• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Next Gen Graphics... not for Consoles.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, widgets be bad… digital witchcraft
Yeah I decided against that and ended up buying a USB temp monitor that I'll put in the tower.

71qRy1TgGML._SL1500_.jpg

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I decided against that and ended up buying a USB temp monitor that I'll put in the tower.

71qRy1TgGML._SL1500_.jpg
Saw that a few weeks ago. Thought about it…. Let me know what you think of it. The corsairs iQue lighting control software has all of that included. But it has some minor dislikes.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that a few weeks ago. Thought about it…. Let me know what you think of it. The corsairs iQue lighting control software has all of that included. But it has some minor dislikes.
You just have the pump screen, or do you have the Nexus Companion?

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just have the pump screen, or do you have the Nexus Companion?
As far as screens just the pump screen, the nexus thing i just skimmed past, i assumed it was like something a streamer would have, kinda like the el gato buttons deck thing. Is it a customizable display?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as screens just the pump screen, the nexus thing i just skimmed past, i assumed it was like something a streamer would have, kinda like the el gato buttons deck thing. Is it a customizable display?
Not as open and clear as the one I got, but it will still show the same information, fan speeds, CPU and GPU temps, etc.
It's also a lot more expensive.

Touch screen, and if you mount it at your keyboard instead of inside your case, you can use it in games too. So there are benefits to it.

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not as open and clear as the one I got, but it will still show the same information, fan speeds, CPU and GPU temps, etc.
It's also a lot more expensive.

Touch screen, and if you mount it at your keyboard instead of inside your case, you can use it in games too. So there are benefits to it.
I looked it up, you need corsair keyboard. Mine is a logitech. Which lets me use a phone app which i havent used since i had a 4790k/980ti

BD1F8385-6202-4897-A6D3-33606AEBA0B9.jpeg

Almost 6 yrs ago… 6/30/2017

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm mulling over RMAing this ASUS board and getting an MSI Tomahawk or Carbon....

It sucks to think about basically starting over.

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm mulling over RMAing this ASUS board and getting an MSI Tomahawk or Carbon....

It sucks to think about basically starting over.
my opinion on AMD isnt a secret... never choose AMD if there are other options. ASUS should fight back for AMD's clusterfuck. ASUS designed based on AMD specs Just like Gigabyte, MSI, Asrock... AMD cant live up to their specs.

Last edited:

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my opinion on AMD isnt a secret... never choose AMD if there are other options. ASUS should fight back for AMD's clusterfuck. ASUS designed based on AMD specs Just like Gigabyte, MSI, Asrock... AMD cant live up to their specs.
This is my first time building with AMD anything. I shouldn't have this much stress about my build. But those chips looked so damn promising, the performance and the thermals. And NVIDIA lost me this generation by scrooging the vram on all but the $1500 cards. I don't want to buy a handicapped card or feel forced to spend for the 4090.

And yeah clearly AMD shares a lot of blame here since all 4 manufacturers have had to scramble to fix this problem. But ASUS's response has been particularly bad.

So here I am today. On a side note, I got a great deal today on a Samsung Neo G7 43" monitor, for... whenever I have this thing running.

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my first time building with AMD anything. I shouldn't have this much stress about my build. But those chips looked so damn promising, the performance and the thermals. And NVIDIA lost me this generation by scrooging the vram on all but the $1500 cards. I don't want to buy a handicapped card or feel forced to spend for the 4090.

And yeah clearly AMD shares a lot of blame here since all 4 manufacturers have had to scramble to fix this problem. But ASUS's response has been particularly bad.

So here I am today. On a side note, I got a great deal today on a Samsung Neo G7 43" monitor, for... whenever I have this thing running.
None of us are privy to what happens behinds the scenes, but the big companies AMD Intel and Nvidia, all throw their weight around to try and force the industry to bend in the ways it they want. A good example is the Nvidia/EVGA squabble, that ended with Evga just saying Fuck you… and end their relationship. Nobody seems to be putting the Majority of blame here on AMD. I would guess AMD forced fast bios updates on all the mobo makers. ASUS makes your mobo and Asus is of the best mobo makers out there. TUF was always about being military grade dependable equipment. Forcing the bios release this fast, and all the board makers did it, while not using their own standards in producing solutions (ie testing). Shit, most of the issue wasnt fully understood before the fixes were released.