• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

News keeps getting worse for Stl

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sen. Isadore Hall previously authored legislation that the Governor signed regarding another proposed stadium site. This time I don't think the environmental study stuff needs to be done from scratch because I believe a lot of that was already done for this site.

But if there is something legislatively that can be done to help Kroenke and his group to make this more efficient, we now have a legislator who is ready to step up to the plate. I'm sure Gov. Brown and the rest of the state legislators will be eager to help.

This is one of the huge benefits of working this deal with Inglewood as opposed to LA. You've cut the amount of legal and political red tape by more than half, and can now put this on a fast track..

PolitiCal - Los Angeles Times ... story.html

St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke plans to build an NFL stadium in Inglewood-across from the Forum, which could pave the way for the league's return to Los Angeles. (Christina House / For The Times)

By Patrick McGreevy contact the reporter

Sen. Hall offers legislative help to Rams owner proposing to build an NFL stadium in Inglewood

A state lawmaker who won approval of a bill in 2009 to assist a proposed NFL stadium in the City of Industry said Tuesday that he was willing to provide unspecified legislative help to a new proposal by the owner of the St. Louis Rams to build a football stadium in Inglewood..

l Related
State ethics agency has record number of enforcement actions in 2014PolitiCalState ethics agency has record number of enforcement actions in 2014See all relatedí

Sen. Isadore Hall III (D-Compton) authored legislation signed by the governor nearly six years ago that waived state environmental rules for a stadium that is yet to be built by Majestic Realty Co. in the City of Industry.

Hall said Tuesday that he was willing to assist Rams owner Stan Kroenke, who has proposed building an 80,000-seat professional football stadium and entertainment complex in Inglewood.

“I stand ready to provide any necessary legislative support or assistance to get this deal across the goal line and return the NFL to the greater Los Angeles community,” Hall said in a statement.

Hall, who was elected to the Senate last month after six years in the Assembly, is chairman of the Senate Governmental Organization Committee. Hall's representatives did not return calls on whether specific legislation is under discussion.

He said Tuesday that putting a stadium in Inglewood, which is in his district, would be a significant economic boon to an area that has drawn other rejuvenating investment after some difficult years.

“An NFL stadium and entertainment complex would complement the extraordinary development taking place there now," Hall said.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's it jacobarch. The concept of a stadium being in the midst of an entertainment complex and other types of conglomerate coordinated architecture cannot be replicated in St Louis because one of LA's primary industries is the entertainment industry. If Kroneke tried to replicate that in St Louis, it would fail miserably because St Louis is a blue collar town. Yep, the Rams are LA bound. I'll be totally surprised if the alternative happens.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is, I've known about this project for about two years. I work for a competing Architectural firm in Irvine CA. HKS architects beat us out for the project and now we're seeing the finished DD (design development). Apparently permits for the project are already pulled before construction documents have even been developed for this project which is a big no-no. Actually the city would never do that for a smaller developer because they don't have $$$ these guys do. It's funny how things work nowadays.

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe also I read somewhere that St. Louis doesn't plan to get into a bidding war. Doesn't look good.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't have the resources or the town to compete J-Rod.

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't have the resources or the town to compete J-Rod.

I figured, just looking at the concept stadium they plan to build in LA, it really looks like bye-bye STL.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On top of that, the Mayor of St Louis' spokesman talked to ESPN about an hour ago and said Kroenke has not returned a phone call since Friday. She essentially said "after a while, we get the hint"

Kroenke is evil. I pray he sells my team to someone who is about the team and not the bottom line. I will still be ALL RAMS ALL DAY no matter where they play, but I want an owner who is committed to making the team better on the field and not just in Forbes

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that is a legit concern Commish. Married to one of the Walton brats, Kroneke is fairly quiet because he operates behind the scenes and with this dude, it is all about the benjamins because he has an oceanliner full of them. He could care less about much else. That much is obvious. He reminds me of Dan Reeves and Robert Irsay-two former greedy-ass snake owners.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's it jacobarch. The concept of a stadium being in the midst of an entertainment complex and other types of conglomerate coordinated architecture cannot be replicated in St Louis because one of LA's primary industries is the entertainment industry. If Kroneke tried to replicate that in St Louis, it would fail miserably because St Louis is a blue collar town. Yep, the Rams are LA bound. I'll be totally surprised if the alternative happens.

Just stop it. St. Louis isn't incapable of building an entertainment district because they are "a blue collar town." They aren't gonna build an entertainment district next to the Jones Dome because they are already building one of the most expensive entertainment districts in the country next to Busch Stadium. St. Louis has already done that very thing you insist they are incapable of doing.

Honest question: Have you ever even been to St. Louis? You sound like you are talking about fantasy world. Apparently since it is a "blue collar town," nobody has money or has fun. Of course, the North Side of St. Louis is struggling (around 25 square miles, or 4% of the area of the City of Los Angeles), but the area has one of the best universities in the world, best hospitals, a strong research corridor in the City, and several monstrous corporations.

Maybe St. Louis is letting the Rams leave because people don't care about football here. Oh wait, you aren't allowed to say that here. Nevermind. I'll just go back into the coal mine. I got an hour until I return to my log cabin after a hard day's work.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Relax Smart I don't believe Retro was attacking St. Louis. And his point is valid L.A. is the number 2 market. The money is there.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just stop it. St. Louis isn't incapable of building an entertainment district because they are "a blue collar town." They aren't gonna build an entertainment district next to the Jones Dome because they are already building one of the most expensive entertainment districts in the country next to Busch Stadium. St. Louis has already done that very thing you insist they are incapable of doing.

