 10 seconds to somehow get down the field and the Falcons will score a field goal and win 27-26.

Falcons fans will go nuts. Matt Ryan will be all happy.

And then the Cowboys or Packers will destroy the Falcons like 38-17.
Or ... the Falcons take a late 26-24 lead as Julio Jones makes a circus catch to set the Falcons up for a go-ahead field goal. Then the Hawks improbably get down to the Falcons red zone as Jermaine Kearse makes a multiply-tipped diving catch by pinning the ball to his ass as he face-plants.

Then Haushka shanks a gimme' for the loss ...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me right now:

child-sulking-sweets-alamy.jpg
Can't blame you. My favorite pick of the Hawks draft.
As @JMR mentioned the ticker on NFL Network is still showing "questionable". About a half hour ago they had a look in at Atlanta. I think it was Rappanport who said he's out? :scratch:

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C.J. Prosise (shoulder) won't play in Saturday's game against the Falcons.

Prosise got in two full practices this week but isn't ready to return. Seattle expects to have him for the NFC Championship if they advance. Thomas Rawls will continue to dominate touches after getting 27 carries last week.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,106.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the NFL Network and some of the FSU-UNC game.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,106.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warner likes Seattle today.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday Pete said it would be a game time decision. Last update I had.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday Pete said it would be a game time decision. Last update I had.
The report is that the trainers didn't feel that Procise is ready to hold up for a game yet.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C.J. Prosise (shoulder) won't play in Saturday's game against the Falcons.

Prosise got in two full practices this week but isn't ready to return. Seattle expects to have him for the NFC Championship if they advance. Thomas Rawls will continue to dominate touches after getting 27 carries last week.

Thanks for the update, even though it's shitty news.

On a different topic:
I wonder if there are any plans to actually let Hester actually run with the ball after a kick/punt today? He didn't do a thing last week.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On a different topic:
I wonder if there are any plans to actually let Hester actually run with the ball after a kick/punt today? He didn't do a thing last week.
just pray he catches it:suds:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The report is that the trainers didn't feel that Procise is ready to hold up for a game yet.
I'm not surprised. This week would have been a best case scenario in getting him back. I hope he is healthy for next week:peace:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On a different topic:
Of course. Good conditions and any help appreciated and most likely needed.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not surprised. This week would have been a best case scenario in getting him back. I hope he is healthy for next week:peace:
Same. Disappointed but not surprised. But if the Seahawk can get past the Falcons today, yeah, let's have some Procise ready to go (and then see how long it can last ...)

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. Good conditions and any help appreciated and most likely needed.

I hope so. Last week he was making fair catches with a ton of space. It seemed like maybe he didn't have the green light from Carroll to return anything.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On a different topic:
He did return one punt for short yardage last week and one ko for 20 yards.
We NE fans know your pain and angst. Effin Cyrus Jones. It sucks having to put a key player back there even if only to fair catch it. I think NE uses Amendola today? At least I hope. Can't risk Eddelman getting hurt. He's two catches away from becoming the leading Patriot receiver all-time in playoff receptions. Too valuable at this point of the season.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did return one punt for short yardage last week and one ko for 20 yards.
We NE fans know your pain and angst. Effin Cyrus Jones. It sucks having to put a key player back there even if to fair catch it. I think NE uses Amendola today? At least I hope. Can't risk Eddelman getting hurt. He's two catches away from becoming the leading Patriot receiver all-time in playoff receptions. Too valuable at this point of the season.

Ya, his kickoff return came really late. Almost garbage time really. He waived off some kicks that I know for a fact Lockette would have ran with. At least Hester isn't Sherman. Good lord it gives me heartburn to watch Sherman back there. Between the thought of him getting murdered on a kick return and the fact that he seems to never want to make a fair catch he's hard on my old nerves.

I wouldn't worry too much about Edelman. That guy has Wolverine's skeleton. Fuck that guy is tough.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, his kickoff return came really late. Almost garbage time really. He waived off some kicks that I know for a fact Lockette would have ran with. At least Hester isn't Sherman. Good lord it gives me heartburn to watch Sherman back there. Between the thought of him getting murdered on a kick return and the fact that he seems to never want to make a fair catch he's hard on my old nerves.

I wouldn't worry too much about Edelman. That guy has Wolverine's skeleton. Fuck that guy is tough.
As long as the Hawks game is close I think you see a lot of the same? Unless PC gained a lot of trust with him during practice this week? PC like BB likes to control the ball and not taking unecessary chances. Hester had trouble holding onto the ball. I say fair catch unless you're chasing and hoping for a big play.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prosise is inactive.