• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next Morning News

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure who I was debating with pre-season but that person was all sort of enamored with Dobson, basically my debate was he's a rookie lets see how he does in a real game before we assign him the moniker of a great pick, wonder how that person feels now. Neither he nor Thomkins impressed me, shame when a converted QB is your best option at WR, there is something wrong with that.

Ridley did exactly what he needed to do, help onto the ball and kept the D honest, that is a stout line the Jets have, thank god we didn't cut him last week.

Defense, well there is a shining star in NE and it's the defense, that unit is looking good and will only improve as the season goes on, they will have!!

The Film Room: Film is going to be critical to these rookies, they need to learn when to sit, when to swivel that head, how to read coverage, and how to secure the ball ie look it into your hands. They have a long long way to go. At this point they are little more than horrid.

In the end the Pats are 2-0 and in control of the division, pretty much what we all expected, win the division and hope the rooks develop. Looks like it's gonna be a long learning curve for these guy, it's imperative we keep going to them so there confidence is not shattered.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. pretty much.

Tom missed a couple of deep balls too. Too many frops from Dobson.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dobson and Thompkins clearly so far have shown they are rookies and Tom Brady has looked awful. So of it is on him and others on his receivers. But you can't put too much on Tom.... How many drops last night? Hello it was right in your hands and Brady put it right on your numbers!

If Edelman was not there last night the Patriots would have been crushed. The DEFENSE WOW! What a game.... They really impressed me! Offense has to buy them all new porshce's or whatever they want!

Talib however just needed to go out of bounds there and I am very thankful he didn't have his knee broken when he took that hit!

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dobson and Thompkins clearly so far have shown they are rookies and Tom Brady has looked awful. So of it is on him and others on his receivers. But you can't put too much on Tom.... How many drops last night? Hello it was right in your hands and Brady put it right on your numbers!

If Edelman was not there last night the Patriots would have been crushed. The DEFENSE WOW! What a game.... They really impressed me! Offense has to buy them all new porshce's or whatever they want!

Talib however just needed to go out of bounds there and I am very thankful he didn't have his knee broken when he took that hit!

A lot was on the rooks but there was some accuracy issues with Tom as well,

I am also starting to think there was some poor coaching decisions by BB. Basically he made the decision to start the year with only one maybe two familiar players catching the ball. Homan and Edleman, a converted QB and second or third tier TE. Would have been nice to keep some veterans on that side of the ball.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand by the claim that he should be the primary outside guy.

He had a rough night, but drops have never been an issue in the past and I don't think one bad game means he can't play. Keep in mind that despite them, Brady kept trying to get him the ball, because he knows exactly how important he is to the offense.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Edelman, the best hands on the team belonged to the D-backs.

Belichick's draft strategy is coming home to roost...he doesn't hit with a high pick to add a single quality receiver since Branch and then in his words, "turns the WR position over" in one year. It's not surprising to see the rookies warts on display with bad hands, bad routes and bad results.

2003 - 2012
2nd round picks: Bethel Johnson -- Chad Jackson
3rd round picks: Brandon Tate -- Taylor Price

The jury is still out with the current group of rookies but it doesn't take much brain power to see Dobson has a mediocre set of hands and has had that issue since the offseason program.

Belichick's apologists will point to Edelman as a 7th round hit but he's had to learn to be a receiver from point A and if you add in P.K. Sam 5th , Slater 5th and Jeremy Ebert 7th you have to conclude Edelman was an anomaly.

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One rough game does not mean he has bad hands. Coming out his hands were compared by scouts to Larry Fitzgerald, he had 0 drops his senior year, and he had multiple highlight reel grabs, including what is hands down the best catch I have ever seen in my avatar.

Dobson will be fine. He needs a bit more work with Brady than I expected, but he will be fine.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He had a rough night, but drops have never been an issue in the past and I don't think one bad game means he can't play. Keep in mind that despite them, Brady kept trying to get him the ball, because he knows exactly how important he is to the offense.

JDM. Brady had no one else to throw the ball too. Of course he had to keep throwing to him! but if there is one QB who can get these guys on track it is Brady

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am also starting to think there was some poor coaching decisions by BB. Basically he made the decision to start the year with only one maybe two familiar players catching the ball. Homan and Edleman, a converted QB and second or third tier TE. Would have been nice to keep some veterans on that side of the ball.

I question this as well. i understand to some degree with Llyod not being here but still his moves have been slightly questionable and I think we as fans now have the right to question them

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will win the division.

The only weapon we gave up from last year that makes us any more of a legitimate threat in the playoffs is Gronk, and he will be back. If the young guys produce, we can be legitimate contenders, and if wehad brought back Lloyd and Welker, we wouldn't be close.

The young guys need the reps, and we haven't even lost yet. Stop overreacting.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one is saying he can't play, I am saying what I have said all along, he hasn't proven shit yet so let's not pretend he is a great pick or the next Randy Moss. At this time he has shown us he has more potential to be a bust than he has to be great.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One rough game does not mean he has bad hands. Coming out his hands were compared by scouts to Larry Fitzgerald, he had 0 drops his senior year, and he had multiple highlight reel grabs, including what is hands down the best catch I have ever seen in my avatar.

Dobson will be fine. He needs a bit more work with Brady than I expected, but he will be fine.

He was catching passes from Brian Anderson and Rakeem Cato at Marshall and that ain't Tom Brady and the Patriots.

Dobson has had hands issues since the offseason program with drops in the preseason and drops last night. I suspect a trend. You can rely on his Marshall days if you want to.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had one drop in the preseason. Not plural.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had one drop in the preseason. Not plural.

You must mean the drive killer when Mallett hit him perfectly in the red zone.

rehone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I question why Branch is not on this team. We could put edelman wide and use Branch in the slot where he was a god early in his career.

I admit I did not expect this level of problems with the offense but the one thing I did like was both AD and KT seem to have the ability to get behind the pass defense. It is just not pretty and I was wrong about letting Welker go although he did lead the NFL in drops in 2012. Amendola is as good but too brittle. Gronk had to wait for his back surgery because he had an infection that might have been a Staff infection which cause it to be delayed. Then add dipshit AH and you have the disaster we saw last evening. Add the fact Sudfeld is hurt and there are no targets.

I would have kept Lloyd so i question that move. We could not run the ball and we could not pass the ball which kind of says it all. Thank god for the defense who were immense.

If you watched the game closely BB took over the defense during the game and multiple times he verbally changed defenses. We averaged almost 36 points a game in 2012 and we have 36 points in two games this year. I want our video game offense back.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the bright side.

Dobson kept being open.

They're in rough shape right now, but we have every reason to think they'll get better as the year progresses.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't want washed up receivers that were above average at their peak. Suffer through the rookies and it will pay off.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the bright side.

Dobson kept being open.

They're in rough shape right now, but we have every reason to think they'll get better as the year progresses.

We don't want washed up receivers that were above average at their peak. Suffer through the rookies and it will pay off.

Again at this point it's what we can hope for, there are no assurances. BB is for shit at picking WRs, point is they should get better, I hope they get better, just not hanging my hat on it.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are not a much better team with branch and Lloyd than they are with the rookies right now. And there is upside to the rookies.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are not a much better team with branch and Lloyd than they are with the rookies right now. And there is upside to the rookies.

Really? How do you figure that. Last year in the first two game the offense out 54 points this 35 that is almost a three TD differential.