Honest question: Have you ever even been to St. Louis? You sound like you are talking about fantasy world. Apparently since it is a "blue collar town," nobody has money or has fun. Of course, the North Side of St. Louis is struggling (around 25 square miles, or 4% of the area of the City of Los Angeles), but the area has one of the best universities in the world, best hospitals, a strong research corridor in the City, and several monstrous corporations.

Maybe St. Louis is letting the Rams leave because people don't care about football here. Oh wait, you aren't allowed to say that here. Nevermind. I'll just go back into the coal mine. I got an hour until I return to my log cabin after a hard day's work.

:L:L:L:L:L

who gave you the massive wedgie???

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart, I do live in St Louis and honestly I am not sure I can even come up with a response to the drivel you just spewed. You are embellishing JUUUUUUUUST a little bit. Several "Monsterous" corporations? Let's see Purina, Express Scripts, US Bank, Century Link, Enterprise. None I would consider "monsterous". One of the best Universities in the World??? Missouri is #45 in the UNITED STATES according to US News 2014 survey. Hardly "World Renowned". Now Washington University on the other hand is #14 among private schools in the US, but again, hardly one of the best in the world. While all of our hospitals are in the top 5 in most categories, none are considered the best in the US.
Compare to Los Angeles metro: Not even taking into account ALL the media companies headquartered there you have 2 of the 3 biggest cosmetic companies in the world (Max Factor and Neutrogena), the 3 biggest pharmaceutical companies (Phizer,Baxter and Glaxco), the WORLDS largest Biotech company (Amgen)... the list goes on.

UCLA is ranked in the top 20 of public universities and Pepperdine, Loyola Marymount and USC are all in the top 20 of private schools along with 3 other smaller liberal arts schools in the area.

You could not be more wrong. St Louis cannot compete with LA. It was not made to compete with LA. In the end, as a business decision I understand what ESK is doing. I just do not like the way he is doing it.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart, I do live in St Louis and honestly I am not sure I can even come up with a response to the drivel you just spewed. You are embellishing JUUUUUUUUST a little bit. Several "Monsterous" corporations? Let's see Purina, Express Scripts, US Bank, Century Link, Enterprise. None I would consider "monsterous". One of the best Universities in the World??? Missouri is #45 in the UNITED STATES according to US News 2014 survey. Hardly "World Renowned". Now Washington University on the other hand is #14 among private schools in the US, but again, hardly one of the best in the world. While all of our hospitals are in the top 5 in most categories, none are considered the best in the US.
Compare to Los Angeles metro: Not even taking into account ALL the media companies headquartered there you have 2 of the 3 biggest cosmetic companies in the world (Max Factor and Neutrogena), the 3 biggest pharmaceutical companies (Phizer,Baxter and Glaxco), the WORLDS largest Biotech company (Amgen)... the list goes on.

UCLA is ranked in the top 20 of public universities and Pepperdine, Loyola Marymount and USC are all in the top 20 of private schools along with 3 other smaller liberal arts schools in the area.

You could not be more wrong. St Louis cannot compete with LA. It was not made to compete with LA. In the end, as a business decision I understand what ESK is doing. I just do not like the way he is doing it.

I'm not claiming St. Louis is as big as LA, or that the Rams should stay put. I have actually been the one saying they should move, The point is that STL is not some "blue collar town" and the idea that it can't have an entertainment district is absurd, considering it just built Phase 1 of an entertainment district on par with the one Kroenke is proposing. Along with the companies you listed, the STL area has the headquarters of Emerson, Monsanto, ABI America, Scottrade, Edward Jones, and Hardee's. Depending on what metric you are using, several of those companies are bigger than any in LA. I was referring to Wash U, which is the top-rated school between Chicago and the Stanford, and is ranked above every school in the LA area.

St. Louis isn't losing its team because it is some backwards market or the area isn't big enough. Simple math tells us that. It is the 19th largest market. There are 32 teams. They are losing their team because nobody in STL cares about football. 30-40% of the seats are empty. Tickets often sell for under $10. You can't tell it is gameday in most of the city. They'll turn off Rams games for regular season Cardinals games. St. Louis is a crappy football town. Anybody who has been to multiple NFL cities would see this.

Instead of this BS about Kroenke selling out backwards St. Louis for glamorous LA (which, yes, is a complete insult to St. Louis...I don't understand how can anyone argue otherwise), how about we tell it like it is? Kroenke is leaving because the fans aren't there. Period.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
omg... smart ...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this is just the conspiracy theorist in me but does anyone else think that he is going to move the team out to Los Angeles, get the team value to go way up, sell the team and then try to buy the Broncos?

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this is just the conspiracy theorist in me but does anyone else think that he is going to move the team out to Los Angeles, get the team value to go way up, sell the team and then try to buy the Broncos?

It's an interesting theory. But I will say no. He wont give up control of the Denver Nuggets to his son or wife because like all Billionaires they are control freaks at the highest level.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:whistle:

take-over-the-world.jpg

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What sucks is that LA is NOT a football city. Never has been. They have lost numerous teams and the fans are fickle to say the least. I think after losing the football Cards, StL realized what they had been missing and supported the Rams(didn't hurt with "The greatest show on turf). I remember going to Cardnals games at Busch and being heckled by the opposing teams' fans because we were outnumbered. Bill Bidwell was an atrocious Owner and didn't deserve more than he got, but after losing a team, it's difficult to replace one.

Too bad for St Louis. Hopefully another team show up there.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never gonna happen. His family is too deep into Denver sports. He'd have to adopt kids to make it work.